Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > General forum > Random is getting beyond a joke. Додај ову тему на листу игнорисаних Додај ову тему на листу праћених
Страна « 1 2 3 ... 199 [200201 ... 207 208 209 » Иди на страну:
Аутор Тема: Random is getting beyond a joke. 6268 одговора
Joachim Rang2
(Група Master - 5)

Поруке: 316
  Држава:
Немачка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #5971 послано Нов 29 2019, 22:39:40 Цитирај 
I think your sponsor is still on, is he?
Jay De Snoo
(Група Amateur - 2)

Поруке: 928
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #5972 послано Нов 29 2019, 23:54:50 Цитирај 
I still remember my very 1st race where I got a puncture midway and was thinking 'wow, they even simulate unexpected technical problems!'

I still think it is a great game, but randoms shouldn't be part of it. Period

The game requires a shitload of planning and preparation ito succeed (and that's after the FOBY part.. or at least for some). These plans can easily be made 1.5-2 REAL years in advance.
Then you do everything according to plan hence 'right' all that time, only to see it ruined by 1 or if really unlucky multiple randoms at the one season it really mattered.

I still wonder why I kept playing... Probably cause I had and have a responsibility towards my team.

PS Oh and please George who never did a calculation himself S., please nominate me for worst forum user again because of this.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Група Elite)

Поруке: 3021
  Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #5973 послано Нов 29 2019, 23:59:32 Цитирај 
Will be hard to nominate you in a category that doesn't even exist. :o)
Miel Soeterbroek
(Група Master - 3)

Поруке: 3107
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #5974 послано Нов 30 2019, 00:01:18 Цитирај 
Planning.
Should.
Include.
Randoms.

And regardless of who initiated the breakup; that last bit is not very classy.
Jay De Snoo
(Група Amateur - 2)

Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5975 послано Нов 30 2019, 00:23:43 Цитирај 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ November 29th 2019,23:59:32 )

Will be hard to nominate you in a category that doesn't even exist. :o)

True, not anymore. But when it did it took him very little to swap unfortunate facts (or randoms) to that.

Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ November 30th 2019,00:01:18 )

And regardless of who initiated the breakup; that last bit is not very classy.

Also true, but I wasn't the one who started it. Other than that it is just a fact and what goes around, comes around ;)
Jasper Coosemans1
(Група Elite)

Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #5976 послано Нов 30 2019, 00:34:34 Цитирај 
Quote ( Jay De Snoo @ November 30th 2019,00:23:43 )

True, not anymore. But when it did it took him very little to swap unfortunate facts (or randoms) to that.

It doesn't exist anymore since Season 65. You were nominated in the Biggest Moaner category, and seems it was not wrong to do so. You could also just have a laugh and not care about it, instead of bitching about it 3 months after the event. :)
Jay De Snoo
(Група Amateur - 2)

Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5977 послано Нов 30 2019, 01:25:18 (последња промена Нов 30 2019, 02:08:19 од Florencia Caro) Цитирај 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ November 30th 2019,00:34:34 )

You could also just have a laugh and not care about it, instead of bitching about it 3 months after the event. :)

Knowing whom it came from I didn't care at all and we ALL had good fun about it. So then; what's wrong with returning such a favour ;)

EDIT: Still doesn't make me like randoms, like I used to at the start :P

Mod Edit: deleted out edition after "back on topic request" for being off topic
Florencia Caro
(Група Master - 4)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 17148
  Држава:
Аргентина 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5978 послано Нов 30 2019, 01:36:43 Цитирај 
Back on topic, ladies
Twig Fahaji
(Група Master - 3)

Поруке: 445
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (5)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #5979 послано Нов 30 2019, 10:44:48 Цитирај 
Isn’t the point of having randoms so that no-one can ever full-proof plan their season? You can’t guarantee that in race X you will end up with x result. Maybe plan with 95% confidence, but not 100%. It seems to me that’s much more of the point than just to mess with people for no reason.

