Auteur Onderwerp: Notifications. 81 antwoorden
Daniel Douglas
(Groep Pro - 2)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (3)   Afkeuren (1)
Oud bericht #31 geplaatst Okt 17 2015, 08:00:58 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Mason @ October 17th 2015,07:57:48 )

I think adding notification regarding the rather rude and uncalled for stuff I'm about to post in utter disdain for another stupid forum topic would warn others to steer clear, or get some popcorn or beer to enjoy the show. I'm sure the mods would like that notification to make a forum ban come more swiftly than before.

Proceed.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Groep Pro - 20)

Land:
Mexico 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (4)   Afkeuren (8)
Oud bericht #32 geplaatst Okt 18 2015, 01:20:42 Quote 
Quote ( Andrew Galica @ October 17th 2015,00:49:15 )

When a manager in your group qualifies in either Q1 or Q2. **DONE** you get yellow letters
When a manager in your group has been Testing .
When a manager in your group has signed a new Driver Partially done you can do it after every market on latest transfers and do a simple text search
When a manager in your group has signed a new Technical Director Partially done you can do it after every market on latest transfers and do a simple text search
When a manager in your group has posted in the Group forum. **DONE** you get yellow letters
When a manager in your group has well you get the idea by now............

Nothing new to be added,

Quote ( Andrew Galica @ October 17th 2015,03:35:53 )

But hey, if they did want to introduce more notifications, that's fine, as long as their is a way to turn off ALL notifications, then I'm happy.

Funny you should suggest that .................it was mentioned in the OP.

Seriously please read the OP , it is all there.

But Peter thank you for contributing. :)

Andrew, stop being a pain in the neck, people contribute and you should let them do that, if you just simply dismiss their comments because they express, in this case with sarcasm, their opinions even if they agree with you will get nowhere.

Shoaib Mohamed
(Groep Pro - 8)

Land:
India 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (6)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #33 geplaatst Okt 18 2015, 06:26:24 Quote 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ October 18th 2015,01:20:42 )

When a manager in your group qualifies in either Q1 or Q2. **DONE** you get yellow letters
When a manager in your group has signed a new Driver Partially done you can do it after every market on latest transfers and do a simple text search
When a manager in your group has signed a new Technical Director Partially done you can do it after every market on latest transfers and do a simple text search
When a manager in your group has posted in the Group forum. **DONE** you get yellow letters

Nothing new to be added,

Quote ( Andrew Galica @ October 17th 2015,03:35:53 )

But hey, if they did want to introduce more notifications, that's fine, as long as their is a way to turn off ALL notifications, then I'm happy.

Funny you should suggest that .................it was mentioned in the OP.

Seriously please read the OP , it is all there.

But Peter thank you for contributing. :)

Andrew, stop being a pain in the neck, people contribute and you should let them do that, if you just simply dismiss their comments because they express, in this case with sarcasm, their opinions even if they agree with you will get nowhere.

Funny you blame the OP for responding with sarcasm, when the majority of the responses have been equally, or more flippant...
Mikko Heikkinen
(Groep Master - 4)

Land:
Finland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (9)   Afkeuren (7)
Oud bericht #34 geplaatst Okt 18 2015, 06:45:33 (laatst aangepast Okt 18 2015, 06:48:58 door Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
I fully understand that some of the facebook fanboys think it's completely appropriate to advertise every time you make a dump or take out the trash.

But bear in mind that there are also people who value "privacy". (I use that term here losely)

Quote ( Andrew Galica @ October 17th 2015,01:18:00 )

with the option to subscribe or unsubscribe as one chooses.

You're addressing the wrong issue, it's the other way around: I don't want to advertise every single move I make here. (and I'd imagine there are others who see it that way too)

Sure, you could find out (for example) if I've tested or updated the car (etc.) or not, but that doesn't mean that it's prudent to advertise it with a notification.

The bottom line is: Essentially we are in competition with each other, therefore our actions should not be advertised to our competitors.
If you want to perform "espionage" then do the legwork :)

--------------------------------------------------
Quote ( Andrew Galica @ October 17th 2015,01:18:00 )

Here are two versions of an entertaining saying that is usually credited to Abraham Lincoln or Mark Twain:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

I'm quite confident in saying that neither Lincoln nor Twain meant their words to be used to silence people who has differing opinions from yours.

