Аутор Тема: Suggestions 5783 одговора
Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Поруке: 12503
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4111 послано Maј 2 2020, 10:42:49 (последња промена Maј 2 2020, 10:51:35 од Mikko Heikkinen) Цитирај 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ May 2nd 2020,08:52:45 )

Communication is essential, it increases the need for nonessential direct communication, that can feel like "hassle", especially if you don't have endless free time.
Hassle for me asking all the time and hassle for them to answer, instead of just being able to give pointers regularly... without it becoming a choir.. because then i can't be arsed after a while.

It's not my place to evaluate how your team works, but why not make it a rule in your team to post such things on teamforum regularly. Specially if you have members which you think would benefit from it.

Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ May 2nd 2020,08:52:45 )

This is a simple "making it easier to help our noobs learn",,, how the f.. can you be against that Mikko. :)

I believe that encouraging said "noobs" to learn to communicate pro-actively instead of just passively expecting things is a better thing to teach them.

IF your team teaches pro-active communication it's better for your team and GPRO as a whole.

btw: if you're not familiar with white-space, here's one article. It might not the best one of the topic but it is an article :)
(there's a summary in the end) https://medium.com/successivetech/importance-of-whitespace-i...

a short quote:

Whitespace should not be considered merely “blank” space — it is the element of design that enables the objects on the page to exist
The main goals are to make the website look simple and uncluttered and to deliver information that our users will enjoy and appreciate.

which brings me back to: "I think the page is quite stuffed full already"

In other words, in terms of webdesign more "things" isn't necessarily better
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Pro - 20)

Поруке: 11906
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4112 послано Maј 2 2020, 10:55:40 Цитирај 
Is a pop-up (tab) not a solution?
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Група Pro - 19)

Поруке: 2441
  Држава:
Исланд 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4113 послано Maј 2 2020, 11:10:44 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ May 2nd 2020,10:42:49 )

in terms of webdesign more isn't necessarily better

On a team info webpage, the more relevant info the better.
Esp. relevant info.

which brings me back to: "I think the page is quite stuffed full already"

Why not allow a choice what info is viewed there? Tick-boxes, then everyone can customize.
Now, what could you possibly have against that, other than the time it takes to change the code?
As I previously said, I would happily sacrifice the tire logo for this info, if it has to be a swapout.
PHA is way more relevant on a race by race basis... as you can easily remember non-changeable info like who has which tire, throughout the season.

I believe that encouraging said "noobs" to learn to communicate pro-actively instead of just passively expecting things is a better thing to teach them.

IF your team teaches pro-active communication it's better for your team and GPRO as a whole.

Agreed, comm is good, but too much comm can be annoying, at least for some.
Sometimes individuals are in the mood to communicate with others, sometimes they are not....
At those times, it would be good to have the ability to not have to communicate with others.

It's not my place to evaluate how your team works

So true Mikko, but thanks for trying though. :)

Those are our rules

1. You have to be from a nordic country.
2. Supporter
3. At least 10 races under your belt.
4. Try to race all races. You can get a "babysitter" if needed.
5. Share data with your teammates.
6. Use teamforum.
7. Social.
8. A bit of humor won't hurt

But, we don't enforce at all, since we are all having fun.
No one likes choirs, so everyone does as they please, we help each other because we want to, not because we have to and that's preferable fro us.
You might like something completely different in your team and that's cool too.

Generally I tend to agree with what you say here on the forums Mikko, just not this time mate.

Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4114 послано Maј 2 2020, 11:29:53 Цитирај 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ May 2nd 2020,11:10:44 )

Agreed, comm is good, but too much comm can be annoying, at least for some.

One could think that expecting one post per race shouldn't be too much to ask.

and you could "set rules" (in your teamforum) what information said 1 post per race should contain

Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ May 2nd 2020,11:10:44 )

Sometimes individuals are in the mood to communicate with others, sometimes they are not....
At those times, it would be good to have the ability to not have to communicate with others.

