Auteur Onderwerp: Lap Boost 431 antwoorden
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Groep Amateur - 55)

Land:
Turkije 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (2)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #271 geplaatst Mrt 7 2016, 10:18:01 Quote 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ March 7th 2016,10:10:19 )

The announcement says to use the ? to find out more, but if you have no driver, you can't access the ?.

It says,

"Three times during the race your driver can push (3 laps each time) for very fast lap times, something that is very demanding and usually only done during qualification. You can select 3 laps when the driver will start pushing, so if you select laps 1,6,12 your driver will push on laps (1,2,3), (6,7,8) and (12,13,14). Overlapping laps will not give you extra speed and leaving this setting at 0 will discard the boost lap. The boost laps will also be discarded if the car has a technical problem."

You probably already know it but if anyone-else still cant see it, enjoy my friends..
Kirsty Ridley
(Groep Amateur - 103)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #272 geplaatst Mrt 7 2016, 10:48:38 Quote 
Thanks Ahmet, will be useful to a lot I think.
George Togas
(Groep Pro - 6)

Land:
Griekenland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (2)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #273 geplaatst Mrt 7 2016, 12:34:33 Quote 
Quote ( Robert Kearney @ March 7th 2016,08:46:58 )

Well if everybody pushes at the start with lap boosts how will it actually benefit anybody ?

I would expect Lap boost to be used by most near the start where you have a train already set up. Layer on they may be of less use. But like I said, if everybody does that, it's the same for everybody.

Nice idea to overcome the problem of blocking though.

That's why it says that "if you use it properly in the right circumstances,it may help you..."

Imagine everyone (except you) boost the first 9 laps as you mentioned...
Then,after 9 laps,they will be far from you and no one will block you for a long time.
The blockers will be in the same place,slowing down everyone except you. Then,you use your boost laps in a later stage,when you have been close to blockers and suddenly you are in front of them.
Do you get the point of properly used in the right circumstances now?
Bert Elsmann
(Groep Pro - 12)

Land:
Duitsland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (3)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #274 geplaatst Mrt 7 2016, 12:49:05 Quote 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ March 7th 2016,08:35:55 )

I thought it was a chat, from the interest in what boost will do.

Yes, I agree with you. Up to now it's a chat, from the interest in what boost will do. But where will the real discussion happen, about what boost does? I suppose we'll have to use this existing thread, but the existing thread stopped being a discussion before it even started, because it started as chat, not as a discussion.

Imagine you are a new player who signs up in 6 months and everybody tells you to use the forum search. What will you find then, if you are searching for boost laps? Up to now we have 270 posts that are nothing more than pure speculations or thoughts based on pure speculations. Nobody knows yet how it works or what it affects and the value of this whole "discussion" is like zero. But nevertheless a forum searcher would need to read 6-X pages full of posts, that were made before anybody knew what he was talking about.

After first race we'll probably have more discussion based on observations here, but will a late reader find the edge here between speculative posts and posts made out of observations? And now my prediction, of course it's also purely speculative: this thread won't end as a discussion, it will end with some funny jokesters, trying to show everyone what silly fellows they are with turning this discussion into an offtopic chat box. Therefore the real information, what a new player might be really looking for, will be hidden somewhere in the middle of thousands of posts.
Mason Somoza
(Groep Amateur - 57)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #275 geplaatst Mrt 7 2016, 13:32:31 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ March 5th 2016,23:11:26 )

what about your boosted boost booster boosting the mighty boosh?

Best Post ever.
Phil Maunder
(Groep Pro - 7)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #276 geplaatst Mrt 7 2016, 13:34:07 Quote 
Easy for you to say
Edwin Silva
(Groep Pro - 7)

Land:
Colombia 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #277 geplaatst Mrt 7 2016, 14:04:46 Quote 
Thanks for the addition, Vlad.

