Chris Oldham
(Група Rookie - 248)

Поруке: 1922
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #181 послано Апр 7 2015, 17:25:00 Цитирај 
Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ April 7th 2015,17:18:35 )

Minecraft: Further proof that if you can find an idea that appeals to kids. You will laugh your way to the bank everyday for the rest of your life..

I didn't buy it, it was 2nd hand...
Rocco Stallone
(Група Amateur - 14)

Поруке: 3130
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #182 послано Апр 7 2015, 17:27:46 Цитирај 
Quote ( Chris Oldham @ April 7th 2015,17:25:00 )

Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ April 7th 2015,17:18:35 )

Minecraft: Further proof that if you can find an idea that appeals to kids. You will laugh your way to the bank everyday for the rest of your life..

I didn't buy it, it was 2nd hand...

Someone did ;),and millions of other people did..

When I worked at Gamestop it was Minecraft and Skylanders.. Couldn't keep either on the shelf. Skylanders were 8 bucks a pop and kids couldnt buy them fast enough.. and once minecraft released on consoles forget it..

Marketing genius..

Liam Johnson
(Група Amateur - 32)

Поруке: 500
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #183 послано Апр 7 2015, 17:34:00 Цитирај 
Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ April 7th 2015,17:27:46 )

Marketing genius..

Never seen any marketing done by minecraft, at least here in the uk. Its all been word of mouth or youtube videos that done all the marketing the game ever needs.
Kirsty Ridley
(Група Amateur - 59)

Поруке: 7849
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #184 послано Апр 7 2015, 17:37:39 Цитирај 
My 10 year old is obsessed with watching someone called Stampy on youtube, much more than she ever plays the game! I don't get it...she is a little quirky though :P
Rocco Stallone
(Група Amateur - 14)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #185 послано Апр 7 2015, 17:38:11 (последња промена Апр 7 2015, 17:43:56 од Rocco Stallone) Цитирај 
Quote ( Liam Johnson @ April 7th 2015,17:34:00 )

Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ April 7th 2015,17:27:46 )

Marketing genius..

Never seen any marketing done by minecraft, at least here in the uk. Its all been word of mouth or youtube videos that done all the marketing the game ever needs.

bro. I spent 3 days putting up marketing stuff in my store when they were making it downloadable for 360.. and the previous month telling people why they shoud pre order it,and the boxes and boxes of creeper and Steve keychains,comics,stuffed toys,and other random crap. And since the Mojang logo was everywhere on all this stuff. I'm, thinking they had something to do with it..

AND!!! lol

3 months later they released "minecraft complete" or some crap like that which was just the game, in disc form with the last like 2 title updates already on the disc,and IT cost 20 bucks and people were STILL buying it..
Liam Johnson
(Група Amateur - 32)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #186 послано Апр 7 2015, 17:54:27 Цитирај 
Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ April 7th 2015,17:38:11 )

3 months later they released "minecraft complete" or some crap like that which was just the game, in disc form with the last like 2 title updates already on the disc,and IT cost 20 bucks and people were STILL buying it..

Its a lot cheaper then most other games and has regular updates, although buying "minecraft complete" sounds really dumb. Even more so since I believe the console versions are behide the pc version in terms of updates. But its a successful brand now and the guy who original owned minecraft sold it to mircosoft for some tremendous amount of money last year, so well done to him.

Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ April 7th 2015,17:37:39 )

My 10 year old is obsessed with watching someone called Stampy on youtube, much more than she ever plays the game!

I got a 5 year old cousin who is the same. But then again I watch a different channel on youtube that does minecraft once a week but they certainly aren't kid friendly videos to watch with the swearing and arguing they do.
Rocco Stallone
(Група Amateur - 14)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #187 послано Апр 7 2015, 17:55:52 Цитирај 
Quote ( Liam Johnson @ April 7th 2015,17:54:27 )

so well done to him.

that's my point. Man earned his golden ticket..