I think just the opposite: If they don't wanna do teamwork (even as little as 1 post), why should there be a "free ride" (don't know a more elegant way to put it)

Kirsty Ridley
(Група Amateur - 49)

Поруке: 7849
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #4115 послано Maј 2 2020, 11:39:04 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ May 2nd 2020,11:29:53 )

(don't know a more elegant way to put it)

Take part or piss off? ;)
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Група Pro - 19)

Држава:
Исланд 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4116 послано Maј 2 2020, 11:58:46 (последња промена Maј 2 2020, 12:05:25 од Atli Thor Johannesson) Цитирај 

why should there be a "free ride" (don't know a more elegant way to put it)

I don't mind giving shortcuts for free, if asked
But again, were different. :)

Here we are talking about showing simple info, available if you click for it... and you turn it into a "team organization" problem.
You can use your logic against any info available on that page.
Why show the finances, car lvl etc.. you can just communicate..
Why have that page at all, using your logic... just post your data on the team forum.

One could think that expecting one post per race shouldn't be too much to ask.

and you could "set rules" (in your teamforum) what information said 1 post per race should contain

Some teammates don't post data, others do, totally cool either way.
No-one in the team wants to be dictated and want to play the game their way.
If one wants to be dictated, there seem to be plenty of other teams to choose for that.

I just want that P-H-A-B info on that page if possible, it would help a lot.
It shouldn't stop those who prefer to have that info, from having it there, just because you think some teams should be run in a different way than they are.

Custom view tickboxes would be awesome on "Team Overview", but that's probably further fetched and harder to implement.
Jody Parker
(Група Pro - 9)

Поруке: 767
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (7)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4117 послано Maј 2 2020, 12:59:50 Цитирај 
How about instead of adding more there have a dedicated "Team Page", only visible by the Team members or course, possibly only to Supporters too, where current visible data of the Team is shown, not only including the car balance but also other things, facility levels, TD, driver and TD contract left, seasons in current group, Testing Laps, and so on and on, with the ability to customise what things to show on it?

That way no current pages are "broken" in any way, or made too cluttered.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4118 послано Maј 2 2020, 13:17:28 (последња промена Maј 2 2020, 13:20:04 од Mikko Heikkinen) Цитирај 
- deleted -
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Група Pro - 19)

Држава:
Исланд 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4119 послано Maј 2 2020, 19:26:08 Цитирај 
Great idea Jody, that would be surreal :)
Stuart Foster
(Група Amateur - 49)

Поруке: 12459
  Држава:
Велс 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4120 послано Maј 3 2020, 01:04:53 Цитирај 
I'm with Kirsty on this one :)
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Група Amateur - 4)

Поруке: 1008
  Држава:
Грчка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (14)   Не свиђа ми се (5)
Стара порука #4121 послано Maј 7 2020, 17:54:24 Цитирај 
- I Thing we need a New Driver Training to Drop the MOT.!!! (at least 30-40 Points)
...so we save this ridiculous Phenomena to Run the Race with Wet Tyres on Dry.!!!
...it's Impossible to AMA group to Drop MOT other way.

- Good Day from Beautiful Sithonia/Chalkidiki/Greece the Place with ZERO COVIT 19 appearance.!!!
...we Wait YOU.!!!
:)
Josh Clark
(Група Master - 4)

Поруке: 6667
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #4122 послано Maј 7 2020, 17:57:36 Цитирај 
I agree to be honest.

But what would you call it?
"Stewards Visit"? :D
Diogo Abdalla
(Група Master - 5)

Поруке: 309
  Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #4123 послано Maј 7 2020, 18:08:34 Цитирај 
I agree too

Moti dropping is boring for who does it and also everyone else (cause every race there will be people racing to lose)

Maybe something that would drop both moti and DE (to have a drawback)
Max Watson
(Група Amateur - 75)

Поруке: 5184
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4124 послано Maј 7 2020, 18:12:46 Цитирај 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ May 7th 2020,17:54:24 )

we need a New Driver Training to Drop the MOT.!!! (at least 30-40 Points)

There’s already a type of training that’ll do that, depending on how close your driver is to drawing his pension.
Jay De Snoo
(Група Pro - 1)

Поруке: 928
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4125 послано Maј 7 2020, 18:44:02 (последња промена Maј 7 2020, 18:44:16 од Jay De Snoo) Цитирај 
Quote ( Max Watson @ May 7th 2020,18:12:46 )

There’s already a type of training that’ll do that, depending on how close your driver is to drawing his pension.

