Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Newbie forum > Question About Rookie Reset Ignorar este tópico Adicionar este tópico à lista de tópicos vigiados
Página [1
Autor Tópico: Question About Rookie Reset 23 respostas
Sy Razi
(Grupo Rookie - 5)

País:
Irão 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #1 colocada 18 Jan 2022, 07:08:38 Citar 
I understand that if your driver's overall rating is below 85 you get to keep him. but if you're not eligible to keep your driver, Are you assigned a random driver at the beginning of the new season (the way it is when you sign up)? or is your driver spot vacant until you sign someone?
Niels Van Heijster
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
Holanda 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #2 colocada 18 Jan 2022, 07:34:47 (Editado em 18 Jan 2022, 07:36:13 por Niels Van Heijster) Citar 
Yup, you are correct. When not promoting to AMA and your driver being over OA85 by the end of R17, you will indeed loose that driver during the end of season reset. It's also true that if you start Rookie "without" a driver, one random guy or girl will be appointed to you.

Here's your options;
- Ensure promotion, but that never was your choice since you only started 4 races ago
- Find a replacement driver before the start of R17, and make sure he/she will not go over OA85 once R17 finishes.

Might be a good time to join up with the Mentor Program > /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=20521#scroll
Bert Huylebroeck1
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Bélgica 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #3 colocada 18 Jan 2022, 09:10:32 Citar 
Quote ( Sy Razi @ January 18th 2022,07:08:38 )

I understand that if your driver's overall rating is below 85 you get to keep him.

Since you are a rookie you may keep him indeed, but for others reading this. That does not apply when you are in a higher level.

From the rules:
"If you are in Amateur, Pro, Master or Elite and want to have your account reset you can use the "Account Reset" option in the "Account settings" page before the end of Race 15 of the ongoing season. You will be moved to one of the Rookie groups and your account will get reset when the new season starts. You will also lose your current driver (if you have one) irrespective of his overall."

But you will 'reset' anyhow at the end of the season. Then why not experiment a bit.
Adrian Zanoli
(Grupo Amateur - 80)

País:
Itália 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #4 colocada 18 Jan 2022, 11:55:32 (Editado em 18 Jan 2022, 11:56:04 por Adrian Zanoli) Citar 
My S78 driver's contract ended after R17, but after the Reset, in S79 R1 I was without a driver.
Matías Alloatti
(Grupo Amateur - 69)

País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (7)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #5 colocada 18 Jan 2022, 12:50:47 Citar 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ January 18th 2022,07:34:47 )

It's also true that if you start Rookie "without" a driver, one random guy or girl will be appointed to you.

I don't think this is correct. If you lose your driver in Rookie because being over 85OA during the season reset, you don't automatically get a new random driver. You have to go to the market to sign a new driver (or you have the option to ask the game to assign you a random bad driver).

It's a good advice to search for a driver before the season reset and below 85OA so you can sign a new driver, keep that driver after the reset and avoid the first market madness of the new season where drivers receive 20 or more offers.
Florencia Caro
(Grupo Amateur - 58)

Equipa GPRO
  País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #6 colocada 18 Jan 2022, 16:02:45 Citar 
I confirm what Matías stated. Only managers that get automatically assigned Rookie drivers are New Registrants and managers re-activating their accounts (that includes soft reset)
Anton Erokhin
(Grupo Rookie - 65)

País:
Federação Russa 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7 colocada 18 Jan 2022, 16:03:14 Citar 
Also, if you sign a new driver this season, you will not pay compensation for breaking your contract next season. Save your money.
Sy Razi
(Grupo Rookie - 5)

País:
Irão 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (2)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #8 colocada 19 Jan 2022, 00:16:53 (Editado em 19 Jan 2022, 00:18:51 por Syavash Razi) Citar 
Quote ( Matías Alloatti @ January 18th 2022,12:50:47 )

Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ January 18th 2022,07:34:47 )

I don't think this is correct. If you lose your driver in Rookie because being over 85OA during the season reset, you don't automatically get a new random driver. You have to go to the market to sign a new driver (or you have the option to ask the game to assign you a random bad driver).

It's a good advice to search for a driver before the season reset and below 85OA so you can sign a new driver, keep that driver after the reset and avoid the first market madness of the new season where drivers receive 20 or more offers.

Pretty much the info I was looking for. Thanks!

Quote ( Anton Erokhin @ January 18th 2022,16:03:14 )

Also, if you sign a new driver this season, you will not pay compensation for breaking your contract next season. Save your money.

Yes, that's why I wondered about the rules. If a driver was assigned, breaking the contract to sign a new one would have cost a fortune early in the season.
Tibra Dy Calva
(Grupo Rookie - 38)

País:
Alemanha 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #9 colocada 5 Fev 2022, 21:59:37 Citar 
Hi,

after my first season i got my first reset and i read before that all managers in rookie start fresh with 30 mil, but i have only 25,6 mil and i really do not understand why. Could somebody pls explain?

Mike Bennett
(Grupo Pro - 12)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #10 colocada 5 Fev 2022, 22:01:56 (Editado em 5 Fev 2022, 22:02:44 por Mike Bennett) Citar 
Quote ( Tibra Dy Calva @ February 5th 2022,21:59:37 )

Hi,

after my first season i got my first reset and i read before that all managers in rookie start fresh with 30 mil, but i have only 25,6 mil and i really do not understand why. Could somebody pls explain?

/gb/GPRORules.asp#72-other-matters

Any manager who starts a season in Rookie will do so with a financial penalty worth $200,000 for every point they scored above 50 points in the previous season. This penalty does not apply to managers who finished the previous season in Rookie with a positive balance.