Good for him..
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Група Amateur - 98)

Поруке: 1744
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #188 послано Апр 7 2015, 18:39:02 Цитирај 
I watched some minecraft videos when I got minecraft to help me get the basics of the game but not really for entertainment even thought some were quite good I don't any more. Not really playing minecraft at the moment might play it more when 1.9 comes out but at the moment I am trying out some other less well known games.
Rocco Stallone
(Група Amateur - 14)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #189 послано Апр 7 2015, 19:00:49 Цитирај 
Yeah,humans are going in a weird direction. We used to like going outside,then we got lazy and found video games.. Now these kids are too lazy they just watch other people play games..
Kirsty Ridley
(Група Amateur - 59)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #190 послано Апр 7 2015, 19:11:24 Цитирај 
Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ April 7th 2015,19:00:49 )

We used to like going outside,then we got lazy and found video games.. Now these kids are too lazy they just watch other people play games..

LOL, I see this all the time on Facebook and stuff, you really think kids don't play out anymore?
They all still spend tons of time outside, it's paranoid parents who caused it IMO. Parents who are scared to let kids out in case they are snatched or something equally unlikely. I know a lot of people who encourage the kids to stay home.
But, even with that, kids still play out. Waterfights, manhunt (runouts to us old ppl) football, bikes, etc. All of that today only outside my house. But yeah, the technical world plays a much higher part in their lives than it did previous generations.
Rocco Stallone
(Група Amateur - 14)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #191 послано Апр 7 2015, 19:25:24 Цитирај 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ April 7th 2015,19:11:24 )

Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ April 7th 2015,19:00:49 )

We used to like going outside,then we got lazy and found video games.. Now these kids are too lazy they just watch other people play games..

LOL, I see this all the time on Facebook and stuff, you really think kids don't play out anymore?
They all still spend tons of time outside, it's paranoid parents who caused it IMO. Parents who are scared to let kids out in case they are snatched or something equally unlikely. I know a lot of people who encourage the kids to stay home.
But, even with that, kids still play out. Waterfights, manhunt (runouts to us old ppl) football, bikes, etc. All of that today only outside my house. But yeah, the technical world plays a much higher part in their lives than it did previous generations.

It's the sign of the times. I have no basis or even the right to judge any parents(no kids). My time at GS did teach me that parents can be lazy,and could contribute to a child being that way. I used to joke about how I would spend 8 hours a day selling babysitters
Kirsty Ridley
(Група Amateur - 59)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #192 послано Апр 7 2015, 19:30:28 Цитирај 
I guess times just change, there are some good changes, its not as cool to smoke now, its a much smaller percentage who try drugs, but maybe that's cos they are all in front of screens? lol.

A few years ago in a park in London a policewoman...well one of those community support officers, told my then 13 year old to get out of a tree, as she could fall and get hurt ;) I made it clear I was happy for her to be up a tree instead of all the other things 13 yr olds were doing at that time ;) But more reason to show times have changed a lot huh.

Takes it back on topic... what is so good about minecraft anyway? I tried to play it with her a few times, its total crap :P Prefer mario cart anyday
Rocco Stallone
(Група Amateur - 14)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #193 послано Апр 7 2015, 19:33:22 Цитирај 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ April 7th 2015,19:30:28 )

I guess times just change, there are some good changes, its not as cool to smoke now, its a much smaller percentage who try drugs, but maybe that's cos they are all in front of screens? lol.

LOL,Kirsty, I had this debate just the other day..

I don't think kids are "better" at not smoking. They just always have their damn hands full with cell phones..
Liam Johnson
(Група Amateur - 32)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #194 послано Апр 7 2015, 19:35:24 Цитирај 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ April 7th 2015,19:30:28 )

what is so good about minecraft anyway?

From my experience its a enjoyable social game where you just make things and have a good talk with people. Its better if you can use mods to add more things into the game if you want them. Seen stuff like nuclear weapons, missles, factories being added in as well as a mod for pokemon. But playing solo is boring as hell in my opinion.
Kirsty Ridley
(Група Amateur - 59)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #195 послано Апр 7 2015, 19:40:27 Цитирај 
LOL you have a crap view of them.

I think its amazing to watch at times....my 11 yr old is learning to write code in Computer science.... we just about learnt to use basic office stuff.

As I said, some great, some not so much....but the whole future is technology, they have to keep up... those that are not allowed near a PC for fear of it corrupting their youth will be left behind as adults.

All about balance really.
But yeah, she is also insisting "everyone" in her year has an iphone ;) poor deprived girl

Wish she was into minecraft like her sister <<<<on topic? :P
Страна « 1 2 3 ... 5 6 [7 Иди на страну:

Одговори