People are allowed to have differing opinions and it's only you showing your ignorance quoting the words of esteemed persons in a completely inappropriate context/meaning.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Groep Pro - 20)

Land:
Mexico 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (7)
Oud bericht #35 geplaatst Okt 18 2015, 07:18:48 (laatst aangepast Okt 18 2015, 07:20:23 door Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo) Quote 
Quote ( Shoaib Mohamed @ October 18th 2015,06:26:24 )

Funny you blame the OP for responding with sarcasm, when the majority of the responses have been equally, or more flippant...

In a way yes, but specially the answer that originated that comment was at no way flippant or sarcastic as you said it was an honest opinion.

But Andrew seems to have the last word and be the owner of the truth.

Unfortunately an idea as bad as the one in the OP wher half of what he is looking for is already in place and which in my own mind does not add anything to the game or at lesat he did not indicate what would be the benefit.

And as Mikko mentioned,some things are meant to be private or are useless.

What is the use in knowing how many laps of testing did you do?

It will only give you useless number since 80, 90 or whatever laps the manager made, will not indicate how many CCP points would he get in the future since this is dependant on other many factors which are not shown.

I know some of the answers have been sarcasatic and in a way mine was, but some people have agreed with him on the possibility to unsubscribe to notifications, yet he insists that he is the one that mentioned it.

Sorry no way t give any positive feedback on his ideas, since the OP is simply "perfect" and holds the truth.

Michael Winkley
(Groep Amateur - 61)

Land:
Wales 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (3)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #36 geplaatst Okt 18 2015, 09:08:09 Quote 
Testing notifications would be an unfair advantage. Manager X only got 32 laps with their first stint, so Manager Y (whom was online at that time) now knows not to try any longer stints.
Sven Bojkowski
(Groep Amateur - 27)

Land:
Zweden 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (5)
Oud bericht #37 geplaatst Okt 18 2015, 09:58:31 Quote 
I agree with every word Mikko wrote.
Michael Winkley
(Groep Amateur - 61)

Land:
Wales 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #38 geplaatst Okt 18 2015, 10:13:40 Quote 
Quote ( Sven Bojkowski @ October 18th 2015,09:58:31 )

I agree with every word Mikko wrote.

But you are allowed to have differing opinions. :)
Sven Bojkowski
(Groep Amateur - 27)

Land:
Zweden 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #39 geplaatst Okt 18 2015, 19:49:13 Quote 
Doesn't that just get people into trouble?
David Andrewartha
(Groep Pro - 19)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #40 geplaatst Okt 18 2015, 20:57:04 (laatst aangepast Okt 18 2015, 20:57:50 door David Andrewartha) Quote 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ October 18th 2015,09:08:09 )

Testing notifications would be an unfair advantage. Manager X only got 32 laps with their first stint, so Manager Y (whom was online at that time) now knows not to try any longer stints.

But you wouldn't really know. They may have a reason for doing a 32 lap stint, they may have made a mess of their fuel or tyre selection, could be car wear issues. There could be a few reasons for doing a certain number of laps in a stint.
I still think the original post's crap though.
Brian Brummert
(Groep Amateur - 1)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (3)   Afkeuren (8)
Oud bericht #41 geplaatst Okt 18 2015, 22:46:05 Quote 

Notifications.
Should also include the following items :-

When a manager in your group qualifies in either Q1 or Q2.
When a manager in your group has signed a new Driver
When a manager in your group has signed a new Technical Director
When a manager in your group has posted in the Group forum.

ALSO the above should apply to Managers on your friends list and fellow Team mates. (I am a aware that team mates can be added to friends list.)

The notification system should also have the ability to send a text and/or email notification .

The notification list should be extensive with the option to subscribe or unsubscribe as one chooses.

ps , They should be in your chosen language.

when I read this I got a mental notification that this post is retarded.
Michael Winkley
(Groep Amateur - 61)

Land:
Wales 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #42 geplaatst Okt 18 2015, 22:50:21 Quote 
Your post or his post?
Roy Mitchell
(Groep Amateur - 39)

Land:
Canada 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #43 geplaatst Okt 18 2015, 23:43:07 Quote 
Quote ( Sven Bojkowski @ October 18th 2015,19:49:13 )

Doesn't that just get people into trouble?

That would mean the Gpro world is becoming too REAL.

Have enough of that crap in the world now.