/gb/History.asp?table=Standings&group=Rookie+-+38&se...
Sébastien Boulanger
(Grupo Pro - 7)

País:
França 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #11 colocada 5 Fev 2022, 22:02:19 (Editado em 5 Fev 2022, 22:03:08 por Sébastien Boulanger) Citar 
@Tibra Dy Calva (R38) Because you are taxed for every points above 50 in rookie reset

Mike was fastest 👌🏽
Sonny Long
(Grupo Rookie - 91)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #12 colocada 5 Fev 2022, 22:02:47 (Editado em 5 Fev 2022, 22:03:46 por Sonny Long) Citar 
Quote ( Tibra Dy Calva @ February 5th 2022,21:59:37 )

Hi,

have you spent any of you're GPRO cash, Tibra?

Edit: Mike & Seb got there before me.
Tibra Dy Calva
(Grupo Rookie - 38)

País:
Alemanha 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #13 colocada 5 Fev 2022, 22:11:04 Citar 
No i spend nothing
Sonny Long
(Grupo Rookie - 91)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #14 colocada 5 Fev 2022, 22:12:07 Citar 
Quote ( Tibra Dy Calva @ February 5th 2022,22:11:04 )

No i spend nothing
It's like how Mike & Seb explained it then ;)
Tibra Dy Calva
(Grupo Rookie - 38)

País:
Alemanha 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (1)
Mensagem antiga #15 colocada 5 Fev 2022, 22:13:46 Citar 
Ah ok now i understand. I didn´t know that. Good to know to be punished for making to many points. :)
Tibra Dy Calva
(Grupo Rookie - 38)

País:
Alemanha 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #16 colocada 5 Fev 2022, 22:15:26 Citar 
and thx to all for this awesome quick response. :) much appreciaqted.
Ilia Lilov
(Grupo Pro - 2)

País:
Bulgária 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (4)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #17 colocada 5 Fev 2022, 22:51:16 Citar 
Both previous replies regarding the points tax for rookie forgot to mention that that only applies if you finished with negative balance and if you are starting the season in Rookie. It is to discourage people intentionally staying in rookie by going negative after crushing the season and scoring enough points to promote.
Daryl Gee
(Grupo Pro - 1)

País:
África do Sul 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (3)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #18 colocada 5 Fev 2022, 22:58:27 (Editado em 5 Fev 2022, 23:00:22 por Daryl Gee) Citar 
It's actually a rule that could use a tweak, in that it shouldn't apply to managers in their first season or two.

The guy's not even raced a full season, it's totally fine for him to avoid a promotion if he wants to even if he's got buckets of points from his first 14 races.
Tibra Dy Calva
(Grupo Rookie - 38)

País:
Alemanha 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #19 colocada 5 Fev 2022, 23:27:35 Citar 
Yeah, i did it intentionally. Joined last season in race 4 and had a very bad start due to the fact that it was a rain race and i did not know that the conditions of Q2 apply to the first laps in the race too so i started on rain tyres instead on dry and my whole pit strat became a mess. but after that i hired another driver and i did a soft reset before the race too and did not realise that i will loose money too. so i was very low on money the whole season but hired a new driver and planned carefully. I did not really expect to make it to the top 4 but when i got close i got a bit carried away and calculated carefully only to realise before the last 2 races that i would promote with maybe only 3 - 5 mil to amateur. so i decided to avoid that and simply buy a few more expensive car parts to make sure that i can race a full season and make more money to finally advance if possible. but its ok, i have to deal with it now. learning by doing as they say. :)

Marcus Jones
(Grupo Amateur - 36)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #20 colocada 14 Jul 2022, 20:40:56 Citar 
If you dont promote in rookie do you keep your driver if you've already extended his contract or do you have to start with a new driver each new rookie season?
Peter Willmore
(Grupo Pro - 6)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #21 colocada 14 Jul 2022, 20:47:29 Citar 
Quote ( Marcus Jones @ July 14th 2022,20:40:56 )

ch new rookie season?

as long as the OA is under 85 you can keep the driver :)

Erik Harken
(Grupo Pro - 21)

País:
Estados Unidos da América 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #22 colocada 14 Jul 2022, 20:47:38 (Editado em 14 Jul 2022, 20:50:52 por Erik Harken) Citar 
Quote ( Marcus Jones @ July 14th 2022,20:40:56 )

If you dont promote in rookie do you keep your driver if you've already extended his contract or do you have to start with a new driver each new rookie season?

You lose him if he's over the OA limit (85 in your case) even if you've extended his contract. Note that's only the case for Rookie! The reason being the 'Rookie Reset' is unique to the rookie class and will reset things like your car level, finances, and driver in some situations.

Depending on the driver's motivation there is an easy way to keep them by getting the motivation back down to 0 and possibly bring the OA back below 85
Roy Mitchell
(Grupo Pro - 8)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #23 colocada 14 Jul 2022, 20:49:24 (Editado em 14 Jul 2022, 20:50:33 por Roy Mitchell) Citar 
As long as the driver OverAll OA does not exceed the Rookie level max 85 OA you get to keep him. If he is over 85 after season reset and your still in Rookie you will lose him.

edit and what he said :)
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 28)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #24 colocada 14 Jul 2022, 20:49:25 (Editado em 14 Jul 2022, 20:49:44 por Ricardo Antunes) Citar 
In Rookie, you lose your driver at the end of the season unless you promote to Amateur, where you will keep your driver until the contract runs out.

The only way to keep your driver in Rookie from season to season is for him/her to be below 85 OA by season reset.

If you relegate to Rookie, you'll also lose your driver instantly unless they are below 85 OA. This rule also applies for all other groups (with their respective OA limits).

EDIT: got mega ninjad.
Página [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Newbie forum > Question About Rookie Reset Ignorar este tópico Adicionar este tópico à lista de tópicos vigiados

Responder a este tópico