Whereas t is impossible to draw conclusions without knowing the actual effectiveness of the boost, in real racing, a boost would be most effective right when you are doing an overtaking attempt or right before your pitstop if your rival has just gone to pits. Since there isn't a script, you might as well waste your right before pitstop boost if there wasn't anybody actually blocking you before the pitstop (and then again, if there is somebody still blocking you about the time your first stint is over, you would have done better by overtaking him previously in the race with said boost instead).

In that regards, boosting early in the race looks like a no brainer. That's when the race is most packed, so that's the period where you have the highest odds of not wasting the boost. But that would make the whole boosting thing close to useless. I think some additions could mix things up. For example, consecutive boosts being less effective than boost a few laps apart (you could roleplay that assuming the boost is helped by batteries and the batteries aren't fully charged in 3 laps). That would create choices: do I boost from 2 to 10 where the race is packed but I get lower bonus each time, or do I wait for some laps between boosts so to have optimal bonus?

That being said, I think the addition is very good and some details can be tweaked down the road.
Ivan Silva
(Groep Amateur - 85)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #278 geplaatst Mrt 7 2016, 14:09:40 Quote 
I'm pretty sure wasting a boost wont provide any benefits though. Its just too good to be true.
Daneks Britāls
(Groep Amateur - 63)

Land:
Letland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #279 geplaatst Mrt 7 2016, 14:33:37 Quote 
Quote ( Edwin Silva @ March 7th 2016,14:04:46 )

ince there isn't a script, you might as well waste your right before pitstop boost if there wasn't anybody actually blocking you before the pitstop

But you can effictevely use your boost before pitstop if you are blocking yourself. This is what i read in this new feature in the first place. and i love it!
Mikko Heikkinen
(Groep Master - 4)

Land:
Finland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (1)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #280 geplaatst Mrt 7 2016, 15:57:29 Quote 
Quote ( Jed Lilly @ March 5th 2016,22:01:37 )

Is anybody planning to use it for anything other than the first 9 laps before blocking?

Quote ( Graham Mercer @ March 7th 2016,10:00:06 )

I am certainly NOT using it in first 9 laps of the race

I'm certain I'm not gonna tell any of you lot when (or if) I'm gonna use it :)
Fábio Soares
(Groep Amateur - 9)

Land:
Brazilië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #281 geplaatst Mrt 7 2016, 16:09:36 Quote 
One hour before the race, when I communicate using.
Eric Spijkers
(Groep Amateur - 72)

Land:
Nederland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #282 geplaatst Mrt 7 2016, 16:21:15 Quote 
Quote ( Ahmet Sonverdi @ March 7th 2016,10:18:01 )

<!-- gpro_300x250 -->

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ March 7th 2016,10:10:19 )

The announcement says to use the ? to find out more, but if you have no driver, you can't access the ?.

It says,

"Three times during the race your driver can push (3 laps each time) for very fast lap times, something that is very demanding and usually only done during qualification. You can select 3 laps when the driver will start pushing, so if you select laps 1,6,12 your driver will push on laps (1,2,3), (6,7,8) and (12,13,14). Overlapping laps will not give you extra speed and leaving this setting at 0 will discard the boost lap. The boost laps will also be discarded if the car has a technical problem."

so when ou will have a boost i the end, it's possible to lose the boost.
Maybe you wille have to look to th peak temp of the tyre and the warming up laps.
i think a longer stint and the last laps of your stint the boost.
Also do you tink at the peak temp of the tyre during the race, so you will have 2 of 3 you can use.
Robbert Bultstra
(Groep Amateur - 95)

Land:
Nederland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #283 geplaatst Mrt 7 2016, 23:59:45 Quote 
why all the questions. is it not FOOB?
if you know wat the fuel will be at the end and tyre then you can see what will be the effect off the boost.

i like this now we all need to find something new rookie and elite also :P
Stuart McIntyre
(Groep Pro - 1)

Land:
Schotland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (4)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #284 geplaatst Mrt 8 2016, 00:04:26 Quote 
It's FOBY, nOOb
Robbert Bultstra
(Groep Amateur - 95)

