Alex Holland
(Група Master - 4)

Поруке: 1328
  Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (5)
Стара порука #2011 послано Дец 30 2016, 22:22:07 Цитирај 
I have a suggestion which may be of interest to people. I would like to see each team have a bank account. As part of each managers home page we would allow for 0-1-2-3-4 or 5% of our race income to be deposited in the team bank instead of the player receiving the money. Then a team banker or team leader could allocate this money at any time towards one or more team players to help them out when they are in financial trouble. I would think keeping the money low would be good and maybe capping the team bank to a maximum limit of 50 - 100M would also be good. We might also limit the maximum amount of money that could be transferred to a team member at something like $10-20M per race.

A second suggestion impacts players who are leaving the game or taking an extended holiday from the game. I know of a number of people who do not come back to the game because they have to start all over and the idea of running 10+ seasons just to get back to their previous level is enough to make them not want to play again. I think it would be reasonable for the game to take that players account and degrade it based on how long they are gone from the game. It could be done as part of the end of race script, or done when a player rejoins the game. The players skill and experience stays, same as their staff and facilities. Then depending on how long they have been out of the game the facilities and staff levels are reduced to reflect how long they have been gone. That way a player rejoining the game still comes in as a rookie, but they may have some residual staff levels, facilities etc. This would make it much more attractive for a player to re-enter the game later on.
Mick Ridley
(Група Pro - 11)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 2604
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #2012 послано Дец 30 2016, 22:36:26 Цитирај 
Quote ( Alex Holland @ December 30th 2016,22:22:07 )

Then depending on how long they have been out of the game the facilities and staff levels are reduced to reflect how long they have been gone. That way a player rejoining the game still comes in as a rookie, but they may have some residual staff levels, facilities etc. This would make it much more attractive for a player to re-enter the game later on.

I think that would be unfair to the other Rookies tbh. They would have an unfair advantage having S&F from the start of the season?
Mario Põldma
(Група Master - 3)

Поруке: 1753
  Држава:
Естонија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2013 послано Дец 30 2016, 23:00:36 Цитирај 
I would create a team with me, myself and I + 7 others DA accounts.
Daryl Gee
(Група Pro - 3)

Поруке: 4864
  Држава:
Јужна Африка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #2014 послано Дец 30 2016, 23:03:32 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mario Põldma @ December 30th 2016,23:00:36 )

I would create a team with me, myself and I + 7 others DA accounts.

Another one?
Mario Põldma
(Група Master - 3)

Поруке: 1753
  Држава:
Естонија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2015 послано Дец 30 2016, 23:06:26 Цитирај 
Quote ( Daryl Gee @ December 30th 2016,23:03:32 )

Another one?

Only if we can transfer money between family teams!
Stuart Foster
(Група Amateur - 106)

Поруке: 12459
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2016 послано Дец 31 2016, 04:36:02 Цитирај 
I don't think Hungarian crown needs any further encouragement for expansion of its family :)

Nice idea Alex, but sadly it will just lead to exploitation I think.
Aaron Mccarthy
(Група Amateur - 115)

Поруке: 22
  Држава:
Ирска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2017 послано Jан 2 2017, 20:25:29 Цитирај 
Just a quick suggestion about race season calendar. Given that Christmas is a multi-day celebration, would it be possible to extend the race calendar by one race day. For example this season Christmas week saw a race on the 23rd the 27th and the 30th, could this be changed to the 23rd, 30th and 2nd.
Daniel Mason
(Група Amateur - 83)

Поруке: 5215
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2018 послано Jан 6 2017, 19:15:24 Цитирај 
With the new colours for tyres now on display in the race screen, wouldn't it be better to include this to the grid screen after qualifying closes? It just seems inconsistent to have the slicks in one section, and the old grooves in another. Maybe just the dry compound on display (yellow stripes) as to not give away whether starting on dry or wet tyres.
Alex Holland
(Група Master - 4)

Поруке: 1328
  Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #2019 послано Jан 6 2017, 19:19:48 Цитирај 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ December 31st 2016,04:36:02 )

Nice idea Alex, but sadly it will just lead to exploitation I think
unfortunately everything gets exploited in one way or another. I think for returning managers who still had some facilities, cars etc I would put them in their own rookie group so they wold have to compete against each other rather than the rookies who have no resources. Sort of like a Rookie I and Rookie II. You could also make a whole new class (Returns) which fed into the Amateur level along with the normal rookies.

