Grand Prix Racing Online Jabb'rin' > Off topic forum > What is the worst film ever? Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer nay care list Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer impor' list
This Sheet [12 3 ... 5 6 7 » Jump t' new sheet:
Thi' Captain Spake Jabb'r: What is the worst film ever? 's many 's 203 answ'rs
Phil Maunder
(Squadron Pro - 6)

Postin's: 10003
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #1 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:28:20 Be quotin' 
My job often lands me with many a night stuck in a hotel, at the mercy to watch whatever happens to be on TV at the time.

This evening I have had the misfortune to watch Anaconda 2 (Anacondas. Get it? Anacondas? Clever neh?)

It is without doubt the worst film I have ever seen. In fact at the risk of saying things I cant take back - it was even worse than batman & robin (circa 1997). And worse than Cabin Fever (the only time I've ever attempted to demand my money back at a public cinema)

I didn't create a poll for this as I'm sure opinion will be widespread, but I'm intrigued to ask - what, in GPRO's opinion, is the worst film ever made?
Harrison Whitworth
(Squadron Rookie - 207)

Postin's: 782
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (11)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #2 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:28:54 Be quotin' 
Twilight.
Vlado Rosić-Milinković
(Squadron Amateur - 5)

Postin's: 1438
  Home Port:
Bosnia-Herzegovina 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (3)   Dislike this here post (2)
A old postin' #3 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:31:18 Be quotin' 
Human Centipede.
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Squadron Rookie - 350)

Postin's: 22386
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (2)   Dislike this here post (3)
A old postin' #4 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:31:20 Be quotin' 
Without a doubt - Snakes on a plane. I mean worse than literally anything
George Brown
(Squadron Amateur - 30)

Postin's: 749
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #5 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:32:28 ('t be edit'd Nov 2 2012, 00:33:03 by George Brown) Be quotin' 
I saw (some of) one of those 'Dinocroc vs Supergator' films the other day, and that was just awful. There was one with a two-headed shark as well which was dire.

They do have a certain 'so bad it's good' effect to them I suppose.

Snakes on a Plane did immediately spring to mind as well. It's like those others but with a big budget and good cast, who should all be suitably embarassed.

This may be controversial, but in terms of expectation vs results, I think my worst film ever might be the Phantom Menace.
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Squadron Rookie - 350)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #6 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:34:21 Be quotin' 
Quote ( George Brown @ November 2nd 2012,00:32:28 )

This may be controversial, but in terms of expectation vs results, I think my worst film ever might be the Phantom Menace.

At least something happened in that - can you remember ANYTHING from the attack of the clones? They are both bad but attack of the clones is unwatchable. The only part I can remember is where he kills the worm with his lightsaber at the start
George Brown
(Squadron Amateur - 30)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #7 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:36:46 ('t be edit'd Nov 2 2012, 00:38:15 by George Brown) Be quotin' 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ November 2nd 2012,00:34:21 )

At least something happened in that - can you remember ANYTHING from the attack of the clones? They are both bad but attack of the clones is unwatchable

Yeah it is an appalling film, and as a film it probably is worse than Phantom Menace, but I wasn't expecting it to be very good - I'd already had all expectations dashed by the first one. And no, I can't remember anything about it.

I did try to watch the third one last week, having been told it was 'better'. I should have known - better is a relative term. Turned it off after 15 minutes.

While we're on the subject, George Lucas must be loving it. Barring Willow and a couple of Indiana Jones films, he's just sold a company for £2bn despite it not having released a good product since 1983. Fair play to the lad.
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Squadron Rookie - 350)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #8 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:38:33 ('t be edit'd Nov 2 2012, 00:39:18 by Finn Shaw-McIver) Be quotin' 
Actually they third one is pretty good I think, you would need to watch more than 15 minutes of that. I am sure you have heard about darth Vader screaming 'noooooo' at the end of the film. skip past that bit and the rest of the film is quite good.

george Lucas is the reason it has not released anything else - I am happy Disney has it, they could really do a good job with it
George Brown
(Squadron Amateur - 30)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #9 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:40:59 ('t be edit'd Nov 2 2012, 00:42:32 by George Brown) Be quotin' 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ November 2nd 2012,00:38:33 )

Actually they third one is pretty good I think, you would need to watch more than 15 minutes of that.

