Página [1
Autor Tópico: I am confused 16 respostas
Urho Kekkonen
(Grupo Rookie - 125)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #1 colocada 1 Mar 2024, 22:40:45 (Editado em 1 Mar 2024, 22:45:14 por Urho Kekkonen) Citar 
EDIT: ok thank you for the answer guys, so the rules were wrong, I got promoted. ok over and out.

Game rules say:
"The top 3 managers in each group (excluding Elite) will be promoted to a randomly assigned group"
/gb/GPRORules.asp#7-end-of-season

But we all know top 4 will be promoted. What am I missing here. Am I stupid or something. Also, I was 5th now at season end. Guy who finished 2nd is 17 million negative balance. Will I be promoted or not. I'm confused.
David Andrewartha
(Grupo Amateur - 31)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #2 colocada 1 Mar 2024, 22:42:28 (Editado em 1 Mar 2024, 22:43:34 por David Andrewartha) Citar 
check the promotions page to find out.
Edit: just checked, you're promoted mate.
Keri Lovell
(Grupo Rookie - 133)

País:
País de Gales 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #3 colocada 1 Mar 2024, 22:43:33 Citar 
Yup, looks like that needs updating in the rules. 4 from rookie.

And yes, looking at his finances, you will be promoted to Amateur instead of him.
Kristaps Zariņš
(Grupo Rookie - 58)

País:
Holanda 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #4 colocada 1 Mar 2024, 22:43:39 Citar 
Check “all promotions” and you will see yourself on that list . Promo earned
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupo Pro - 5)

País:
Hungria 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #5 colocada 1 Mar 2024, 22:44:04 (Editado em 1 Mar 2024, 22:45:48 por Tibor Szuromi) Citar 
Quote ( Kristaps Zariņš @ March 1st 2024,22:43:39 )

Check “all promotions” and you will see yourself on that list . Promo earned

/gb/AllPromotions.asp?Class=Rookie
Keri Lovell
(Grupo Rookie - 133)

País:
País de Gales 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #6 colocada 1 Mar 2024, 22:44:40 Citar 
Quote ( Keri Lovell @ March 1st 2024,22:43:33 )

Yup, looks like that needs updating in the rules. 4 from rookie.

And yes, looking at his finances, you will be promoted to Amateur instead of him.

/gb/AllPromotions.asp

Yeah, you got promoted
Gareth Griffiths
(Grupo Amateur - 31)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7 colocada 1 Mar 2024, 22:45:33 Citar 
Rookie an dAmateur, definitely top 4 promote, as long as you have a positive bank balance.

Looks like you will promote as Keri says
Matthew Knowles
(Grupo Amateur - 42)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (2)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #8 colocada 1 Mar 2024, 22:49:25 (Editado em 1 Mar 2024, 22:49:57 por Matthew Knowles) Citar 
Urho Kekkonen

Find yourself a team that can help you with your amatuer experince :)
I got promoted without one at the begining of my playing years and it was awful

But with doing the right things and getting the right driver and guidance from a team can help lots..

Good luck
Niels Van Heijster
(Grupo Amateur - 42)

País:
Holanda 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #9 colocada 1 Mar 2024, 22:55:06 Citar 
The number of people promoting, differ per tier. For that reason I normally refer to the Green Zone for promotions, and the Red Zone for those relegating ...
- ELITE only has 1 Champ every season, but there's nothing to promote to ...
- People in negative, will relegate(!) except obviously when in ROOKIE
- People finishing below people in negative, wil move up the according number of spots > If this gets you in the Green Zone (like yourself), you'll promote.
- Additionally, given the right circumstances, extra promotion spots can be available. For that always keep an eye on this page > /gb/AllPromotions.asp .

Jonathan Beagles
(Grupo Amateur - 33)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #10 colocada 2 Mar 2024, 00:58:34 Citar 

Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ March 1st 2024,22:55:06 )

there's nothing to promote to ...

Bot status? :P
Richard Robin Paukson
(Grupo Pro - 12)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #11 colocada 2 Mar 2024, 17:05:50 Citar 
Urho does have a point though. The amount of promotion spots doesn't change so often that the rules shouldn't be updated.
Urho Kekkonen
(Grupo Amateur - 56)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (4)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #12 colocada 4 Mar 2024, 22:22:50 (Editado em 4 Mar 2024, 22:24:23 por Urho Kekkonen) Citar 
Quote ( Matthew Knowles @ March 1st 2024,22:49:25 )

Urho Kekkonen

Find yourself a team that can help you with your amatuer experince :)
I got promoted without one at the begining of my playing years and it was awful

But with doing the right things and getting the right driver and guidance from a team can help lots..

Thx. but. I don't believe in so called "META" gaming. I remember we had this game, similar to gpro, it was called [Blacklisted]. (EDIT: I dont know why it says blacklisted, the game was b.a.t.r.a.c.e.r)back in 2005 or something, online game like this one. I had a team mate who absolutely knew everything, every setup, every littl tweak and trick. and he spammed me with messages like do this and do that and we win all the time wooohoo!!!.. I was like, no. Can I just play the game. He was SO FURIOUS when I didnt copy paste crap to my car and setups and strategies. tried to vote me out and ban me.

