Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > General forum > USA Livery thread (formerly There is no USA Livery!) Додај ову тему на листу игнорисаних Додај ову тему на листу праћених
Страна « 1 2 3 ... 6 [78 ... 10 11 12 » Иди на страну:
Аутор Тема: USA Livery thread (formerly There is no USA Livery!) 347 одговора
John Stovall
(Група Amateur - 39)

Поруке: 891
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (4)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #181 послано Maј 2 2018, 00:17:35 Цитирај 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ May 1st 2018,23:42:56 )

Quote ( Shane Goeb @ April 28th 2018,20:19:43 )

The US is not a democracy (never was) it’s a Republic. Quote ( John Stovall @ May 1st 2018,23:28:10 )

We're a Republic, not a Democracy.

Ignoring the fact that a republic is a form of democracy (a representative democracy, to be specific) so claims of "not a democracy" show a lack of understanding of the term democracy, I can't see how the context of what I said could possibly be misconstrued in any way as talking about your exact system of government when it was a clear joke to someone saying that no vote was required on the back of his personal approval (which would be undemocratic, or even dictatorial :p)

If you're going to try and pull apart a joke guys, at least try and get some context and facts correct. :)

I can see how you can be confused, because "democracy" is used as a type and a form of government. You're not the first to misapply the term; that goes to Woodrow Wilson - a flippin' idiot. The Founding Fathers never mixed the two words, Republic and Democracy; and as Barack Obama said, "Words have meaning". Alexander Hamilton, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, James Madison, and John Adams all made it very clear that the USA is a Republic and was never a Democracy and they are two very different things.

But you are free to think anything you'd like. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Daniel Mason
(Група Amateur - 83)

Поруке: 5215
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #182 послано Maј 2 2018, 01:04:48 Цитирај 
World War Livery carries on with heated debate over the correct term of the U.S. government system. Man this is entertainment at its finest.

Jed Lilly
(Група Master - 1)

Поруке: 21446
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #183 послано Maј 2 2018, 01:14:44 Цитирај 

The US is not a democracy

Is that why the guy with 3 million fewer votes is now the big cheese?
Kieran Taylor
(Група Rookie - 157)

Поруке: 431
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #184 послано Maј 2 2018, 01:37:48 Цитирај 
what we voting on here? sorry its a republic, what is my representative voting for on my behalf? lol

not sure how "World War Livery" started but here is my grenade
(trust an American to call something only they compete in world ;)

Republic means "Public Thing" and Democracy means "Rule of the People" I think you will find that one is not necessarily the other but the US has aspects of both. (obviously I'm aware of the more intricate nature of both before anyone says owt)

the soviet union & Peoples Republic of China also fell/fall within both these categories, granted most people will be blind to all forms of democracy!
David Pence
(Група Rookie - 22)

Поруке: 39
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #185 послано Maј 2 2018, 01:37:53 Цитирај 
Quote ( Jed Lilly @ May 2nd 2018,01:14:44 )

The US is not a democracy

Is that why the guy with 3 million fewer votes is now the big cheese?

No, actually, it's because it is a Republic, the guy with 3 million fewer votes is the big cheese. In a democracy, he would not have won.

Kieran Taylor
(Група Rookie - 157)

Поруке: 431
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #186 послано Maј 2 2018, 02:05:02 Цитирај 
Quote ( David Pence @ May 2nd 2018,01:37:53 )

No, actually, it's because it is a Republic, the guy with 3 million fewer votes is the big cheese. In a democracy, he would not have won.

that's not true, is it?

the UK is a Democracy but in a first past the post representative system someone with less total votes could still win and we are a Monarchy not a Republic (although we were a republic under Cromwell but Democracy was suspended at this time)
Tom Byrne
(Група Amateur - 55)

Поруке: 245
  Држава:
Аустралија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #187 послано Maј 2 2018, 02:07:38 Цитирај 
Democracy means people get votes. Republic means you elect your own head of state.
David Pence
(Група Rookie - 22)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #188 послано Maј 2 2018, 02:13:17 Цитирај 
In this country, our Electorial College elects our Head of State. The peoples vote is only to influence their decision. This is a Republic. Love discussions.

Ken Neihart
(Група Amateur - 101)

Поруке: 1633
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (4)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #189 послано Maј 2 2018, 04:41:06 Цитирај 
Electoral College is to assure New York and California do not speak for the other 48 states.

Rocco Stallone
(Група Amateur - 37)

Поруке: 3130
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #190 послано Maј 2 2018, 04:43:05 (последња промена Maј 2 2018, 04:54:13 од Rocco Stallone) Цитирај 
"And to the republic for which it stands"

I'm going to stop now just to be safe..

e-just to clarify. I was just quoting the pledge to demonstrate it does in fact, say: "republic".
Joe Johnson
(Група Amateur - 48)

Поруке: 37
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #191 послано Maј 2 2018, 04:48:47 (последња промена Maј 2 2018, 04:49:40 од Joe Johnson) Цитирај 
jesus....just activate the damn livery. The threads over a year old. There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO chance the majority of American players would vote on or agree to a livery. The livery looks fine as is. Move on to the other nations.
Shane Goeb
(Група Amateur - 47)

Поруке: 250
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #192 послано Maј 2 2018, 05:16:07 Цитирај 
Quote ( Joe Johnson @ May 2nd 2018,04:48:47 )

jesus....just activate the damn livery. The threads over a year old. There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO chance the majority of American players would vote on or agree to a livery. The livery looks fine as is. Move on to the other nations.

