Auteur Onderwerp: The GPRO Podcast 415 antwoorden
Luke Frost
(Groep Pro - 20)

Land:
Australië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (1)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #361 geplaatst Jun 9 2021, 08:16:48 Quote 
Really enjoyed watching this one. Max was very honest and open about every topic. Russian accent is still scary to me, I wouldn't mess about with Max and his Top 10 :D
Stefan Voggenreither
(Beheerder)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Duitsland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (3)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #362 geplaatst Jun 9 2021, 11:27:47 Quote 
I also enjoyed this episode very much. Didn't think that it will come so soon after Max was not within the top picks at the oscars :-D Thanx for that Jun

But I feel I also have to correct at least one thing here :-D @Maxim Kotov (P23)

I know, my memory isn't always the best (sometimes I even don't know in the evening what I had for breakfast), but in this case I have a very clear memory. I am just missing the start point, what I wanted to hear in the podcast :-P

I wrote this little side game already for another F1 management game, the blacklisted one :-) When I search with the wayback machine for it, I can find a first snapshot for December 2003. But when the shit hit the fan in that blacklisted game, I modified it a bit so that certain managers got excluded and finally some time later I shut it down.

After I joined GPRO in Beta Season 4 also as a beta tester (no admin yet), I offered Vlad also Max's Top 10 as a side game and I just updated of course the design and implemented an easy login. I think at that point I asked Max whether he has any objection against using this name.

But where does the game (and also the name) originally come from? As Max mentioned, he played from 1996 on F1Live. So did I. And this little game also had a small (compared to GPRO) but fantastic community. They also liked to create side games. And one was Max's Top 10. You can still see it here: https://web.archive.org/web/19991004085900/http://f1live.com...

I just copied the idea from here without any further instructions from Max. But for me it was always improtant that it is visible, that the credits belong to Max.

I would more like to know, how it was invented at the very first time and how did Max calculate and update the page? With Excel and did he update the page himself? Or someone else?

But I can't remember who had the idea for the cup. After a little research I found out that I've implemented the cup over one year after Max retired. Okay, I know I am lazy... but I can't really tell whether I postponed the implementation really one year or not... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maxim Kotov2
(Groep Pro - 23)

Land:
Rusland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (2)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #363 geplaatst Jun 9 2021, 13:14:23 (laatst aangepast Jun 9 2021, 13:22:00 door Maxim Kotov) Quote 
I want to apologize for inaccuracy when trying to remember all the facts from the past, Steff!
I'm sure you have more clear view about how and when it all happened :)
Sometimes we have some blackouts in our memory for certain events occured long long time ago. So if I messed up with something, I'm sorry and I didn't mean to be selfish.
Glad you enjoyed the podcast, although it turned out to be very long and personally I should have made it shorter, it's my fault that I was speaking too slowly and also repeated several times the same topic. :)
Maybe Jun should have cropped out some unimportant sections to make it shorter...

P. S. Now I remember, that GPRO Cup format came from the same unofficial Cup used in F1 Live where it was named after Sergi (I think we discussed the idea together with him, that's why I thought it was my idea also). :)
Stefan Voggenreither
(Beheerder)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Duitsland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #364 geplaatst Jun 9 2021, 13:26:39 Quote 
Quote ( Maxim Kotov @ June 9th 2021,13:14:23 )

want to apologize for inaccuracy when trying to remember all the facts from the past, Steff!
I'm sure you have more clear view about how and when it all happened :)
Sometimes we have some blackouts in our memory for certain events occured long long time ago. So if I messed up with something, I'm sorry and I didn't mean to be selfish.

No need to apologize (as I suffer also from bad memory :-D ) and there is nothing selfish in it. As you are not a programmer, I am sure you didn't do that page on your own but you proposed it at one time to someone. It was just not me :-D

Maybe Jun should have cropped out some unimportant sections to make it shorter...