Doesn’t stop me hating it though! I wonder if it would be better to know that you are guaranteed to get 1 random per season, but don’t know when it occurs. Perhaps the downside is it seems fake, and would benefit people who have randoms early, but at least there wouldn’t be the sense that you are getting more bad luck than others in the group. Or maybe there should be some sort of “extra mechanic workshop” that you can do once a season that basically prevents a random in one race per season. At least that would ensure the slice of bad luck doesn’t come at the most inopportune time.
Iain Bartholomew
(Група Pro - 4)

Поруке: 2118
  Држава:
Шкотска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5980 послано Нов 30 2019, 16:31:11 Цитирај 
Randoms are certainly a fun suck.
Shane Goeb
(Група Amateur - 6)

Поруке: 250
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5981 послано Дец 3 2019, 23:30:25 (последња промена Дец 3 2019, 23:31:03 од Shane Goeb) Цитирај 
I'll admit, I've avoided my fair share of randoms, I've been fairly lucky so I really don't have any room to complain, but because it happened to me today; here goes.

If my car has a tire puncture, can't we just tow it back to the pits and put on another tire? It sucks, I landed in 37th place because of a hole in my wheel.

No love lost for the game, I hate randoms.
Josh Clark
(Група Pro - 23)

Поруке: 6667
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #5982 послано Дец 3 2019, 23:32:24 Цитирај 
Yeah it does suck.

There are instances where you can make it back to the pit lane to get repairs done, but also more unlucky instances where that is not the case.
Bert Huylebroeck1
(Група Master - 5)

Поруке: 712
  Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5983 послано Дец 10 2019, 21:04:32 Цитирај 
I'm already here again. Well look, look
I started this race with highest wear on a part at 61%. It was projected to end the race at 88%. And again I have something that happened. This time a DNF. I complained once because it was possible that I would lose a sponsor for 30M for this. Lucky I didn't back then (I'm fighting for it, and finishing this race in top 10 would have given me this sponsor this race) but it seems certain that I will lose it.
I'm going 55CT so nothing spectacular in Master(althoug higher then last time).
This is 3th random (maybe no true random, but one with small chance to have) this season. Yes this is my promo season.
To everybody that says you have to forsee the unexpected. Well I didn't expect this. But tell me 1 person who forsees this.

Joachim Rang2
(Група Master - 5)

Поруке: 316
  Држава:
Немачка 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5984 послано Дец 10 2019, 22:03:47 (последња промена Дец 10 2019, 22:10:09 од Mick Ridley) Цитирај 
I think you got a tyre puncture, Bert. Really unfortunate!

Well this season you really got screwed and I think you were just extremely unlucky.
Bert Huylebroeck1
(Група Master - 5)

Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5985 послано Дец 10 2019, 22:13:45 (последња промена Дец 10 2019, 23:17:37 од Mick Ridley) Цитирај 
Lap 35 Your car had a puncture and could not finish the race

Damn it !

Today Season 73, Race 12 Veccal AG canceled the contract with your team
Today Season 73, Race 12 Automatic Datas notified us that they are unhappy with your driver's performances

I thought randoms were adjusted so that you didn't lose sponsors over them...

Got 39th instead of 4th, didn't complete 90% so only 50%

New sponsor didn't got on the car.
Lost my 3th spot in the standings because of this.

So is there any smartass who thinks he/she can say that this is just part of the game and that you should consider 3 random/semi-randoms in your season plan
Jerome Manzon
(Група Amateur - 22)

Поруке: 216
  Држава:
Филипини 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #5986 послано Дец 10 2019, 22:28:45 (последња промена Дец 10 2019, 22:33:57 од Jerome Manzon) Цитирај 
Quote ( Bert Huylebroeck @ December 10th 2019,21:04:32 )

I'm already here again. Well look, look
I started this race with highest wear on a part at 61%. It was projected to end the race at 88%. And again I have something that happened. This time a DNF. I complained once because it was possible that I would lose a sponsor for 30M for this. Lucky I didn't back then (I'm fighting for it, and finishing this race in top 10 would have given me this sponsor this race) but it seems certain that I will lose it.
I'm going 55CT so nothing spectacular in Master(althoug higher then last time).
This is 3th random (maybe no true random, but one with small chance to have) this season. Yes this is my promo season.
To everybody that says you have to forsee the unexpected. Well I didn't expect this. But tell me 1 person who forsees this.

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

It is really frustrating for people to lose promotion opportunities and sponsors due to "bad random". People say we need to include this factor in planning, but no one can deny how cruel it is to receive so much penalty from something you cannot control.