The idea is getting people back into playing. The more players who are lost the faster the game can die. This just encourages people to come back in. I have heard it all too much that people have attained a high level and then are asked to start from scratch again. While I agree that is the "fair" way to do it, It makes for a bad business decision because you want players back no matter what you have to do to bring them back in. The people who played for a long time are also good candidates to play again for a long time while regular rookies have a very bad retention rate. Just start a "Returning" player category and have it feed into the AM level would help all concerned. Good business decisions are not always loved by the general people.
Alexei Malkin
(Група Amateur - 72)

Поруке: 2615
  Држава:
Русија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (4)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #2020 послано Jан 11 2017, 19:15:16 Цитирај 
When somebody posts a message on the forum (the same in PM) which consists a link to another gpro page, can we cut language code to save the original language for those who are going on this link?
Maybe if you want to save this possibility, it's better to create the system where if you want to create the link on the page with the language you want to set, just duplicate it on the link. For example, gpro.net/gb/gb/smth.asp. But I'm sure it will be not useful in 99.99% links
Miel Soeterbroek
(Група Amateur - 124)

Поруке: 3107
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2021 послано Jан 11 2017, 20:55:11 Цитирај 
Agreed, would be a nice thing to tweak
Rocco Stallone
(Група Rookie - 239)

Поруке: 3130
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2022 послано Jан 11 2017, 21:01:13 Цитирај 
Can we get driver feedback after Q2?

For those of us without fancy tools,it is helpful to know how good our wet/dry changes are.

A couple races ago Q1 was the only wet session.Q2 and the race were all dry,and i had no idea if my conversions were on or off.
Phil Maunder
(Група Pro - 7)

Поруке: 10003
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2023 послано Jан 11 2017, 21:07:49 Цитирај 
Well you don't get feedback for Q1 either being pedantic. Just for practice & obviously conditions are the same.

I think feedback after qualifying wouldn't be such a bad idea. There are way more circuits since the original game concept for one thing as well as the driver energy / boosts to figure out. Helping people get weather conversions quicker isn't too terrible & might make the game more appealing for newcomers
Roy Mitchell
(Група Amateur - 39)

Поруке: 5905
  Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2024 послано Jан 12 2017, 06:46:07 (последња промена Jан 12 2017, 06:48:52 од Roy Mitchell) Цитирај 
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=20013&PostId=4066404#post4066404

I agree with the concept ... but, people will not buy into that for fear of giving something up that they have worked for. It would help in bringing back long term players. They could be Gpro noticed that the game has changed.

Returning players are brought back in Amateur class, provided they attained Amateur. Recognition for their previous experience and still only provided with Rookie entry resources. It would be a challenge but a an attraction imo.

edit: I clearly see where this could be exploited however, we are talking about Gpro members and numbers.
Rastislav Padysak
(Група Rookie - 112)

Поруке: 611
  Држава:
Словачка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (5)
Стара порука #2025 послано Jан 12 2017, 15:08:57 Цитирај 
I suggest to disallow using non-ASCII characters outside national forums. Including names.
Stuart Foster
(Група Amateur - 106)

Поруке: 12459
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2026 послано Jан 12 2017, 16:03:37 (последња промена Jан 12 2017, 16:04:13 од Stuart Foster) Цитирај 
Vlad,

any chance that, on team overview, that when you hover over the graph at the bottom that shows team points scored each race of the season vs standings position that it shows the actual points scored on each of the points/peaks of the graph?? Currently, you can't look back over the season to see exactly what points your team scored. Well, not the exact figures at least :)
Rastislav Padysak
(Група Rookie - 112)

Поруке: 611
  Држава:
Словачка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #2027 послано Jан 12 2017, 16:39:17 Цитирај 
Quote ( Rastislav Padysak @ January 12th 2017,15:08:57 )

I suggest to disallow using non-ASCII characters outside national forums. Including names.

For those who gave the thumb down:
How will you read Arabic or Chinese written name? How will you find out it's not the fake name? I think it's just the common sense and elemental empathy to let as much people as possible to read your names without problems.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Група Amateur - 124)

Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (5)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #2028 послано Jан 12 2017, 16:55:46 (последња промена Jан 12 2017, 16:59:05 од Miel Soeterbroek) Цитирај 
Oh you want the thumb down explained?

I can't pronounce half of the names in ascii text. And no one can pronounce mine.
A name is a name, no matter how weird the characters are. People around the world have the weirdest names written in the weirdest characters. Fact of life. Part of the charm of a global game is seeing all those unpronouncable strings of funky characters. At least for me.

Let me put it differently: if the majority of players of a global game had been Arab, should your name be translated to some Arabic text outside of the Slovak forum?

Besides that, it would also mean Stuart's team will have to be renamed. Boo :D

Edit: on top of that, i'm pretty sure there will be many cases where said name will not even have an equivalent in 'regular' characters. Then what? Make up a fake one?

