Auteur Onderwerp: F1 Revisited - 1957 654 antwoorden
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Retired)

Topic mod
  Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (5)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #1 geplaatst Sep 15 2015, 16:50:47 (laatst aangepast Mei 28 2019, 21:11:11 door Jonathan Beagles) Quote 

https://i.imgur.com/VzSyTJM.jpg

F1 Revisited – 1957

For the 1st time in several seasons the title was decided before the final round, as Gerard capped his return to the F1R series with a dominant 3rd title to his name. With the Teams Championship coming in next season, mechanics are now replaced by team principals who will be responsible for making your car as powerful and fast as possible! Nevertheless, a smooth driving style, with timely gear changes, well-marked braking points, a feel for the changing track conditions and the best strategy should ultimately come out on top this time around…plus, manage your money well and spend it wisely to ensure you are in the best position for next season!

https://i.imgur.com/FJfqabG.jpg

Massive thanks to Jon MacLean for all his continued support with this game; it is he who is the mastermind behind most of the Google Doc scripts etc that the game uses!

Current Session Standings

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B0jKvdmMJdvPdwnIL64Y...

Current Season Standings

https://i.imgur.com/FdRIfOQ.jpg

Gerard's title was confirmed last race, but given the pressure he had from Musso this race it looks doubtful he will repeat his domination of this season next time around...Collins, Hawthorn, Behra and Fangio may not have scored points this race but it's a solid end to the season for the drivers in 2nd through to 5th overall.

Von Trips points today are enough to move him up to 6th in the standings, but it is certainly not the season the Ferrari would have hoped for after he won the final race in 1956. Maglioli finishes his F1R career with a decent 7th place in the final standings, while BRM's strong finish to the season see Musso up to 8th overall.

Salvadori drops to 9th in the standings after a tough end to the season, while Perdisa finishes his F1R career with Top 10 in the standings thanks to an impressive final couple of races! That drops Trintignant to 11th, Gould to 12th and Gonzalez to 13th - though the Argentine hasn't ruled out a return in a future season for Connaught.

Fairman was so close to points this season, but must settle for 14th, with Piotti's strong final race moving him up to 15th in the final reckoning. Brabham, the retiring Castellotti, Menditeguy, Flockhart and Bonnier round out the Top 20 overall.

There are no changes below 20th, as we bid farewell to Simon, Leston and non-runners England and Volonterio after this race.
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Retired)

Topic mod
  Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #2 geplaatst Sep 15 2015, 16:50:55 Quote 
Game Play

Each “race weekend” will consist of a single qualifying session and the race. For each qualifying lap you will input a set of instructions about how to take each corner (what gear, how late to brake, what risk to use), on your own personal Google Doc spreadsheet, meaning you can do your qualifying laps whenever you like!

With no mechanics, you will now get feedback on your own spreadsheet for each lap. You can of course change your approach lap by lap to improve your time, but you must run 1 lap at a time. Qualifying is run as one continuous session, so you will simply have a car with enough fuel to do the entire session – as a result you wont ever alter your fuel amount in qualifying, though you may pit to repair damage to the car.

Once qualifying is wrapped up the grid will be determined and you can then submit your instructions for the race itself. Again, these will be in the form of braking distance, gear selection, risk levels etc done using a Google Form you will have the link to.

You will also pre-determine your pit strategy, but should your car become damaged during the race this may be fatal and lead to a retirement so it is good to push the limits of your setup, but not to exceed them. No car-sharing will be allowed, just FYI (one of the few differences between F1R and F1!).
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Retired)

Topic mod
  Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #3 geplaatst Sep 15 2015, 16:51:03 (laatst aangepast Dec 21 2018, 14:59:25 door Jonathan Beagles) Quote 
The Instructions

For each corner you need to submit a gear from the pre-allocated range your car has, and a braking point that should be from 0m up to around 250m or so. The more you push in a lap the better the chance of a good lap time, but equally the more chance of you making a mistake.

Qualifying

Here is an example of how Your Spreadsheet will look:

https://i.imgur.com/dA2hjUI.jpg

There is also a Feedback Tab that shows you how well you are performing vs the optimal gears & braking choices, as can be seen here:

https://i.imgur.com/9YbtYjY.jpg

Please note that instructions are included on the qualifying screen sheet, plus of course your team-mates and I will be able to help you with anything that isn’t immediately apparent.