I think we must add something to the game to balance this. How about we add something like "good randoms"?
Although I don't really know what rewards are suitable for "good randoms", we have to make sure it is not too overpowered.

For example: Getting very small chance to get ±1 driver/td/crew stats after race(the manager can allocate the stats, however this cant change the driver's talent). Or any other suggestions from the community.
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Master - 4)

Поруке: 11911
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5987 послано Дец 10 2019, 22:33:51 Цитирај 
@Bert Huylebroeck (M5) There's nothing you can do. The staff does not see this as a manager game and there is no room for random.

Until the "random" no ceases, there is no sense in strategy and tactics. --- I think so.

The game engine is like that now. That would be a pity to repair.

I hope; the new game engine will be smarter.

Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Поруке: 12503
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #5988 послано Дец 10 2019, 23:12:57 (последња промена Дец 10 2019, 23:16:02 од Mikko Heikkinen) Цитирај 
Quote ( Bert Huylebroeck @ December 10th 2019,22:13:45 )

I thought randoms were adjusted so that you didn't lose sponsors over them...

Do you maybe mean this:

We've done some minor changes to the sponsors system which will result into sponsors being more tolerant when you get technical problems in a race which are outside of your control. When that happens the sponsors won't rush to cancel the ongoing contract, although that will still be a possibility.

so the sponsor are more tolerant but not totally impervious. If they already were unhappy (for what ever reason), they might still leave.

Looking the season, there are 3 races which stand out in your results, Races 6, 9 & 12 which means between them there has been races 7 & 8, 10 & 11 to restore the sponsors confidence.
Could there be an underline reason for the sponsors unhappiness ?
^^just a thought

Anyways, sorry to hear about your troubles... I hope this means several seasons with no (random) issues for you

Graham Mercer
(Група Amateur - 14)

Поруке: 2009
  Држава:
Аустралија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5989 послано Дец 11 2019, 00:59:59 Цитирај 
There is no denying that a random (or several) at a critical time in a promotion season can have an extreme negative impact. Worse still is that the impact can spread across several following races, compounding the effect. ☹️😡
Rogerio Mandler
(Група Elite)

Поруке: 352
  Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (4)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #5990 послано Дец 11 2019, 02:41:25 Цитирај 
Quote ( Bert Huylebroeck @ December 10th 2019,22:13:45 )

So is there any smartass who thinks he/she can say that this is just part of the game and that you should consider 3 random/semi-randoms in your season plan

I plan on counting the possibility of 3 randoms per season. Today I had my 4th random (2 SC and 2 midrace random) in this season. I will start planning by forecasting 5 randoms per season (maybe 7)

But I do not like random. And in my Master 5 promotion (Season 71), I had 0 randoms (my only master season without any random). And Bontjer had at least 2 randoms until R5, and lost the chance to fight for the promotion. Luck is the most important factor of Gpro. Without it, you will not go far.

Stay in the master. Try to promote. Take 2-3 randoms in a promotion season. Change your driver. Wait 2 seasons. Try again. In some season, you may not be random and may have a chance to promote.

I had 4 or 5 elite promotion attempts. In all I had at least 1 random before R5. Except for Season 71, when I got 0 random and the promotion came easily (no chance for Bontjer and his randons).

Amateur, Pro, it's easy to promote by taking 2-3 randoms. In the master the competition is tighter and luck weighs too much. But gpro team believes that random is fun.

Or do you accept it. Or drop the game...
Jasper Coosemans1
(Група Elite)

Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5991 послано Дец 11 2019, 14:02:08 (последња промена Дец 11 2019, 14:04:03 од Jasper Coosemans) Цитирај 
Slightly exaggerating, no? The truth is, in recent seasons there are more people in Master fighting to avoid promotion than fighting for promotion. If you have a half-decent package, all you have to do is say "I want to promote" and you already have at least 80% chance of success. Randoms or not.

Bert is an extreme case because not only is he getting extraordinary bad luck in the races, he is also in the only Master group that actually has a promotion battle going on (M3 may look like one, but Ivan said many times that he doesn't want to promote). I truly hope his randoms are over now, because the amount of unlucky events is staggering and he has every right to feel robbed.
Kristijan Mihovic
(Група Master - 4)

Поруке: 939
  Држава:
Хрватска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5992 послано Дец 13 2019, 23:45:00 Цитирај 
I quote:

"from Season 73 - randomly fixable randoms. Say that again? Even more new randoms? No!"

