Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Driver's weight and fuel consumption Adăugați acest subiect în lista de ignorare Adăugați acest subiect la pagini urmărite
Pagina « 1 [2 Du-te rapid la pagina:
Autor Subiect: Driver's weight and fuel consumption 46 replici
Stuart Foster
(Grupa Rookie - 1)

Posturi: 12459
  Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (0)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #31 postat Mar 26 2012, 12:51:21 Citează 
there's some real pie munchers in rookie. the guy i've got is an athlete compared to the others i was looking at.
Santtu Sara
(Grupa Rookie - 257)

Posturi: 8347
  Ţară:
Finlanda 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #32 postat Mar 26 2012, 13:19:22 Citează 
/gb/DriverProfile.asp?ID=7645

He's almost as Slim as I am!
Pauli Käkelä
(Grupa Amateur - 10)

Posturi: 2604
  Ţară:
Finlanda 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #33 postat Mar 26 2012, 13:34:14 Citează 
How does he dare to have Slim as his name?
Roy Mitchell
(Grupa Amateur - 39)

Posturi: 5905
  Ţară:
Canada 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #34 postat Mar 26 2012, 16:13:04 Citează 
Driver weight is much more relevant to another driver attribute.

The weight of the driver and fuel may not be where you should be looking at this time.. :))
Ivan Muza
(Grupa Rookie - 26)

Posturi: 130
  Ţară:
Croația 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #35 postat Mar 26 2012, 16:15:00 Citează 
nice job with your picture and avatar Roy
Dylan van den Berg
(Grupa Pro - 8)

Posturi: 3575
  Ţară:
Olanda 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (1)   Nu-mi place acest post (1)
Postare veche #36 postat Mar 26 2012, 16:18:01 Citează 
note that in rain heavier cars have more grip :)
Jon Day
(Grupa Amateur - 6)

Posturi: 10019
  Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (1)   Nu-mi place acest post (1)
Postare veche #37 postat Mar 26 2012, 16:25:32 (editat ultima dată Mar 26 2012, 16:28:37 de Jon Day) Citează 
Quote ( Nigel Hawken @ February 9th 2011,21:40:15 )

Fuel consumption does vary between drivers, I think it is logical that driver weight is one of the factors that would affect this
Oh man this is obviously where ive been going wrong all these season. :( :P
Quote ( Jeff-rey Lorenzo @ March 15th 2012,17:00:16 )

the risk strategy...
This totaly true...unless of course it not!
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ March 26th 2012,16:13:04 )

Driver weight is much more relevant to another driver attribute.
Like whether or not he decides to stay in an "all you can eat" hotel instead of just B&B?
Jerzy Noworyta
(Grupa Rookie - 400)

Posturi: 337
  Ţară:
Polonia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #38 postat Mai 15 2013, 00:53:24 Citează 
I know much too little about F-1 to claim I am right, but doesn't driver's weight in real life F-1 affect Handling, rather than fuel consumption? I can't give the link, but I've read somewhere about drivers dropping weight before season, in order to allow more balance to the car (as not to exceed the combined weight limit). Would it be a violation of FOBY rules, if I asked if it's worthy investigating by myself, I guess by dropping a current driver and replacing with another, much heavier/lighter, if it might, to a degree, also be true in GPRO?

And another, related question (I've decided to ask, although I'm not sure if it's not a FOBY, and I am aware, that if I suspect it might be a FOBY, it probably is) - is "fuel consumption" info in the description of the particular race venue something, that experienced GPRO players can take advantage of?
In my 5 races so far I've already learned it definitely can't be taken at the face value (in fact, after my first 3 races I was under impression that someone didn't do a very good job translating "high" and "low" to my native language) . I've also found my own way to judge how much fuel use to expect (even managed to complete 2 races in a row with less than 10% of fuel left). And I would be disappointed, if the advanced F-1 game, which I suppose GPRO is, offered a shortcut to fuel consumption estimation unaffected by certain other features (to be Found Out By Myself).
But I just wonder, if it's possible to make any use of the above mentioned info, prior to having collected enough data from one's own races on each GP track, that the brief "fuel consumption low"/"fuel consumption medium" would be really of no practical importance.

Thank you in advance for any reply, even as short as "Q1=FOBY Q2=FOBY"
Jim Sikma
(Grupa Amateur - 17)

Posturi: 607
  Ţară:
S.U.A. 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (1)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #39 postat Mai 15 2013, 01:32:13 Citează 
The best FOBY-free advice I would give is:

Keep track of everything.
Join the mentor program. They can steer you in the right direction.
Almost nothing in this game is as simple as it seems.
Jerzy Noworyta
(Grupa Rookie - 400)

Ţară:
Polonia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #40 postat Mai 15 2013, 01:40:15 Citează 
Probably indeed what I should do, join the mentor program. Especially because after 5 races completed already I don't have much time left :) Thanks for the advice.
Roland Postle10
(Grupa Amateur - 46)