More specifically then, the suggesting now is: we need a training to drop moti, with a drawback, for drivers not yet that close to their pension.

And other than have your economy collapse. That's way to close to real life nowadays ;)
Josh Clark
(Група Master - 4)

Поруке: 6667
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (6)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4126 послано Maј 7 2020, 18:54:58 (последња промена Maј 7 2020, 18:55:10 од Josh Clark) Цитирај 
-10 motivation for every outbid or rejected driver offer during staff markets.

Your driver would quite like to keep is contract and is anxious that you are trying to swap him out ;)
Daniel Douglas
(Група Pro - 2)

Поруке: 3806
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #4127 послано Maј 7 2020, 18:59:11 Цитирај 
I disagree with having training specifically for dropping moti.

Managing moti is an important part of the game..... taking that away will significantly dumb down the thought process around driver motivation management.

Racing to lose is a meta that exists within the game. It is not necessary to cater to game metas, typically you want to try to eliiminate them (such as drastically reducing money income for people who finish back of the pack a lot.... possibly increase the effect of a bad finish on sponsors.... or reduce money for back of grid)
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Група Amateur - 4)

Поруке: 1008
  Држава:
Грчка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #4128 послано Maј 7 2020, 19:07:22 Цитирај 
Daniel Douglas

...the Game Die because with stupid Rules Create a Abnormal Monster with no Logical Acts & Results.!!!
...if we don't sow that we are Blind.-
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Pro - 20)

Поруке: 11906
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4129 послано Maј 7 2020, 19:09:51 Цитирај 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ May 7th 2020,17:54:24 )

I Thing we need a New Driver Training to Drop the MOT.!!! (at least 30-40 Points)

steam room: -x MOT; -y DE. (x=40; y=20 or other values)
Daniel Douglas
(Група Pro - 2)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4130 послано Maј 7 2020, 19:12:13 Цитирај 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ May 7th 2020,19:07:22 )

Daniel Douglas

...the Game Die because with stupid Rules Create a Abnormal Monster with no Logical Acts & Results.!!!
...if we don't sow that we are Blind.-

Sure.

I agree that it makes no sense to be trying to throw a race.... but I disagree with a training that drop moti. Instead of enabling the dropping of moti, I'd suggest we dissuade the act of trying to throw races.

Theres more than one way to skin a cat.... even a blind man knows that.
Zé Pedro Paula
(Група Rookie - 62)

Поруке: 665
  Држава:
Мозамбик 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4131 послано Maј 7 2020, 19:13:43 (последња промена Maј 7 2020, 19:14:39 од Zé Pedro Paula) Цитирај 
What about not increase so much? At least in Rookie my driver increased motivation some 80 points in a handful of races.

BTW and in my ignorant opinion. Why would someone, "in his right mind", want to decrease his driver's motivation.

Anyway, just create... "send back to driving lessons" training and it may drop to 0. "Bug" fixed.

I plan to win the next race, my driver is going from Rookie to Pro without tasting Amateur just with a half a dozen races and just with Motivation.
Daniel Douglas
(Група Pro - 2)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4132 послано Maј 7 2020, 19:17:14 Цитирај 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ May 7th 2020,19:13:43 )

What about not increase so much? At least in Rookie my driver increased motivation some 80 points in a handful of races.

Moti increases get harder as you progress .... rookie is just super easy.

Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ May 7th 2020,19:13:43 )

BTW and in my ignorant opinion. Why would someone, "in his right mind", want to decrease his driver's motivation.

To extend contract. If your driver's moti is 250, thats a lot of OA. Typically you can get 1 or 2 more seasons at your current level (hence more time to train for next level).

Max Watson
(Група Amateur - 75)

Поруке: 5184
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4133 послано Maј 7 2020, 19:17:20 Цитирај 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ May 7th 2020,19:07:22 )

a Abnormal Monster with no Logical Acts

Yeah, I already know a few managers like that =]
Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4134 послано Maј 7 2020, 19:31:58 (последња промена Maј 7 2020, 19:36:56 од Mikko Heikkinen) Цитирај 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ May 7th 2020,18:59:11 )

I disagree with having training specifically for dropping moti.