Land:
Nederland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #285 geplaatst Mrt 8 2016, 00:18:37 Quote 
oh yeah sorry
Mike Brummert
(Groep Amateur - 111)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (2)   Afkeuren (1)
Oud bericht #286 geplaatst Mrt 8 2016, 00:58:18 Quote 
Can we get a "lift and coast" option plz?
Eric Spijkers
(Groep Amateur - 72)

Land:
Nederland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #287 geplaatst Mrt 8 2016, 02:28:04 Quote 
Lift and coast
That wil mean that the number of corners has influens for fuel saving before the cornering?
So the wings and the brakes wil be important i think.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Groep Amateur - 106)

Land:
Mexico 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (5)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #288 geplaatst Mrt 8 2016, 06:31:09 Quote 
Many posts and lots of opinions so I will add mine.

1) About the admins providing more info.
Please don't some FOBY will be nice to the game (and is really needed).
I don't expect it to last too long since simple experimentation will show the difference at least on the effects. So why take awayt he fun from the game?
I'm inclined to thing that many of those who claim admins have to provide more info are either lazy or have never worked out anything of the game by themselves.

2) About how will it affect tyres,car wear, fuel etc.
Although some effects seem logical I would not rule out some other possible effects, so let's not speculate and see the results in the first races.

3) Try to explain it as a CTR boost or something similar.
Again pure speculation. a CTR boost is useless in traffic, since it is clear track. And that is the reason why you can be 2 seconds faster but can´t overtake somebody, you can be 2 seconds faster if you are using 100 CTR but once you get close to him your CTR advantage is gone and maybe your speed is the same as the guy in front of you.
So is it only CTR boost or maybe OTR boost I don¿t know and we will start finding it out very soon.

4) It can really shake up things.
I think, and hope, it will do, lot's of talking about it increasing DM's or start accidents, it might do so, and would be nice to see the never ending trains being modified by this, do we need to learn how to use them, Yes we do, very similar to when the start risks were tweaked and we there was some new things to learn.

So for me it's a welcome addition to the game and will help to create different strategies that will put an end to processional races (in this case F1 is close to GPRO).

David Mason
(Groep Rookie - 170)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #289 geplaatst Mrt 8 2016, 06:40:55 Quote 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ March 8th 2016,06:31:09 )

So for me it's a welcome addition to the game and will help to create different strategies

I agree Eduardo - going to be steep learning curve this season - looking forward to it
Michael Winkley
(Groep Pro - 12)

Land:
Wales 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #290 geplaatst Mrt 8 2016, 07:20:19 Quote 
If it is just an overtaking thing, and not something that you can benefit from in clear track, surely all it would mean is a frequent change in who is driving the train; the train may move along marginally faster, but a train it would be nonetheless.
Lucky Jabavu
(Groep Rookie - 277)

Land:
Zuid-Afrika 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #291 geplaatst Mrt 8 2016, 07:40:01 Quote 
How do we set up this booster conveniently?
Michael Winkley
(Groep Pro - 12)

Land:
Wales 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #292 geplaatst Mrt 8 2016, 08:05:25 Quote 
The best way is to not do the same as everyone else. In my view, it'd be wasted if you are being blocked. Take from that what you will, but do realise that none of us actually know how it is going to work just yet. Best advice would be to watch multiple race replays following the first race. Preferably of races where you know that the frontrunners will be at Max clear track risks.
Rastislav Padysak
(Groep Amateur - 105)

Land:
Slowakije 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #293 geplaatst Mrt 8 2016, 08:51:57 Quote 
To be honest I don't like implementing Lap boost feature at the moment - but accept it.
Maybe I'll find it interesting already in the first race. (Seems like I'm getting too conservative to like new features automatically.) ;-)

Just asking GPRO universe: :-)
Is there some plan to implement lap-by-lap performance level settings or performance curve selection in the future?
Roy Mitchell
(Groep Amateur - 39)

Land:
Canada 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #294 geplaatst Mrt 8 2016, 09:20:02 Quote 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ March 7th 2016,08:41:19 )

I'm also wondering if boost laps will now start to kill all the race lap records going forwards

This would not be a good thing. We are not F1 so I've been informed. Possibly new records with a notation the 'Boost performance' WAS available for the new record time.