I really struggled with the characters, or rather the actors playing them. The whole thing felt really contrived and forced, and within 5 seconds I just hoped they'd all get wiped out in a freak asteroid shower.

Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ November 2nd 2012,00:38:33 )

I am happy Disney has it, they could really do a good job with it

Yeah, the new avengers film was ace. Joss Whedon + Star Wars sequels would be bloody brilliant.
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Squadron Rookie - 350)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #10 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:42:15 Be quotin' 
Quote ( George Brown @ November 2nd 2012,00:40:59 )

within 5 seconds I just hoped they'd all get wiped out in a freak asteroid shower.

that nearly happened right at the start:p
George Brown
(Squadron Amateur - 30)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #11 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:43:09 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ November 2nd 2012,00:42:15 )

that nearly happened right at the start:p

lol yeah, perhaps it was my shattering disappointment that made me switch it off.
Liam Johnson
(Squadron Amateur - 49)

Postin's: 500
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (2)   Dislike this here post (2)
A old postin' #12 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:45:52 Be quotin' 
Avatar for me has to be the worse film, the only good thing about it was the graphics but everything else about it was just terrible in my opinion.
Adrian Summers
(Squadron Amateur - 7)

Postin's: 2292
  Home Port:
United States 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (3)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #13 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:47:15 Be quotin' 
2 Fast 2 Furious blows all of these out of the water. It is by far the worst I've ever seen.
George Brown
(Squadron Amateur - 30)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (2)
A old postin' #14 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:48:37 ('t be edit'd Nov 2 2012, 00:49:18 by George Brown) Be quotin' 
Quote ( Liam Johnson @ November 2nd 2012,00:45:52 )

Avatar for me has to be the worse film, the only good thing about it was the graphics but everything else about it was just terrible in my opinion.

I didn't enjoy Avatar. Obviously it was the first really big 3D film, which was pretty cool, but I just felt like I was being smashed repeatedly round the head with a baseball bat that had a Greenpeace logo on it. I don't pay £11 to have conservationism shoved down my throat for 3 hours. Can't stand Hollywood sermonising while pretending it's entertainment. Might as well watch Battlefield Earth, at least that was amusing.
Phil Maunder
(Squadron Pro - 6)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (2)
A old postin' #15 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:49:50 Be quotin' 
The 'new' star wars films are ok ish but just unnecessarily complicated & political. 10 years on & yea, it's apparent that phantom menace was when George Lucas stopped giving a shit about his films. And the new Indiana Jones film, when he is tooling around with his ex wife, son, partner, friends, teacher - was like watching the goonies by the end (except not as good)

Nevertheless I'd say disappointing rather than fundamentally bad films
Mike Baston
(Squadron Pro - 4)

Postin's: 1905
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (1)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #16 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:50:32 Be quotin' 
Constantine and Napoleon Dynamite. Expected something funny to happen in latter & it just never did.
Liam Johnson
(Squadron Amateur - 49)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #17 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:54:33 Be quotin' 
Just remembered something that a flat mate told me a couple of days ago which might become relevant for this topic. He said that there was gonna be a new Star Wars film, so the Phantom menace and Attack of the clones might not be the worst Star Wars film. Got no idea what its gonna be called though.
Phil Maunder
(Squadron Pro - 6)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #18 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:57:59 Be quotin' 
Yea Disney bought LucasFilm and are going to release 3 more Star Wars films, possibly more than 3...

