Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > General forum > GPRO Organiser - A Tool for GPRO Ignorar este tópico Adicionar este tópico à lista de tópicos vigiados
Página [12 3 ... 279 280 281 » Ir rapidamente para a página:
Autor Tópico: GPRO Organiser - A Tool for GPRO 8421 respostas
Niels Kjær
(Grupo Amateur - 1)

País:
Dinamarca 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (132)   Não gostar desta mensagem (5)
Mensagem antiga #1 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 19:26:15 (Editado em 16 Jun 2008, 10:45:58 por Stefan Voggenreither) Citar 
During the last four months, I have made a tool for GPRO in my sparetime.
The idea is to collect old data and then present them in a way that aids the manager, much like an assistant would do.
I started doing it after wasting my first season figuring out the rules, and then realising that I would be using the second season figuring out which data to keep. Any idea of a spreadsheet per track was shot down, in that would not allow me to easily compare data from different tracks.
Hence GPRO Organiser, or GO, was born.

It is freeware and available to everyone, and you are welcome to take a look at http://mbjerg.dk/gpro .
It is not complete, in the sense that it does not store all data from the GPRO site, it 'just' stores what I find most important at the moment (and for the financial history, most fun to implement). I am steadily adding functionality to it, thanks to new ideas and suggestions from my teammates, who until now have been the only ones using it.

I have also started work on a manual, although that is not my strong side. The manual can be found at www.89484848.dk/gpro/phpmanual

It is my hope that with tools such as this, managers can use more of their game time pondering about strategy and making decisions and less time on bookkeeping.

If you have questions or comments, please write them here. I am sure others have the same, and then I do not have to answer the same question more than once :-)
Jonas Kontautas
(Grupo Rookie - 6)

País:
Lituânia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (6)   Não gostar desta mensagem (1)
Mensagem antiga #2 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 19:38:05 Citar 
wow thats... Fantastic! its really grate idea :)
Piotr Wódz
(Grupo Amateur - 9)

País:
Polónia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (2)
Mensagem antiga #3 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 19:38:28 Citar 
You do very good thing for all with GPRO :) I test it :) Thank you Niels :) Good job! Regards Piotrek!
Erik Mol
(Grupo Rookie - 27)

País:
Estados Unidos da América 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #4 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 19:40:03 Citar 
holy cow this is sweet ... my spreadsheets are not as easy to understand as this ... however dont you think giving this to EVERYONE might be a problem??? im not complaining :P
Junior Almeida
(Grupo Rookie - 2)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (2)
Mensagem antiga #5 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 19:42:13 Citar 
i have to download framework or something...
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Administrador)

Equipa GPRO
  País:
Suécia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (11)   Não gostar desta mensagem (2)
Mensagem antiga #6 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 19:42:51 Citar 
Just one small but important note. Since the tool asks for your GPRO login and password at some point, until we can verify the source code of the tool in one way or another the tool is not officially approved by the GPRO crew and therefore you use it at your own risk!

It is just my obligation to warn you :)
Erik Mol
(Grupo Rookie - 27)

País:
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #7 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 19:43:48 Citar 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ May 3rd 2007,19:42:51 )

Just one small but important note. Since the tool asks for your GPRO login and password at some point, until we can verify the source code of the tool in one way or another the tool is not officially approved by the GPRO crew and therefore you use it your own risk!

ya i was just thinking about that hehe ... good disclaimer
Petras Ražanskas
(Grupo Master - 3)

País:
Lituânia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #8 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 19:52:04 Citar 

Actually, it was Niels obligation to include that somewhere in his program in the first place ;-)
Erik Mol
(Grupo Rookie - 27)

País:
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #9 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 19:55:38 Citar 
Quote ( Petras Ražanskas @ May 3rd 2007,19:52:04 )

Actually, it was Niels obligation to include that somewhere in his program in the first place ;-)

its on the site in the FAQ (his site not GPRO)
Alexandru Cristescu
(Grupo Amateur - 1)

País:
Roménia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #10 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 20:01:22 Citar 

Just one small but important note. Since the tool asks for your GPRO login and password at some point, until we can verify the source code of the tool in one way or another the tool is not officially approved by the GPRO crew and therefore you use it at your own risk!

Might be a good idea to create a "read-only" password system like hattrick does to prevent any... "accidents"...
Henri Erilaid
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #11 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 20:05:20 Citar 
You know, today I was just wondering if there's anytime going to be made somekind of gpro tool, as in the other games they have... And well my question is answered :P
Niels Kjær
(Grupo Amateur - 1)

País:
Dinamarca 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (3)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #12 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 20:08:25 Citar 

Good point, Vlad, I should have included that it my original post.