Edit 2: GPRO relies on the community to make/update/check translations in many languages too, and the same is most likely the case for checking for fake names in languages that Vlad does not speak.
Higo Camporez
(Група Amateur - 6)

Поруке: 90
  Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #2029 послано Jан 12 2017, 17:23:28 Цитирај 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ January 12th 2017,16:55:46 )

Oh you want the thumb down explained?

I can't pronounce half of the names in ascii text. And no one can pronounce mine.
A name is a name, no matter how weird the characters are. People around the world have the weirdest names written in the weirdest characters. Fact of life. Part of the charm of a global game is seeing all those unpronouncable strings of funky characters. At least for me.

Let me put it differently: if the majority of players of a global game had been Arab, should your name be translated to some Arabic text outside of the Slovak forum?

Besides that, it would also mean Stuart's team will have to be renamed. Boo :D

Edit: on top of that, i'm pretty sure there will be many cases where said name will not even have an equivalent in 'regular' characters. Then what? Make up a fake one?

Edit 2: GPRO relies on the community to make/update/check translations in many languages too, and the same is most likely the case for checking for fake names in languages that Vlad does not speak.

I agree with everything you wrote!
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Група Amateur - 72)

Поруке: 5682
  Држава:
Пољска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2030 послано Jан 12 2017, 18:06:19 Цитирај 
Quote ( Rastislav Padysak @ January 12th 2017,16:39:17 )

For those who gave the thumb down:
How will you read Arabic or Chinese written name? How will you find out it's not the fake name? I think it's just the common sense and elemental empathy to let as much people as possible to read your names without problems.

AFAIK Managers names have already to be in Latin alphabet.
Josh Clark
(Група Pro - 1)

Поруке: 6667
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2031 послано Jан 15 2017, 13:19:18 Цитирај 
Not sure how many would agree, but could we have it so that we're sent to the post we have edited after editing a post, rather than the last post in the thread?
Miel Soeterbroek
(Група Pro - 12)

Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #2032 послано Jан 18 2017, 15:14:13 Цитирај 
Am the only one having trouble with the name "Friend" list?

Sure, there's a few people on there that could - with some creativity - be called friends. Maybe.

However, most of the people on there are, mildly put, those i'd gladly wish a start accident upon.

"Nemesis Catalog" or "Foe directory" seems more appropriate :)
Sam Wainwright
(Група Master - 4)

Поруке: 2843
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2033 послано Jан 18 2017, 15:16:19 Цитирај 
Man I'm not putting you on my friend list.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Група Pro - 12)

Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2034 послано Jан 18 2017, 15:17:28 Цитирај 
Quote ( Sam Wainwright @ January 18th 2017,15:16:19 )

Man I'm not putting you on my friend list.

You just landed yourself a spot on mine. *evil grin*
Luke Frost
(Група Pro - 11)

Поруке: 11111
  Држава:
Аустралија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2035 послано Jан 19 2017, 06:45:33 Цитирај 
Why is there a limit on friends list? :o
Perry Christensen
(Група Rookie - 201)

Поруке: 341
  Држава:
Данска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (7)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #2036 послано Jан 19 2017, 06:48:49 Цитирај 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ January 19th 2017,06:45:33 )

You need to have at least 1 friend. No friends = no list ;)
Mike Brummert
(Група Pro - 2)

Поруке: 5012
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2037 послано Jан 19 2017, 06:50:28 Цитирај 
Ah, the old upper vs lower limit joke. Nice.
Luke Frost
(Група Pro - 11)

Поруке: 11111
  Држава:
Аустралија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2038 послано Jан 19 2017, 06:54:40 Цитирај 
Quote ( Perry Christensen @ January 19th 2017,06:48:49 )

Lol

I don't even have a comeback for this.

Stop it :D
Daniel Douglas
(Група Pro - 3)

Поруке: 3806
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2039 послано Jан 19 2017, 07:56:18 (последња промена Jан 19 2017, 07:56:30 од Daniel Douglas) Цитирај 
Quote ( Perry Christensen @ January 19th 2017,06:48:49 )

Wouldnt that actually be "you have to have at least 2 friends. 1 friend = friend list, no friends = no list"
Jon Day
(Група Amateur - 3)

Поруке: 10019
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2040 послано Jан 24 2017, 19:58:30 (последња промена Jан 24 2017, 20:03:30 од Jon Day) Цитирај 
On the race screen, in the "friends and "team" tabs. would it be possible to add what tyres people are starting on?
Obviously for 95% of the races it would be a given, but it would make my searches a lot easier when the weather % is like it is tonight.

Obviously its not a major thing, all things considered. But it would be a nice addition
Страна « 1 2 3 ... 67 [6869 ... 191 192 193 » Иди на страну:

Одговори