I am not so sure...this season we have multiple times more randoms than before!
Kristijan Mihovic
(Група Master - 4)

Држава:
Хрватска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5993 послано Дец 13 2019, 23:57:38 (последња промена Дец 13 2019, 23:59:01 од Kristijan Mihovic) Цитирај 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ December 11th 2019,14:02:08 )

he is also in the only Master group that actually has a promotion battle going

What you are talking about, did you take a second and see M4?
This season M4 is hardest/fastest group by far!

Flo tell him :)
Montes Dimemola
(Група Pro - 25)

Поруке: 242
  Држава:
Румунија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5994 послано Дец 14 2019, 00:05:28 (последња промена Дец 14 2019, 00:06:24 од Montes Dimemola) Цитирај 
Well, I have only one thing to add, planning or not planning for randoms, emulating real life or not emulating real life, take your picks... constantly piss off/annoy your customers or not to. The last one is no pick.,. Eventually they will really piss off.
Harsh Sheth
(Група Master - 2)

Поруке: 897
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5995 послано Дец 14 2019, 03:48:00 Цитирај 
Quote ( Montes Dimemola @ December 14th 2019,00:05:28 )

I cried watching her race yesterday...
Bert Huylebroeck1
(Група Master - 5)

Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5996 послано Дец 14 2019, 22:31:59 (последња промена Дец 14 2019, 22:59:19 од Bert Huylebroeck) Цитирај 
Quote ( Kristijan Mihovic @ December 13th 2019,23:57:38 )

Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ December 11th 2019,14:02:08 )

he is also in the only Master group that actually has a promotion battle going

What you are talking about, did you take a second and see M4?
This season M4 is hardest/fastest group by far!

That's why my 7th place in M5 would be a 4th place in ALL other master groups. Without the rain I would have been 2nd. I had the same strategy as her on my yoko's. That 2nd place would have made much things better, but no luck (strategy here was partially luck though). And the BY get another great race.
Kristijan Mihovic
(Група Master - 4)

Држава:
Хрватска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5997 послано Дец 14 2019, 23:12:14 Цитирај 
Look first 10 races guys.it was 4 of us in m4.
When I changed driver they stoped pushing.
After first 8-10 races, it was 3 of us in first top 30 of all nanagers including elite by OBR ranking.
It would be all 4 of us in top 30 but sergey had crush at the start
M4 is hardest group this season as far as I see.

Josh Clark
(Група Pro - 23)

Поруке: 6667
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5998 послано Дец 15 2019, 01:01:57 Цитирај 
To win, perhaps.
Derek Rainey
(Група Amateur - 62)

Поруке: 81
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5999 послано Дец 21 2019, 08:27:11 Цитирај 
Mugello saw my 2nd random of the season. I pitted on lap 21 as planned but then saw everything overtake me and, at first, couldn't understand why. This was one race I really needed to do as well as possible in as I was just in the relegation zone. Puncture, pits on lap 23 and suddenly from my best position of this season to 32nd and through no fault of my own and nothing I could do about it.

Not only have I dropped deeper into the relegation zone but also a sponsor I was trying to obtain, dumped me.

I will not be leaving the game but can see why new players would after such unexplained and unnecessary events. Surely it makes sense to stop these asap for the good of the game. I know the unexpected happens in reality but this is NOT reality, it is a game which depends on planning and you can not plan for the unexpected.
Kristijan Mihovic
(Група Master - 4)

Држава:
Хрватска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #6000 послано Дец 21 2019, 10:33:34 Цитирај 
Derek I agree with you 100%.
For me and for all of us, the randoms are one of the most stupit thing in this game.
I dont know why they are pushing this.
The game is better as little luck there is in the game and more knowledge.
But randoms are not so often and if you are really ready for promotion than one or two randoms will not afect on your promotion.
One thing they should really change is sponsor leaving manager after random because this is really big thing.

P.s. I dont play socker manager games but question...do the players get sick there?
Страна « 1 2 3 ... 199 [200201 ... 207 208 209 » Иди на страну:
Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > General forum > Random is getting beyond a joke. Додај ову тему на листу игнорисаних Додај ову тему на листу праћених

Одговори