Race

There is a Race Setup tab on your sheet that you simply need to fill in to confirm your race setup & strategy.

The race is simulated by JB from that point onwards.
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Retired)

Topic mod
  Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #4 geplaatst Sep 15 2015, 16:51:27 (laatst aangepast Nov 25 2018, 13:49:06 door Jonathan Beagles) Quote 
Team Principals

This season sees the introduction of the Team Principal role – these people are responsible for the running of the 7 F1R teams. Those at the top of the all-time Drivers’ points table were given 1st choice of which team they want to manage (if indeed they do want to manage a team), and are as follows:

Ferrari – Tim-Oliver Wagner
Maserati – John Ibbotson
Vanwall – Mike Baston
BRM – Janne Väänänen
Cooper – Kyle Morris
Connaught – Mark Witney
Porsche – Rocco Stallone

More information on the ins and outs of their roles/responsibilities can be found in their own separate thread here:

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=25497&LP=Y#scroll
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Retired)

Topic mod
  Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #5 geplaatst Sep 15 2015, 16:51:33 (laatst aangepast Feb 6 2019, 00:15:52 door Jonathan Beagles) Quote 
Final Line-Ups:

BRM - Janne Väänänen (PROVISIONALLY FULL)

Andre Simon (J Anderson)
Luigi Musso (M Toom)
Umberto Maglioli (J Väänänen)
Dick Gibson (P Willmore)
Masten Gregory (T Lecourt)

Connaught - Mark Witney

José Froilán González (M Witney)
Joakim Bonnier (J Sireni)
Paco Godia (D Karda)
Carlos Menditeguy (J Ho)

Cooper - Kyle Morris (PROVISIONALLY FULL)

Jean Behra (K Morris)
Ron Flockhart (S Wade)
Eugenio Castellotti (C Anello)
Hans Herrmann (L Chong)
Stirling Moss (A Khanna)

Ferrari - Tim-Oliver Wagner (PROVISIONALLY FULL)

Wolfgang von Trips (T-O Wagner)
Juan Manuel Fangio (S Foster)
Jack Brabham (M Standen)
Mike Hawthorn (Q Rieg)
Horace Gould (R Barker)

Maserati - John Ibbotson (PROVISIONALLY FULL)

Bob Gerard (J Ibbotson)
Cesare Perdisa (I Dobrev)
Carol Godin de Beaufort (S Gommans)
Luigi Piotti (B Turi-Kováts)
Ottorino Volonterio (A Ramón)

Porsche - Rocco Stallone (PROVISIONALLY FULL)

Harry Schell (R Stallone)
Maurice Trintignant (D Vankó)
Paul England (T Byrne)
Les Leston (B Gilbert)
Giorgio Scarlatti (E Fernandes)

Vanwall - Mike Baston

Peter Collins (M Baston)
Jack Fairman (P Wechterowicz)
Tony Brooks (S Abhyankar)
Roy Salvadori (M Mackenberg)

35 seats immediately available in F1 Revisited this season with another 8 on stand-by! That means initially there are only 5 seats per team available!!!

The Driver Allocation

Drivers who competed last season will be allocated to the same people as before, as long as either a) the driver or b) the person did not retire before the ’57 season. These drivers are fixed and cannot be changed until the driver actually retires from Formula 1. The only exception is the winning driver from the previous season, who will always return to defend their title.

Initial driver confirmations have already been completed by PM. Now ALL DRIVERS in the game will agree their salaries with the Team Principal (these are real GPRO players as per the above list), and both should send me a copy of the contract filled in identically:

Driver Name –
Team Name –
Contract Length – X years
Signing Bonus – £X
Salary per Race – £X
Contribution (the amount the driver is going to give towards the team’s development) – £X

Previous drivers still in use are shown here:

https://i.imgur.com/yXqka8L.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/t7YgrN3.jpg

If you are new to the game, or if you or your driver dropped out from last season then you will need to select a new driver from the list of available drivers below (note, the Indy 500 representatives are not permitted):

https://i.imgur.com/cMOUESE.jpg?1

You will represent the same driver in the following years and cannot ditch him until he retires, so if you have your eye on someone who started racing in 1958 it is advisable to choose a driver who did not compete in that season – though winning the whole thing would of course prevent you from using said 1958 driver.