Unless, you are a 'conspiracy theorist' in which case, you are in heaven.
Michael Winkley
(Groep Amateur - 61)

Land:
Wales 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #44 geplaatst Okt 19 2015, 00:02:08 Quote 
Isn't a conspiracy theorist just someone who doesn't swallow the accepted narrative wholeheartedly?
Roland Postle10
(Groep Elite)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (1)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #45 geplaatst Okt 19 2015, 00:40:56 Quote 
Nah a conspiracy theorist swallows the accepted conspiratorial narrative wholeheartedly. Not really very different from a conventionalist, just maybe sometimes stronger conviction

There's a school of thought that most conspiracy theories are created by those seeking to control us. By providing two attractive but very different narratives they appeal to a much bigger percentage of the population than if everyone was forced to adhere to one mainstream school of thought. Think about it... conspiracy theorists never get persecuted. There's no need, their power has already been neutralised
Roy Mitchell
(Groep Amateur - 39)

Land:
Canada 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #46 geplaatst Okt 19 2015, 02:28:02 (laatst aangepast Okt 19 2015, 02:43:03 door Roy Mitchell) Quote 
Seen the world cycle, twice in my lifetime, it has been quicker the second time around.. and I understand it better.

In a rear view mirror, conspiracy theorists were, at times correct. However, as Roland points out, it has been a way to control the 'perception' of these conspiracies by governments world wide that has managed to keep the world from improving. i.e. The Cold War enemy mentality (along with an endless list of other and new things we are fed BS about) George Orwell had it right.

Someone said in a song, one of the truest things I have heard in music.

"When they control the information, they can bend it anyway they like."

The propaganda machine is hard at work in Hollywood. Giving the audience a sense of the alertness, preparedness and the heroes in waiting. While providing, a sense of dread, the fear of espionage and alien people in juxtaposition to the freedom and rescue by the United Snakes of America.

Have NO fear people..... we will make it 'right'.

"Here I come to save the day!" - Mickey Mouse or maybe Donald Trump, I'm not sure.

BUT of course, a conspiracy is... in the eye of the beholder.

Edit: Holy shit.... did I get off topic, much?!!?

Notifications.
There are enough already. Anymore and you can use cruise control and race with 15 minutes preparation. (the devil is in the details).. any athlete or team that makes an error, over looks the small details, is at a disadvantage. Small details are an important part of this game.

One 'small' error can cause a lot of frustration and require changes to your plans. I can't see it derailing a two year plan. I would have had three season plans in that time.

Like the the kitty said.... 'tough titty but the milks alright'
Adrian Summers
(Groep Amateur - 18)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (2)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #47 geplaatst Okt 19 2015, 03:11:43 Quote 
****NOTIFICATION****

Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ October 19th 2015,02:28:02 )

"Here I come to save the day!" - Mickey Mouse
This was actually a catch phrase from Mighty Mouse.
Josh Clark
(Groep Rookie - 239)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #48 geplaatst Okt 19 2015, 04:30:41 (laatst aangepast Okt 19 2015, 04:32:25 door Josh Clark) Quote 
Quote ( Roland Postle @ October 19th 2015,00:40:56 )

Nah a conspiracy theorist swallows the accepted conspiratorial narrative wholeheartedly. Not really very different from a conventionalist, just maybe sometimes stronger conviction

So many cons...
How very on topic :)
Roy Mitchell
(Groep Amateur - 39)

Land:
Canada 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #49 geplaatst Okt 19 2015, 06:52:16 Quote 
Did you hear.. Mickey Mouse was divorcing Minnie!

When asked, Why?? He replied that, he felt he had to, "She was f**king Goofy."
Shane Goeb
(Groep Amateur - 81)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (7)   Afkeuren (7)
Oud bericht #50 geplaatst Okt 19 2015, 07:05:12 Quote 
I totally disagree with any notifications...I feel like resources would be tied up sending out notifications 24/7. Also, if you want to see who's posting in your group forum, check your group forum. If you want to see who's testing, check the testing standings. Please, we don't need the game to hold your hand and tell you every time anyone does anything.

Too many notifications make the game about checking your notifications and not managing your team/car. There's a certain enjoyment in flying under the radar. Don't be so lazy.
Mike Brummert
(Groep Pro - 4)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #51 geplaatst Okt 20 2015, 02:45:38 Quote 
Quote ( Shane Goeb @ October 19th 2015,07:05:12 )

Please, we don't need the game to hold your hand and tell you every time anyone does anything.