Posturi: 1855
  Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (4)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #41 postat Mai 15 2013, 01:42:20 (editat ultima dată Mai 15 2013, 01:43:06 de Roland Postle) Citează 
I heard once that in F1 the driver weight won't generally reduce the car weight because the teams always have weight way under the rule limit anyway and make it up with ballast, but a lighter driver still gives more flexibility for placing more ballast around the car to affect the balance. For sure centre of gravity is critical, and I believe a lot of Red Bull's historic KERS problems arise from trying to pack the batteries too cleverly, and affect weight distribution (it's interesting that Webber as a taller/heavier driver seems to suffer KERS problems more, but that might be coincidental). When KERS was first introduced the extra weight did push some cars over the lower weight limit

The answers to your questions are, yes they both matter in GPRO. Apparently everything matters, the trick is to figure out how :)
Cliff Rajgopaul
(Grupa Pro - 21)

Posturi: 618
  Ţară:
Africa de Sud 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #42 postat Mai 15 2013, 08:07:20 (editat ultima dată Mai 15 2013, 08:09:22 de Cliff Rajgopaul) Citează 
Quote ( Jacek Panek @ February 9th 2011,21:11:41 )

At the beginning - as a rookie in the game - let me greet all the managers.

As for my question, it is the following: whether - and to what extent - the weight of the driver affects the fuel consumption? Thank you for answers and understanding.

There are other more significant questions to ask instead of this one, if you catch my drift ;)

Start with: How does any weight affect lap time? Then TEST the effect...
Graham Mercer
(Grupa Pro - 8)

Posturi: 2008
  Ţară:
Australia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #43 postat Mai 15 2013, 08:51:08 Citează 
Cliff you are answering a question that was asked 28 months ago ;)
Cliff Rajgopaul
(Grupa Pro - 21)

Posturi: 618
  Ţară:
Africa de Sud 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #44 postat Mai 15 2013, 10:17:25 Citează 
Quote ( Jerzy Noworyta @ May 15th 2013,00:53:24 )

But I just wonder, if it's possible to make any use of the above mentioned info, prior to having collected enough data

Lol,better late than never Graham :P

I indirectly answered the above by using the initial one as reference.
Kevin Faber
(Grupa Rookie - 249)

Posturi: 353
  Ţară:
Canada 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #45 postat Mai 15 2013, 11:04:22 Citează 
Quote ( Theo Poufinas @ February 9th 2011,21:20:18 )

why?:)

FOBY. ;p

Seriously, driver weight matters in other ways...
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Amateur - 72)

Echipa GPRO
Posturi: 14356
  Ţară:
Scoţia 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (2)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #46 postat Mai 15 2013, 11:31:10 Citează 

I know much too little about F-1 to claim I am right, but doesn't driver's weight in real life F-1 affect Handling, rather than fuel consumption? I can't give the link, but I've read somewhere about drivers dropping weight before season, in order to allow more balance to the car (as not to exceed the combined weight limit). Would it be a violation of FOBY rules, if I asked if it's worthy investigating by myself, I guess by dropping a current driver and replacing with another, much heavier/lighter, if it might, to a degree, also be true in GPRO?

It should be pretty easy through testing to work out if your assumption about driver weight affecting fuel consumption is true or not, you don't even need to change driver. Changing driver may bring other attribute changes so you couldn't be certain what the cause of any change is. Best go change as little as possible.

And another, related question (I've decided to ask, although I'm not sure if it's not a FOBY, and I am aware, that if I suspect it might be a FOBY, it probably is) - is "fuel consumption" info in the description of the particular race venue something, that experienced GPRO players can take advantage of?

It's something any player can take advantage of, and more expereinced players probably won't use any more.

Each fuel consumption carries a range, so if two tracks are high fuel consumption, they won't necessarily have the same fuel consumption, but they will be in that "high bracket". What they brackets are and if they overlap with each other is for you to find out. As you get more data, you will be able to more accurately predict fuel for each track.

Remember to take track length in to account though. The fuel consumption indicator refers to rate of fuel consumption, and not total fuel, so it would be possible, to take an extreme example, for a high fuel consumption track to use less than a low fuel consumption track overall if the high track is only 100km and the low one is 500km long.

There are other factors that you need to take in to account to predict fuel consumption accurately, but learning that is part of the game.

Also, you will lose significantly less fuel on a wet track than on a dry track.
Jerzy Noworyta
(Grupa Rookie - 400)

Ţară:
Polonia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #47 postat Mai 15 2013, 11:58:00 Citează 
Thank you Everyone who took time, to return to this old topic in response to my rookie questions. Your help is much appreciated. I've learned from your answers more, than I had hoped for.
Peter (Jerzy Noworyta, R400)
Pagina « 1 [2 Du-te rapid la pagina:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Driver's weight and fuel consumption Adăugați acest subiect în lista de ignorare Adăugați acest subiect la pagini urmărite

Răspunde la acest subiect