Drivers have been allocated in order of championship position last season, and now on a 1st come 1st served basis to new players once joining starts. There is no competitive advantage to be gained between drivers, aside from the driver multiplier.

The Teams

As in real F1 the chassis you have under you is crucial and the actual performance of each will vary, though only in as much as the top speed and gears available initially (overall the field will be quite evenly matched). That said manufacturer upgrades will become available based on how accurate your car is setup, so even the worst car on the grid can achieve performance upgrades if the players do well.

You cannot change teams during a season, though you are not tied in to the same team for future seasons…also a winning constructor will be permitted to stay on if it did not compete in the next season. Team choices will be down to the team principals to agree with the drivers; each team has the same multiplier limit so some of the top teams may take a punt on a brand new driver (this is to try and ensure even competition).

The full list of competing cars is here, with the + amount of entries referring to the maximum possible for each team…bear in mind the team may decide not to fill all these spots initially.

Entrant – Engine – Chassis (No. of driver spaces)

BRM – BRM – P25 (5)
Connaught – Alta – B Type (5)
Cooper – Climax – T43 (5)
Ferrari – Ferrari – 801 (5)
Maserati – Maserati – 250F (5)
Porsche – Porsche – RS550 (5)
Vanwall – Vanwall – VW5 (5)

This means that a total of 43 drivers can compete in this 7th season, although initially only 35 will be offered contracts.

https://i.imgur.com/NDmTv1O.jpg
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Retired)

Topic mod
  Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #6 geplaatst Sep 15 2015, 16:51:41 (laatst aangepast Dec 28 2018, 13:01:36 door Jonathan Beagles) Quote 
Money

Here is the current financial situation for the drivers:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B0jKvdmMJdvPdwnIL64Y...

Please note – from this season onwards you can only spend money if you are in positive balance. You can still go into negative money with a single purchase, but wont be able to buy anything else until you’re back in the black.

There are several things that money can be used to purchase, as follows:

Contribution

At any point you can give some of your money (if you have a positive financial balance) to your team to support the development of the car. For every £1,000 you give you will get a 0.01 bonus to your multiplier.

Multiplier Boosts

Every driver has a multiplier figure, which is based on their experience in F1R. However you can boost this figure in the short-term by purchasing some of the following improvements:

https://i.imgur.com/4RMd0pR.jpg

Homes

You can live anywhere in the world that you want to …if you can afford it. To buy a house in a country other than that of your birth will cost a premium, but will allow you to test on that track between races so when the Grand Prix circus finally shows up to town you will be quicker at that track. Simply send a PM with the words “Quote on a house in COUNTRY NAME(S)” and I will respond with the relevant prices to do so. You may have more than 1 house, but this will dilute your multiplier by the amount of houses you own.

Citizenship

A long and drawn out 5 year process, but you can change the country you represent by living there for 5 years in a row…this will allow drivers who may not have a home GP the chance to get the small speed boost that your favourite track affords you. Simply send a PM with the words “Apply for Citizenship” and your application will begin the long process of being put through. Dual citizenship is a possibility too.

End of Season taxation

At the end of the season any money you have over £5,000 will be taxed at a rate of 20% up to £10,000 and 30% above £10,000.

Examples

As such if you have £8,000 at the end of the season you will be taxed £600 (20% of £3,000 = the amount over £5,000 you are).