Right. Just the important stuff.
Lee Ifans
(Groep Master - 3)

Land:
Venezuela 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #52 geplaatst Okt 20 2015, 03:26:09 Quote 
I'm wondering if there might be some value in being able to set our own personal notifications? We have the notebook where we can save information but it would be nice to set alarms or notifications to remind us to do certain things.

Because some of us are getting old and slow :D

Sometimes I set up alerts on my phone if I need to get a TD at a certain time for example. It would be nice to set our own notifications as an aid to memory. I don't think that's to hand-holdy.
Andrew Galica
(Groep Pro - 14)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #53 geplaatst Feb 20 2016, 01:08:45 Quote 

<!-- gpro_300x250 -->

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Notifications.
Should also include the following items :-

When a manager in your group qualifies in either Q1 or Q2.
When a manager in your group has signed a new Driver
When a manager in your group has signed a new Technical Director
When a manager in your group has posted in the Group forum.

ALSO the above should apply to Managers on your friends list and fellow Team mates. (I am a aware that team mates can be added to friends list.)

The notification system should also have the ability to send a text and/or email notification .

The notification list should be extensive with the option to subscribe or unsubscribe as one chooses.

ps , They should be in your chosen language.

It has been a few months and I have had a chance to reflect on my original suggestion.............( plus the fact being involved with two external Gpro forums ) I must admit that it was a suggestion made out of passion for the game as opposed to being realistic or objective in practise :)

I therefore would like to retract my original suggestion :)

thank you for your time :)

Ivan Silva
(Groep Amateur - 85)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #54 geplaatst Feb 20 2016, 01:23:22 Quote 
Why do you say so? It was a good suggestion. I mean, at least make the notification feature not useless.
Andrew Galica
(Groep Pro - 14)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #55 geplaatst Feb 20 2016, 01:42:04 Quote 
Thanks Ivan, however when you have your desktop, laptop, tablet and your phone constantly playing a notification tune...............one kinda realises that notifications for any old bollocks posted on any forum including the doubling up from email notifications , bookmarks, posts that I have participated in and Tapatalk ect ,just become a pain in the backside.

I am glad that I am not a moderator here as well .:)

David Andrewartha
(Groep Amateur - 113)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #56 geplaatst Feb 20 2016, 02:39:45 Quote 
Quote ( Andrew Galica @ February 20th 2016,01:08:45 )

It has been a few months and I have had a chance to reflect on my original suggestion.............( plus the fact being involved with two external Gpro forums ) I must admit that it was a suggestion made out of passion for the game as opposed to being realistic or objective in practise :)I therefore would like to retract my original suggestion :)

Well said Andrew, I always think it shows good character when people can publicly admit they were wrong, so fair play to you. I remember when I first started playing I would've liked 4 or 5 races a week, now I'm glad there are only 2. But back to your original point I think you're right to retract your suggestion, I find the notifications annoying enough as it is. If you're keeping your eye on the game most of the notifications are unnecessary, and actually pretty annoying.
Marius Bernhold
(Groep Pro - 21)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #57 geplaatst Feb 1 2018, 19:55:35 (laatst aangepast Feb 1 2018, 19:56:37 door Marius Bernhold) Quote 
I am not sure if I should have created a new post, since I actually think it belongs in this 1.

I am actually a little bit anoyed by each interview notification. I do not read them and I do not care. I also believe that other players think the same way about this, but I also know people do like to read the interviews and do want to be notified.

My suggestion is to create a box under account settings, to choose if one wants or does not want to be notified about at least the interviews. Maybe even more of the notifications that are not related to game changes apply for this.
Daniel Tackaberry
(Groep Amateur - 113)

Land:
Ierland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #58 geplaatst Feb 1 2018, 19:57:13 Quote 
Just ignore them
Wayne Edwards
(Groep Amateur - 41)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (4)   Afkeuren (1)
Oud bericht #59 geplaatst Feb 1 2018, 21:33:23 Quote 
Click on the bell and it will display what the notification is about. If you are not interested just click on the GPRO header logo and it clears them all.

How annoying can something so innocuous be?
Michael Keeney
(Groep Pro - 17)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #60 geplaatst Feb 1 2018, 21:57:11 Quote 
I check box should be pretty easy to implement?

You can select/ de select what kind of notifications that you'd like to receive. Im pretty certain every app or website have them settings so why not here?

I agree its a tiny problem but it may really annoy some people.
Pagina « 1 [23 » Ga snel naar pagina:

Antwoord op dit bericht