Same thing with this game right here, gpro. I could be the most brilliant manager in the universe just copy pasteing crap. but that is not playing the game, that is "playing the game". I'm so sad people do this, and they kinda mis the point. this goes to all those RPG games and whatever shit like that. people look the best stuff from internet and just play like some pre programmed bot. for me, that is not having fun.

For me, that is not "winning". Few times I am top player and I know I have only me to thank for it, not some ready stuff force fed to me. And I win people who follow the META like some lemmings. I love the feeling of being free from that crap.

but anyway, not trying to insult, just making my point and talking about my view on life and gaming on general
Florencia Caro
(Grupo Amateur - 58)

Equipa GPRO
  País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (3)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #13 colocada 4 Mar 2024, 22:34:30 (Editado em 4 Mar 2024, 22:35:15 por Florencia Caro) Citar 
There are teams for all tastes and styles, it's a matter of looking for a fit. As everything in life, has pros and cons/might come with some trades. I'd no doubt leave a team that tried to impose me a driver template, or anything, really. This community might be richer and more varied than you think, but you need to get to know some peeps to find out :)
David Andrewartha
(Grupo Amateur - 31)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #14 colocada 4 Mar 2024, 22:40:23 (Editado em 4 Mar 2024, 22:47:40 por David Andrewartha) Citar 
I agree with everything Urho said, it's the reason I got hooked on the game and kept playing back when I joined. It really felt like you'd achieved something when you got a result. I actually miss the days of FOBY.
Edit: And the forums back in the day, kind of like swimming with piranhas when you were a newbie and you dared to post something, but still fun in its own way. You had to earn your spurs back then but there were some real characters on here.
Keri Lovell
(Grupo Amateur - 27)

País:
País de Gales 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (2)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #15 colocada 4 Mar 2024, 22:44:49 (Editado em 4 Mar 2024, 22:45:10 por Keri Lovell) Citar 
Quote ( Urho Kekkonen @ March 4th 2024,22:22:50 )

Thx. but. I don't believe in so called "META" gaming. I remember we had this game, similar to gpro, it was called [Blacklisted]. (EDIT: I dont know why it says blacklisted, the game was b.a.t.r.a.c.e.r)back in 2005 or something, online game like this one. I had a team mate who absolutely knew everything, every setup, every littl tweak and trick. and he spammed me with messages like do this and do that and we win all the time wooohoo!!!.. I was like, no. Can I just play the game. He was SO FURIOUS when I didnt copy paste crap to my car and setups and strategies. tried to vote me out and ban me.

Same thing with this game right here, gpro. I could be the most brilliant manager in the universe just copy pasteing crap. but that is not playing the game, that is "playing the game". I'm so sad people do this, and they kinda mis the point. this goes to all those RPG games and whatever shit like that. people look the best stuff from internet and just play like some pre programmed bot. for me, that is not having fun.

For me, that is not "winning". Few times I am top player and I know I have only me to thank for it, not some ready stuff force fed to me. And I win people who follow the META like some lemmings. I love the feeling of being free from that crap.

but anyway, not trying to insult, just making my point and talking about my view on life and gaming on general

Most teams can't teach you 'everything' and if you're in a team that makes your decisions, you're in the wrong team. I'd find the game absolutely dull without people to chat to (my opinion, not anyone elses) so being in a team with good people makes it so much more enjoyable.

Just find the right one :-)
Urho Kekkonen
(Grupo Amateur - 56)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #16 colocada 4 Mar 2024, 22:48:07 (Editado em 4 Mar 2024, 22:48:58 por Urho Kekkonen) Citar 
Quote ( David Andrewartha @ March 4th 2024,22:40:23 )

I agree with everything Urho said, it's the reason I got hooked on the game and kept playing back when I joined. It really felt like you'd achieved something when you got a result. I actually miss the days of FOBY.

yea. I kinda have this mentality, like the reddit F1 group, the "formula 1.5" thingy.. it's like, yea I know the fastest guys pay massive amounts of money, and copy paste their setups and are like bot army. So, this means that they are exluded from my point system, and I only see the "real" players or something. hard to describe but you guys (some of you) get the idea. I know, I've done massive amount of brainwork to be even 5th in the championship against the "META" players without any "inside" knowledge; then I know I could be the best, so I dont even have to prove it.

call it fantasy world, call it what you want, but the point is to have fun, not trying to prove it others with a blood taste in your mouth
Niels Van Heijster
(Grupo Pro - 18)

País:
Holanda 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #17 colocada 5 Mar 2024, 01:23:15 Citar 
For one, this is just that one game in which copy/pasting setups and what-not simply will not do! There are no two packages (car details, driver details, S&F details, groups, etc.) exactly the same!

Bottom-line is the question why you are in the game? What are you after? Fact is that teams can help to get to helpful information and deeper understanding much faster than when flying solo! However, is flying solo a problem at all, or is it merely a choice?

Then again, there are benefits to joining a team that suits "your style". When opting to join a team (any team), I would expect some level of more or less constant interaction one way or another. After all, what would be the point to join a team, when there's no interaction at all, right? "Having fun" is all about the "vibe" you experience in any team, the type of people, the type of humor, the seriousness, or maybe rather the lack there-of ...

So, if at all someone would like join a team, just be selective in the teams you would possibly join up with. Interact before joining, test the vibes and then decide to join, to move on or ... just fly solo for the time being!

One thing goes for all of us though, "winning" feels better ;)

Página [1

Responder a este tópico