If you have £20,000 you will be taxed £4,000 (20% of £5,000 + 30% of £10,000 = the amount over £5,000 and £10,000 you are).
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Retired)

Topic mod
  Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #7 geplaatst Sep 15 2015, 16:51:47 (laatst aangepast Apr 28 2019, 18:00:25 door Jonathan Beagles) Quote 
Track Facts

Name – Monza
Location – Italy
Corners – 7
Laps – 87

Base (Worst) Lap Time – 2:30.000

Road Circuit:
Lap Record (Real Life) – 1:42.400 (Stuart Lewis-Evans)
Lap Record (F1R) – 1:42.299 (Hermann Lang - I Dobrev)

Combined Circuit:
Lap Record (Real Life) – 2:42.600 (Juan Manuel Fangio)
Lap Record (F1R) – 2:41.781 (Giuseppe Farina - W Hoekstra)

Pit Lane Length – 40 seconds

Fuel Consumption – Medium
Tyre Wear – Medium

ALL NEW DRIVERS should fill in the following simple form to join:

Driver (Choose from 'Available 1957 Entrants' in Post #5 OR from the below list) –
Any other information you want to give to appeal to the Team Principals –

The following players can now be replaced:

Juan Manuel Fangio (S Foster)
Stirling Moss (A Khanna)
Ottorino Volonterio (A Ramón)
Hans Herrmann (L Chong)

PLEASE NOTE – Though all efforts have been made to make this historically accurate there is likely to be some departure, if I have made any errors regarding (for example) the gear a corner is to be taken at I can only apologise. I do welcome feedback to improve the game moving forwards.

New Season Changes

Some things to look out for:

1 – Driver multiplier effect muted slightly again – They will still have an impact, but not such a big one
2 – Team Principals are now part of the game – see their dedicated thread for more details
3 – No more mechanics, as this will now be a game function for the team principal to control, meaning you’ll have feedback on your own Google Docs
4 – The “performance upgrades” you get for having an accurate setup, will be converted into money rather than direct upgrades – so it’ll be down to your Team Principal to spend that money effectively
5 - Contributing money to your team now adds 0.01 per £1,000 to your driver multiplier
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Retired)

Topic mod
  Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #8 geplaatst Sep 16 2015, 09:14:45 (laatst aangepast Dec 5 2018, 17:38:03 door Jonathan Beagles) Quote 
Oh and FYI:

1957 Financial Rewards

Money is given for the following achievements:

Championship:
1st place – £5,000
2nd place – £4,000
3rd place – £3,500
4th place – £3,000
5th place – £2,500
6th place – £2,250
7th place – £2,000
8th place – £1,500
9th place – £1,250
10th place – £1,000
11th place – £900
12th place – £800
13th place - £700
14th place - £600
15th place - £500
And so on until…
20th place – £50

Race:
1st place – £250
2nd place – £100
3rd place – £50

Incidentals:
Pole Position – £50
Fastest Lap – £50
Per point (inc. dropped scores & FL) – £10 * NOT given to Podium finishers any more

For the season:

Top performer in the team - £500
Best improvement in a race - £100
Most race finishes in a season - £100
Per objective achieved over the season - £250
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Retired)

Topic mod
  Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (7)   Afkeuren (1)
Oud bericht #9 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 14:01:57 Quote 
I had this on my mind as something I am considering starting again.

If I did we would restart 1957 again as it's been 2.5 years and I'm guessing no-one recalls where we were up to - and I anticipate many of the old regulars (including myself!) are no longer on GPRO...!

If you are interested in playing this (see post #2 etc in the thread for an idea of how the game works) please reply in the thread so I can get a gauge of what interest levels are out there.

Cheers.
JB
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Groep Rookie - 172)

Land:
Hongarije 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (2)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #10 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 14:11:09 Quote 
OH MY GOODNESS
Kyle Morris
(Groep Amateur - 16)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (1)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #11 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 14:12:34 Quote 
It's like Xmas has come early :o

1. Glad to see you back and all well
2. Million times yes. While this was my first season I had a lot of fun
Mark Witney
(Groep Pro - 7)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #12 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 14:31:16 Quote 
Could be good fun to be at the back of the grid again.
Mairo Toom
(Groep Pro - 17)

Land:
Estland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #13 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 14:41:25 Quote 
Jooooooooooon !!!

I would give it a shot as a backmarker :D
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Rookie - 169)

Topic mod
  Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #14 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 14:52:26 Quote 
Just sent some PMs out - so we will see who is still up for it. If I've got 20 people interested I'm happy to run a new season :)

Looks like 4 so far :D
Christian Anello
(Groep Rookie - 16)

Land:
Italië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #15 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 15:02:13 Quote 
Oh my god. This game was awesome.