To download data from GPRO, GO needs your login credentials. If you wish to let GO remember them, so you do not have to write them in the box every time, you can configure GO to do so.
The password will be saved in the registry in encrypted format, so it should be safe (unless your friends know a lot of cryptography and have too much sparetime on their hands).

It is my personal belief, that people worrying about giving 2away their username and password combo to me are worrying about the wrong thing. The minute somebody installs GO, ot any other application, they are using administrator privileges to do so, and with these, it is possible to do anything. I would be more worried about the program containing a virus, trojan, or keylogger.

However, that is illegal (I think, not sure, but I sure hope it is), and 'stealing' passwords would be cheating and immoral.
I don't cheat to win, it would spoil the entire idea of playing.
Niels Kjær
(Grupo Amateur - 1)

País:
Dinamarca 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (2)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #13 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 20:11:38 Citar 
Quote ( Erik Mol @ May 3rd 2007,19:40:03 )

holy cow this is sweet ... my spreadsheets are not as easy to understand as this ... however dont you think giving this to EVERYONE might be a problem???

I hope I am levelling the playing field a little. I want to win because I am the best GPRO manager, not because I am the best bookkeeper.

Off course, I will likely never aspire to Elite, since my time simply does not always allow me to take the time to make the right decisions, but it is always nice to have plans and dream :-)
Erik Mol
(Grupo Rookie - 27)

País:
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #14 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 20:35:32 Citar 
hey i am very happy with this program and it makes things easier on my end with class and work ... right now im doing a paper (sorta haha) so this helps me out 10 fold ... i just didnt know if it was against the rules to share this kinda thing with everyone if you understand what i mean ... great work thou i give you alot of props
Henri Erilaid
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #15 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 20:36:41 Citar 
Weird, I also can't install the game, altough i have version 2.0 of .NET framework, it still gives me that error message..
Wim Cools
(Grupo Master - 3)

País:
Bélgica 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #16 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 20:52:06 Citar 
Quote ( Henri Erilaid @ May 3rd 2007,20:36:41 )

Weird, I also can't install the game, altough i have version 2.0 of .NET framework, it still gives me that error message..

If you install framework 1.1 and 3.0 together with 2.0 it should work
Niels Kjær
(Grupo Amateur - 1)

País:
Dinamarca 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #17 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 20:57:22 Citar 

GO needs 1.1, which is different from 2.0. If you do not have 1.1 installed, you need to install it before you can use GO.
Personally I blame MS for not making .net 2.0 backwards compatible.
Junior Almeida
(Grupo Rookie - 2)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #18 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 20:58:47 Citar 

me too.. i just downloaded it, installed... and not working till now..

any ideia Niels?
Lee Stoneman
(Grupo Amateur - 1)

País:
Reino Unido 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #19 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 21:12:02 Citar 
Looks like a very awesome tool, but i think part of the success of doing well in GPRO is your ability to gather and work with the data yourself.
So what you are saying is true about levelling the playing field, i think it really will but maybe too much :/ I've invested a huge(100 hours or more alone) amount of time purely going through and analysis data outside of stuff in GPRO and this sorta wipes it out ;p Such is life!
Niels Kjær
(Grupo Amateur - 1)

País:
Dinamarca 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #20 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 21:22:35 Citar 
Quote ( Lee Stoneman @ May 3rd 2007,21:12:02 )

So what you are saying is true about levelling the playing field, i think it really will but maybe too much :/ I've invested a huge(100 hours or more alone) amount of time purely going through and analysis data outside of stuff in GPRO and this sorta wipes it out ;p Such is life!

You are absolutely right in the sense that I have removed some of the bookkeping aspects of the game. This may come as unpleasant news to guys who have used a lot of time to envision their own system of keeping track of stuff, and if you see the ability to gather and store data as an integral part of the game, then I am indeed destroying it.

I hope that in the long run success in GPRO will be decided by people who are able to make a valid long term strategy and to make it work, and since I do not see data collection as a stratgey, I do not mind having it removed out of the equation.

GO does not tell you what strategy to use. It does not tell you that you should seriously consider not upgrading your entire car after every race, or increasing your risk settings, because they are too low, you will still have to figure that out by yourself.

The strategy and decisions are still up to the managers, just as it should be.
Junior Almeida
(Grupo Rookie - 2)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #21 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 21:23:56 Citar 
i will download 1.1 so.. lets see..