Not for me. I could have listen longer :-)
Stefan Voggenreither
(Beheerder)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Duitsland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #365 geplaatst Jun 9 2021, 13:27:42 (laatst aangepast Jun 9 2021, 13:30:09 door Stefan Voggenreither) Quote 

P. S. Now I remember, that GPRO Cup format came from the same unofficial Cup used in F1 Live where it was named after Sergi (I think we discussed the idea together with him, that's why I thought it was my idea also). :)

Oh, yeah, that could be possible indeed. I just found also this kind of cup there: https://web.archive.org/web/20001008135143/http://f1live.com...
Luke Frost
(Groep Pro - 20)

Land:
Australië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (4)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #366 geplaatst Jun 10 2021, 01:18:22 Quote 
History lesson 101. These types of dialogues are so interesting to read & listen to!
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Pro - 20)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #367 geplaatst Jun 10 2021, 03:02:32 Quote 
Epic podcast - incredibly insightful! Thanks @Maxim Kotov (P23) for all your contributions to the website over the years :)
Stefan Voggenreither
(Beheerder)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Duitsland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #368 geplaatst Jun 10 2021, 10:33:32 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ June 10th 2021,01:18:22 )

History lesson 101. These types of dialogues are so interesting to read & listen to!

I have now a picture in my mind for one episode of the podcast: some old dinos sitting together and talk about the gold old days of F1-Management-Games and what all happend. And somehow that reminded me on this:

Jun Ho
(Groep Pro - 18)

Topic mod
  Land:
Hong Kong 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #369 geplaatst Jun 10 2021, 11:02:29 Quote 
Quote ( Stefan Voggenreither @ June 10th 2021,10:33:32 )

I have now a picture in my mind for one episode of the podcast: some old dinos sitting together and talk about the gold old days of F1-Management-Games and what all happend. And somehow that reminded me on this:

Episode 25 is going to be one hell of an episode if Vlad agrees to it :P
Luke Frost
(Groep Pro - 20)

Land:
Australië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #370 geplaatst Jun 10 2021, 11:11:55 (laatst aangepast Jun 10 2021, 11:14:54 door Luke Frost) Quote 
Quote ( Stefan Voggenreither @ June 10th 2021,10:33:32 )

You guys don't realize when you speak the rest of us little kids sit by the tree on the hill looking up to you like our grandfathers :D

Do it please! :D
Jun Ho
(Groep Pro - 18)

Topic mod
  Land:
Hong Kong 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #371 geplaatst Jun 10 2021, 11:17:40 Quote 
Also @Maxim Kotov (P23), I've just realised that after our Valorant chat where you said that Russian players do not have voice chat, apparently they just released voice chat to the Russian players now! :)
Stefan Voggenreither
(Beheerder)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Duitsland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #372 geplaatst Jun 10 2021, 13:16:31 Quote 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ June 10th 2021,11:02:29 )

Episode 25 is going to be one hell of an episode if Vlad agrees to it :P

Yeah, but the first hour of the episode will be a monologue as he can hardly chat about F1Live, F1Gold, F1Pro... but it might get funny at least once we get to talk about the blacklisted game... :-D
Luke Frost
(Groep Pro - 20)

Land:
Australië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #373 geplaatst Jun 10 2021, 13:45:55 (laatst aangepast Jun 10 2021, 13:49:35 door Luke Frost) Quote 
Quote ( Stefan Voggenreither @ June 10th 2021,13:16:31 )

but it might get funny at least once we get to talk about the blacklisted game... :-D

even more funny if each time you guys mention it, the speech is overriden with >>>BLEEEEEP<<< https://github.com/Speech-VINO/Speech-Censor-Bot :D

Jun Ho
(Groep Pro - 18)

Topic mod
  Land:
Hong Kong 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #374 geplaatst Jun 13 2021, 23:17:04 Quote 
If you follow the GPRO Podcast Instagram page, you would have seen that the new trailer is out! All trailers will be released on Instagram 24 hours before it gets released on YouTube, so be part of the early birds, and follow the page on Instagram!

https://www.instagram.com/gpropodcast/?hl=en

GPRO PODCAST HALL OF FAME VOTING

You can vote for your Hall of Fame nominations by using the Google Forms link below! You can choose up to a maximum of 3 people, 3 teams and other inductees and the top 2 of each will be inducted in Episode 20 with myself and a few podcast guests!!