They should do a good job at it I think. (bloody hope so!)
George Brown
(Squadron Amateur - 30)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #19 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 00:59:18 Be quotin' 
Some inspiration for you all, Empire worst 50 films ever:

http://uk.imdb.com/list/QYyLul8isxo/
Gasper Mozek
(Squadron Rookie - 184)

Postin's: 327
  Home Port:
Slovenia 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #20 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 01:00:32 ('t be edit'd Nov 2 2012, 01:02:20 by Gasper Mozek) Be quotin' 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ November 2nd 2012,00:28:20 )

...evening I have had the misfortune to watch Anaconda 2 (Anacondas. Get it? Anacondas? Clever neh?)...It is without doubt the worst film I have ever seen..

if anaconda 2 made you open this thread, i really cant imagine what would you do, if you would be watching anaconda 3 or 4.

about worst movies... there are tons of low budget movies which would deserve the title "worst movie ever"... if i focus on hollywood movie with decent budget i would say All About Steve. that was pure torture and i would rather took arrow in the knee then watch this piece of shit again.
Ivan Kaunitz
(Squadron Rookie - 109)

Postin's: 716
  Home Port:
Argentina 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #21 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 01:01:21 Be quotin' 
Star Wars episodes I and II and i'm a fan of the saga
Liam Johnson
(Squadron Amateur - 49)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #22 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 01:01:26 Be quotin' 
Can't remember the last good/decent Disney film, last one i can think of might of been the first Toy Story.
George Brown
(Squadron Amateur - 30)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #23 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 01:03:35 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Liam Johnson @ November 2nd 2012,01:01:26 )

Can't remember the last good/decent Disney film

New Avengers film?

I'm sure there are plenty of appalling 90s sequels that should be considered. 'Honey We Shrunk Ourselves' and the suchlike.
Jake Clark
(Squadron Rookie - 113)

Postin's: 2638
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (5)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #24 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 01:04:07 Be quotin' 
Justin Beiber Movie
Phil Maunder
(Squadron Pro - 6)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #25 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 01:04:08 ('t be edit'd Nov 2 2012, 01:05:59 by Phil Maunder) Be quotin' 
There's Anaconda 3 & 4 ??! Jesus goodness to **** I don't even want to imagine. I actually feel ill now
Joe Manifold
(Squadron Amateur - 64)

Postin's: 12472
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #26 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 01:04:15 ('t be edit'd Nov 2 2012, 01:06:38 by Joe Manifold) Be quotin' 
Troll 2.

Worst death scene? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iC45-tMR34

Quote ( George Brown @ November 2nd 2012,00:32:28 )

Agreed, but it probably had one of the best Jedi fight scene out of the 6 films, IMO.
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Squadron Rookie - 350)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #27 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 01:05:46 Be quotin' 
I forgot about Year One (43 in that list). There is not one funny part in that film. I saw it when I was about 13, I have never found Jack Black funny and he doesn't disappoint in that.
Michael Winkley
(Squadron Master - 4)

Postin's: 33335
  Home Port:
Wales 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (5)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #28 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 01:10:36 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Jake Clark @ November 2nd 2012,01:04:07 )

Justin Beiber Movie

Erm, why would you even sit down to watch crap like that in the first place?
Paul Chambers
(Squadron Rookie - 316)

Postin's: 22
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #29 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 01:15:39 Be quotin' 
The perils of Sky Movies and a bout of insomnia once led me to a 2002 film called Stranded. One of those films you know, you just know in your bones, will be a disaster - but you can't tear yourself away. Not even when the lead is the star of 'American Ninja' (1 to 4; they actually made sequels?!). Not even when the supporting cast is led by Ice-T. I didn't even stop watching when NASA mission control appeared to be a broom cupboard, nor when they used stock footage of one shuttle, having constantly referred to it by a different name. I watched the whole thing, and can't remember anything other than flipping a shot 90 degrees does not make actors appear weightless.

So that - or 'Temple of Doom' which I constantly claim as the worst 'major release' ever made. The kids. The actress. The mine chase models. Makes me shiver...
Liam Johnson
(Squadron Amateur - 49)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #30 Spake upon Nov 2 2012, 01:19:11 Be quotin' 
Quote ( George Brown @ November 2nd 2012,01:03:35 )

New Avengers film?

Never watched it so i wouldn't of known it was made by Disney. Although films that have superheroes in them tend to put me off as 99% of them tend to be bad.
This Sheet [12 3 ... 5 6 7 » Jump t' new sheet:
Grand Prix Racing Online Jabb'rin' > Off topic forum > What is the worst film ever? Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer nay care list Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer impor' list

Be answ'rin' thi' jabber