Welcome back Jon :)
Mairo Toom
(Groep Pro - 17)

Land:
Estland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #16 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 15:38:13 Quote 
Quote ( Christian Anello @ November 18th 2018,15:02:13 )

Oh my god. This game was awesome.

Welcome back Jon :)

NO WAY !?!?!? IS THIS PANCAKE !?!?!?!?!?
Rocco Stallone
(Groep Pro - 25)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #17 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 15:45:36 (laatst aangepast Nov 18 2018, 15:46:36 door Rocco Stallone) Quote 
Whaaaaaaaat!!!!!!?????????

I mean ************* welcome back(?) Beagles.

Holy ****!!

And yes to the game.
Christian Anello
(Groep Rookie - 16)

Land:
Italië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #18 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 15:59:11 Quote 
Quote ( Mairo Toom @ November 18th 2018,15:38:13 )

NO WAY !?!?!? IS THIS PANCAKE !?!?!?!?!?

Hey there Mario! :D
Tim Wagner
(Groep Pro - 7)

Land:
Duitsland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (3)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #19 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 16:07:10 Quote 
Christmas came early. Welcome back squirrel :)

JOOOOOOOON I'LL FOLLOW YOU EVERYWHERE.

(That's a join btw)
Stuart Foster
(Groep Pro - 3)

Land:
Wales 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (2)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #20 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 16:08:40 Quote 
Re-join

Will you be re-starting your GPRO career also JB? And more to the point....football world :D
Marvin Mackenberg
(Groep Pro - 3)

Land:
Duitsland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #21 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 16:14:07 Quote 
You can count me in
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Rookie - 169)

Topic mod
  Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #22 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 16:29:46 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ November 18th 2018,16:08:40 )

Will you be re-starting your GPRO career also JB? And more to the point....football world :D

GPRO yes - but VERY VERY casually. Already had an offer to join a team though lol :)

No other games - only F1R mate. Just not got the time to commit to anything else for the foreseeable.
Stuart Foster
(Groep Pro - 3)

Land:
Wales 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #23 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 16:30:48 Quote 
You must have read my mind about the team offer ;) xD
Mairo Toom
(Groep Pro - 17)

Land:
Estland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #24 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 16:40:17 Quote 
Quote ( Christian Anello @ November 18th 2018,15:59:11 )

Hey there Mario! :D

10 years have passed and you still can't get my name right...
Dominik Karda
(Groep Pro - 12)

Land:
Tsjechië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #25 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 17:04:11 Quote 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ November 18th 2018,16:29:46 )

No other games - only F1R mate. Just not got the time to commit to anything else for the foreseeable.
Not even QRO? :(

Nice to see you back though JB!!!
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Rookie - 169)

Topic mod
  Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #26 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 17:34:06 Quote 
Quote ( Dominik Karda @ November 18th 2018,17:04:11 )

Not even QRO? :(

Sorry mate - can't commit to doing it, so just F1R for the next few years at least.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Groep Rookie - 165)

Land:
Canada 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #27 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 18:31:19 Quote 
ITS HAPPENING!
Mike Baston
(Groep Pro - 5)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #28 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 18:51:34 Quote 
I'm in & am hoping can find my old mechanic too :)
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Rookie - 169)

Topic mod
  Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #29 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 19:05:47 Quote 
Ok so we have enough interest; so here is the plan:

1 - Team Leaders to confirm they still want their teams by PM (DEADLINE 21/11 @ 23:59 CET)
2 - All Players to confirm they still want their Drivers (DEADLINE 24/11 @ 15:00 CET)
3 - Other Team Leader spaces are offered to those who have played in previous seasons initially - and then to new players if needed (DEADLINE 28/11 @ 15:00 CET)
4 - New players/returning players (not involved in F1R '57 before) are invited to take on available drivers (DEADLINE 28/11 @ 20:00 CET)

Aiming for season start around late November with 1st race around mid-December :)
Mark Witney
(Groep Pro - 7)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #30 geplaatst Nov 18 2018, 19:09:37 Quote 
I'm in, but if someone else wants TL I don't mind (as long as it's a returning player) :)
Pagina [12 3 ... 20 21 22 » Ga snel naar pagina:

Antwoord op dit bericht