Link: https://forms.gle/P9cTd36ASkNPxgvPA

Jun Ho
(Groep Pro - 18)

Topic mod
  Land:
Hong Kong 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (5)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #375 geplaatst Jun 15 2021, 09:40:39 Quote 
GPRO PODCAST EP.17 TRAILER

My next GPRO Podcast is with another GPRO legend @Atis Praudins (P25)! We talk about everything GPRO, his hobbies, and how we met in real life??!? Stay tuned for the podcast which will be live on Tuesday at 19:00CET!

Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Pro - 20)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #376 geplaatst Jun 15 2021, 09:45:19 Quote 
Awesome to see Atis again :)
Jun Ho
(Groep Pro - 18)

Topic mod
  Land:
Hong Kong 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #377 geplaatst Jun 16 2021, 00:11:14 Quote 
GPRO PODCAST - EPISODE 17 IS LIVE!

The next episode of The GPRO Podcast is live, and you can listen to it on Spotify or watch it through YouTube! Hope you guys enjoy! :)

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/3TWNQzkq6Jw46s5JeLakNs?si=1...

Please subscribe or follow the Spotify page as these episodes are dropped every Tuesday at 19:00CET! :)
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Pro - 20)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #378 geplaatst Jun 16 2021, 01:58:39 Quote 
I'll see your watching every F1 race since 1995 and raise you to 1994 Atis ;)

Daneks and Laila were only there on the 1st day in Latvia FYI, Atis arrived on the 2nd day IIRC. And lol The Kart of Death!!! Totally forgot about that :P

Great to hear from you again mate - and really interesting podcast both!
Jun Ho
(Groep Pro - 18)

Topic mod
  Land:
Hong Kong 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #379 geplaatst Jun 18 2021, 00:17:01 Quote 
GPRO PODCAST HALL OF FAME VOTING

You can vote for your Hall of Fame nominations by using the Google Forms link below! You can choose up to a maximum of 3 people, 3 teams and other inductees and the top 2 of each will be inducted in Episode 20 with myself and a few podcast guests!!

Link: https://forms.gle/P9cTd36ASkNPxgvPA

VOTING CLOSES AT SATURDAY 3RD JULY 2021
Atis Praudins
(Groep Pro - 25)

Land:
Letland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #380 geplaatst Jun 18 2021, 18:18:39 Quote 
Thanks again for inviting me Jun, it was nice to have a chat with you! :)

Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ June 16th 2021,01:58:39 )

I'll see your watching every F1 race since 1995 and raise you to 1994 Atis ;)

Nice one! I'm a bit younger so I'll use that as an excuse for starting a bit later :D

I' ll keep my fingers crossed that we'll meet this year in Barcelona - it has been quite a while since I've met you guys :)
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Pro - 20)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #381 geplaatst Jun 18 2021, 18:23:12 Quote 

Quote ( Atis Praudins @ June 18th 2021,18:18:39 )

Nice one! I'm a bit younger so I'll use that as an excuse for starting a bit later :D

Haha fair enough :)

Quote ( Atis Praudins @ June 18th 2021,18:18:39 )

I' ll keep my fingers crossed that we'll meet this year in Barcelona - it has been quite a while since I've met you guys :)

Awesome mate; I'm all booked in and so is Jun - so hopefully we will see you there!
David Rolleston1
(Groep Master - 1)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #382 geplaatst Jun 18 2021, 18:29:06 Quote 
Nice work Jun and Atis, listened to it on the drive into work this morning, might have to listen to some of the others as well now!
Jun Ho
(Groep Pro - 18)