What did Favourite Track do to your car, tires, driver and / or race pace? The results from Favourite Track can also affect the records but in a less dramatic fashion. Favourite track does not come free of unexpected effects.

Regardless, the effect of 'Boost performance' will need to be viewed in context of what value it brings vs costs.

Things like, possibly more driver errors requiring more training in certain areas, consideration of Clear Track risks and a balance with 'Boost performance' and "if and when you might need or want it deployed" being a critical decision time in the race. It may not be as easy as first considerations would have you believe.

I can't see how it would be possible to obtain accurate tire and parts wear data with this addition. Past data would have little relevance to the game today if 'Boost performance' has any affect on those areas.

If 'Boost performance' does affect parts and/or tire wear then I would expect more information in that area to be recorded in a way that you can take the change into consideration and have a way of accounting for it's effect.

I think the addition is good for the game. It will give the possibility of a viable strategy to those who need to score and of course, those who want to block.

Blocking can be infuriating, it can cause your blood pressure to rise, totally screw your race and lose you valuable points.

That is racing and there is little that can be done about how another wishes to conduct racing activities.

No one wants to be behind anybody else. That is what motor racing is really all about. Blocking helps in that way, sort of...

'Second place, is the first loser' That says what real life drivers are on about. The ego of fantastic drivers and their courage in real life pushing to prove they are the fastest. They are not satisfied with 2nd or 3rd or anything but a win.

Warning this philosophy has cost me many seasons of stagnation or at least no progress. I attempt to race every race, full out on the limits of wear and fuel. There is so much 'work' ( insert smiley face ) on the money and your package in the game that I need to be excited about the racing. I'm also excited about our team, Porsche Performance. heheee

Niels Wolters
(Groep Amateur - 80)

Land:
Nederland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #295 geplaatst Mrt 8 2016, 10:05:10 Quote 
If lap records go because of this it might be a pitty, but on the others hands a future change in game engine in terms of making the cars/drivers faster would eventually have this result.
I think it is good some records that were set in 'the old' days can now be broken by the people excelling in this game for the last 5-10 seasons.
Marcus Keeley
(Groep Amateur - 8)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #296 geplaatst Mrt 10 2016, 23:12:39 Quote 
Is there any offical guide as to how boost feature works?
Willem Van Mierlo
(Groep Amateur - 32)

Land:
Nederland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #297 geplaatst Mrt 10 2016, 23:25:24 Quote 
Hover over the question mark behind the boost settings on the race setup page, that's all there is as far as I know.
Ivan Silva
(Groep Amateur - 85)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #298 geplaatst Mrt 11 2016, 01:37:50 Quote 
Quote ( Marcus Keeley @ March 10th 2016,23:12:39 )

Is there any offical guide as to how boost feature works?

Noone really knows how it works so far. Only time will tell.
Michael Keeney
(Groep Master - 2)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #299 geplaatst Mrt 11 2016, 15:24:49 Quote 
I hope it's not just me but is anyone else really excited to see how these boost laps work?

Did you anyone go to the other game these boost laps are in and see how they work there?

Surely someone did their homework? PM me ;)
Marco Predappio
(Groep Master - 5)

Land:
Italië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #300 geplaatst Mrt 11 2016, 15:25:59 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ March 11th 2016,15:24:49 )

I hope it's not just me but is anyone else really excited to see how these boost laps work?

i'm :)

Did you anyone go to the other game these boost laps are in and see how they work there?

i didn't see any use in that, because we can't know how it will be in gpro

Surely someone did their homework? PM me ;)

definitely :)
Pagina « 1 2 3 ... 9 [1011 ... 13 14 15 » Ga snel naar pagina:

Antwoord op dit bericht