Lee Stoneman
(Grupo Amateur - 1)

País:
Reino Unido 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #22 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 22:02:28 Citar 
Yeah, one area i certainly see it helping is easing new players into the game so that is a plus point, and new players getting into the game is normally good cash-flow for the owners :)
A few friends of mine in a Fantasy F1 league i run like the idea of GPRO, but were put off by the amount of time they knew i had invested heh, so maybe with this tool they'll be more inclined to give it a go.
If i were new to the game this would certainly be something i would use :) A lot of people just joined teams and got all the data and strats/setups given to them whereas i've done everything on my own. And I was hoping that this would serve me higher up in the groups by having a better understanding of the game than those who had just leeched off of others work, and maybe it still will who knows.
And beyond the data there isn't that much to this game, you pick your fuel strat and up/downgrade where needed and the rest tends to itself, so that would be my only concern in that it removes a huge part of the game. But i certainly applaud your efforts as it looks like a superb tool.
Junior Almeida
(Grupo Rookie - 2)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #23 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 22:07:38 Citar 
it worked... and it seens very nice..

thank you very very much!

just a question... when the season is over.. can a see the past one?

can brownse and compare 2 different datas from differente seasons?

thank u again!

Niels Kjær
(Grupo Amateur - 1)

País:
Dinamarca 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #24 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 22:22:48 Citar 
Quote ( Junior Almeida @ May 3rd 2007,22:07:38 )

just a question... when the season is over.. can a see the past one?

Certainly, otherwise it would not be of much use.
Niels Kjær
(Grupo Amateur - 1)

País:
Dinamarca 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #25 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 22:26:59 Citar 
Quote ( Lee Stoneman @ May 3rd 2007,22:02:28 )

A lot of people just joined teams and got all the data and strats/setups given to them whereas i've done everything on my own. And I was hoping that this would serve me higher up in the groups by having a better understanding of the game than those who had just leeched off of others work, and maybe it still will who knows.

I think your understanding will still serve your well. Having worked hard for your understanding, you have also committed yourself more to playing this game and will face money problems/relegation other negative stuff with more determintaion than people who have been told what to do in order to achieve success throughout the game. The latter kind will have a tendency to quit when they encounter hard challenges.

Quote ( Lee Stoneman @ May 3rd 2007,22:02:28 )

And beyond the data there isn't that much to this game, you pick your fuel strat and up/downgrade where needed and the rest tends to itself, so that would be my only concern in that it removes a huge part of the game.

I am certain there is more to this game than merely that. Otherwise people would stop playing after a couple of seasons, I know I would.
Henri Erilaid
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #26 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 22:31:07 Citar 
Okay, i got it up and running, but I got an error when I tried to access historical fuel cons...
An unhandled exception has occourred in your application...
Stuart Paterson
(Grupo Rookie - 6)

País:
Reino Unido 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #27 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 22:42:11 Citar 
Thanks Niels

Genius
Junior Almeida
(Grupo Rookie - 2)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #28 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 22:51:42 Citar 
Niels let me say..

I did some races and then i saved... save as: go.dat

if i want to restore that after a format in my pc..

how i do as we dont have any load?
Niels Kjær
(Grupo Amateur - 1)

País:
Dinamarca 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #29 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 22:53:47 Citar 
Okay, i got it up and running, but I got an error when I tried to access historical fuel cons...
An unhandled exception has occourred in your application...

Yes, it is possible to crash GO, if you try to see your historical fuel consumption, without having one.
This is the case for a lot of the windows.
The fiscal windows will definately crash GO, unless your are in a rookie group, in which case it might still crash on you.

Hmm better fix this, so I have released 1.2.2 which adresses these issues.
Niels Kjær
(Grupo Amateur - 1)

País:
Dinamarca 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #30 colocada 3 Mai 2007, 22:57:56 Citar 
Quote ( Junior Almeida @ May 3rd 2007,22:51:42 )

Niels let me say..

I did some races and then i saved... save as: go.dat

if i want to restore that after a format in my pc..

The 'Save as...' functionality is to allow users to save the dat file in a place that they can easily find, as the default place is well hidden within windows.

The default folder for the dat fil is 'Documents and Settings'/<Your username>/'Application data'/'Go'/
You should place it there if you want to restore after a format.
Página [12 3 ... 279 280 281 » Ir rapidamente para a página:
Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > General forum > GPRO Organiser - A Tool for GPRO Ignorar este tópico Adicionar este tópico à lista de tópicos vigiados

Responder a este tópico