Topic mod
  Land:
Hong Kong 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #383 geplaatst Jul 5 2021, 13:33:14 Quote 
HIATUS ON GPRO PODCAST

Hi everyone. I just want to apologise for the lack of podcasts recently by myself. I have recently started a new job which requires a lot of overtime working, and so I just do not have enough time to record and edit out a podcast every week. I also believe after 17 weeks of this that I have completely burnt myself out of this and is no longer fun for me. I lack motivation and desire to record more and more of this. My next guest had a lot of communication difficulties, but cannot solely blame this individual on it as he has put time aside to do this with me which I am forever grateful for.

Because of the above, The GPRO Podcast will currently end "Season 1" and will be on a slight hiatus. Sorry to all who look forward to listening to this, but I just do not have any motiviation to continue this, as well as commitments to my current GPRO team would further push this behind. I hope that my workload will become less the further we get into the year, and I should be able to re-continue doing this in the near future. But for now, it is time to end this temporarily and to anyone who would want to be a GPRO Podcast guest, feel free to message me and I will reserve your name down for when they start coming back again!

Thank you to everyone who has shown this support, including El Presidente who had provided a great platform for me to share this which I had not fully used yet! Signing out of Season 1, and I believe that is "fair enough". :)
Jun Ho
(Groep Amateur - 52)

Topic mod
  Land:
Hong Kong 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #384 geplaatst Jul 26 2021, 20:03:50 Quote 
GPRO PODCAST EP.18 TRAILER

Surprise surprise! A special episode of the GPRO Podcast is being released on Tuesday! With my awesome teammate Jan Velske, we talk everything from GPRO to some Nuvo drama and a hobby that got Jan's friends laughing! Coming out 20:00CET on Tuesday!

Jun Ho
(Groep Amateur - 52)

Topic mod
  Land:
Hong Kong 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #385 geplaatst Jul 27 2021, 20:46:20 Quote 
GPRO PODCAST - EPISODE 18 IS LIVE!

The next episode of The GPRO Podcast is live, and you can listen to it on Spotify or watch it through YouTube! Hope you guys enjoy! :)

Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Pro - 20)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #386 geplaatst Aug 2 2021, 01:10:18 Quote 
Great podcast gents - some interesting insights :)
Jun Ho
(Groep Amateur - 52)

Topic mod
  Land:
Hong Kong 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (9)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #387 geplaatst Dec 9 2021, 14:14:42 Quote 
Guess what? THE GPRO PODCAST IS COMING BACK! I might start off with guests that we have already done to ease my way back into the podcasting mood, and then we can start getting new guests in again!

First episode of the new season will come out most likely on the end of January, so get ready!
Nicholas Bryant
(Groep Amateur - 73)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #388 geplaatst Dec 9 2021, 20:49:55 Quote 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ December 9th 2021,14:14:42 )

Guess what? THE GPRO PODCAST IS COMING BACK! I might start off with guests that we have already done to ease my way back into the podcasting mood, and then we can start getting new guests in again!

First episode of the new season will come out most likely on the end of January, so get ready!

Woohoo - I'll re-follow on Spotify then!
Jun Ho
(Groep Amateur - 52)

Topic mod
  Land:
Hong Kong 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #389 geplaatst Dec 9 2021, 20:56:16 Quote 
Quote ( Nicholas Bryant @ December 9th 2021,20:49:55 )

Woohoo - I'll re-follow on Spotify then!

Thanks Nicholas :)
Ken Neihart
(Groep Amateur - 69)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #390 geplaatst Dec 9 2021, 20:59:13 Quote 
Good to see it's coming back.
Pagina « 1 2 3 ... 12 [1314 » Ga snel naar pagina:

Antwoord op dit bericht