Managing moti is an important part of the game..... taking that away will significantly dumb down the thought process around driver motivation management.

Agree wholly with that.

Although... managing OA can be done without drastic tricks with motivation, one doesn't have to go to lengths to do so.

Having that said, some people do and that can give the others chance to perform. so the current way has that positive side too.

In any case, I do agree that reducing motivation should not be made easier If not for any other reason than this:

Making motivation loss easier would most likely have a negative impact on driver market.

Zé Pedro Paula
(Група Rookie - 62)

Држава:
Мозамбик 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4135 послано Maј 7 2020, 19:34:00 (последња промена Maј 7 2020, 19:34:24 од Zé Pedro Paula) Цитирај 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ May 7th 2020,19:17:14 )

To extend contract. If your driver's moti is 250, thats a lot of OA. Typically you can get 1 or 2 more seasons at your current level (hence more time to train for next level).

Yes, I know. "right mind" kind of meant... it's a bittie nonsensie.

If the motivation didn't increase so fast in previous levels it wouldn't be so high and would be a smaller problem in following levels.
I'm nearly doubling the my driver's motivation in a few races and won none of them. Could be there ceiling at 150% of the Level's max OA or something like that.
Daniel Douglas
(Група Pro - 2)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (4)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4136 послано Maј 7 2020, 19:45:14 Цитирај 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ May 7th 2020,19:34:00 )

If the motivation didn't increase so fast in previous levels it wouldn't be so high and would be a smaller problem in following levels.
I'm nearly doubling the my driver's motivation in a few races and won none of them. Could be there ceiling at 150% of the Level's max OA or something like that.

The motivation system does likely need to be tweaked a small amount, but that would be more of a conversation about increasing motivation gains in most places.

Rookie is a special place with what is really just a different set of strategies. For motivation to increase very rapidly in Rookie is not a bad thing, it gives new managers a bit more freedom in learning.

It just takes a little bit wider of a perspective to really see how motivation moves and changes and affects plans/strategies, something which admittedly will take you more than a few seasons to really see. Try to understand that the perspective you are looking at everything right now is entirely biased towards a league that is different from any other.
Zé Pedro Paula
(Група Rookie - 62)

Држава:
Мозамбик 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4137 послано Maј 7 2020, 19:58:14 Цитирај 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ May 7th 2020,19:45:14 )

Rookie is a special place

I don't really know how to take this. As a Rookie. The most pleasant I'm thinking is... kindergarten. :-) It's a weird way to feel "special".
Niels Van Heijster
(Група Amateur - 13)

Поруке: 1406
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4138 послано Maј 7 2020, 20:17:18 Цитирај 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ May 7th 2020,19:58:14 )

kindergarten

Sound about right, sort of ... The real fun starts in AMA as it will have ups and downs! Easy enough to survive, hard enough to get to learn the game the hard way at times ...

Just stick to the basics: it's a management (money) game above all, and nobody with over 100 GPs under their belts, will tell it is an easy one. Having said that, Keep up the good spirit!
Zé Pedro Paula
(Група Rookie - 62)

Држава:
Мозамбик 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #4139 послано Maј 7 2020, 20:26:04 (последња промена Maј 7 2020, 20:28:53 од Zé Pedro Paula) Цитирај 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ May 7th 2020,20:17:18 )

The real fun starts in AMA

No. I just can't accept that. And will make myself clear over and over again until the real fun starts on S1-R1 for every rookie.

Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ May 7th 2020,20:17:18 )

it's a management (money) game above all

I know lots of management games, some don't even have moving pictures, just tables and spreadsheets. But this one has a real life twist. Only the elites get to have fun.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4140 послано Maј 7 2020, 20:32:01 (последња промена Maј 7 2020, 20:36:19 од Mikko Heikkinen) Цитирај 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ May 7th 2020,20:26:04 )

Only the elites get to have fun.

Have you ever considered the possibility that Elite might not be quite so much fun :)

Other group-levels can be as fun too
Страна « 1 2 3 ... 137 [138139 ... 191 192 193 » Иди на страну:

Одговори