I agree completely. Mauro’s has the majority votes of the people who’ve cared over the last week. That should be all that’s needed. There’ve been 3 races since that first one. I count 10-2-2. Let’s get it activated already.
Mauro Saccoccia
(Група Amateur - 35)

Поруке: 1062
  Држава:
Италија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #193 послано Maј 2 2018, 05:16:48 Цитирај 
you r worst than italians :D
Mauro Saccoccia
(Група Amateur - 35)

Поруке: 1062
  Држава:
Италија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #194 послано Maј 2 2018, 05:22:56 (последња промена Maј 4 2018, 10:21:42 од Kevin Parkinson) Цитирај 
just to sum up and to create some other discussion :D
there are 2 options now:

1- https://s20.postimg.cc/vqhdiq4yl/USA01.jpg

2- https://s20.postimg.cc/jpnr4isul/USAmod_Shawn01.jpg

---

MOD EDIT...

For comparison at race screen size...

Option 1: /Legend.asp?curl=https://s20...

Option 2: /Legend.asp?curl=https://s20...

David Pence
(Група Rookie - 22)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #195 послано Maј 2 2018, 06:14:10 Цитирај 
The second one actually makes that front wing stand out better on the car. I like them both and will go with whatever the majority wants. Vote cast :)

Daniel Mason
(Група Amateur - 83)

Поруке: 5215
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #196 послано Maј 2 2018, 07:32:17 Цитирај 
Quote ( Kieran Taylor @ May 2nd 2018,01:37:48 )

not sure how "World War Livery" started

Are you sure about that?

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=27936&PostId=4310266#post4310266

Feigning innocence is not a good look for you, Mr. Taylor.

Quote ( David Pence @ May 2nd 2018,02:13:17 )

In this country, our Electorial College elects our Head of State. The peoples vote is only to influence their decision. This is a Republic. Love discussions.

Normally, this is where my anarchist views would come to the forefront and wipe the floor with this; however, I will say simply this: our presidents are not elected, the Electoral College is not influenced by votes. Nay, they are chosen by the established order as mere puppets, doing the bidding of their masters while those too blind to notice pretend like this is completely normal. I'll stop there before I draw the ire of the establishment within our own GPRO.
Ken Neihart
(Група Amateur - 101)

Поруке: 1633
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #197 послано Maј 2 2018, 07:41:36 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mauro Saccoccia @ May 2nd 2018,05:22:56 )

there are 2 options now:

Like them both. I was going to post one of my old liveries, but not after seeing yours ;)

I vote the first.
Brad Marshall1
(Група Amateur - 9)

Поруке: 526
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #198 послано Maј 2 2018, 07:52:41 Цитирај 
Please keep this thread going for eternity.
Kevin Parkinson
(Група Retired)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 14356
  Држава:
Шкотска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #199 послано Maј 2 2018, 08:46:09 Цитирај 
Quote ( John Stovall @ May 2nd 2018,00:17:35 )

I can see how you can be confused, because "democracy" is used as a type and a form of government. You're not the first to misapply the term

/o\

I did not misapply the term. I did not claim at any point that the US was not a republic. I did not ever reference what the exact form of government in the US was (of course it is a Republic - which is a form of representative democracy, by definition, but that's hardly the point as I have never referred to your type of government /o\). And I'm certainly not confused.

To claim confusion on my part or wrongly using the term democracy does, as I've already said, show a total lack of understanding of the term on your part. Unless you are trying to claim that the only possibly use of the word democracy is to mean a specific form of government (which would be laughable and any dictionary or web search would show you that), then I've no idea why you are going on about what you are, as it's nothing to do with the joke I first made when I used the word /o\

I'm away to bang my head off a wall while you guys pick a livery (hopefully the classy first one Mauro made and not that tacky-as-hell second one that even its creator hates and described it perfectly as "Apollo Creed's car" :p).
Jon Day
(Група Rookie - 162)

Поруке: 10019
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #200 послано Maј 2 2018, 11:09:56 (последња промена Maј 2 2018, 11:12:33 од Jon Day) Цитирај 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ May 2nd 2018,08:46:09 )

I did not claim at any point that the US was not a republic..
Yeah you did!

Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ May 1st 2018,23:45:33 )

I dont care what anyone says, the USA which is in America, is not a republic!! And if I'm wrong I'll shave my head and post a picture of me looking like a giant Mini Me!

See?

P.s Liveries are great! but just not as great as guitars!
Kendall Mulvany
(Група Rookie - 102)

Поруке: 25
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #201 послано Maј 2 2018, 12:57:08 Цитирај 
Number 2 for me
Shane Goeb
(Група Amateur - 47)

Поруке: 250
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #202 послано Maј 2 2018, 20:09:03 Цитирај 
I also like them both, I think the second one looks better though.
John Stovall
(Група Amateur - 39)

Поруке: 891
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #203 послано Maј 2 2018, 21:19:53 Цитирај 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ May 2nd 2018,08:46:09 )

Quote ( John Stovall @ May 2nd 2018,00:17:35 )

I can see how you can be confused, because "democracy" is used as a type and a form of government. You're not the first to misapply the term

/o\

I did not misapply the term. I did not claim at any point that the US was not a republic. I did not ever reference what the exact form of government in the US was (of course it is a Republic - which is a form of representative democracy, by definition, but that's hardly the point as I have never referred to your type of government /o\). And I'm certainly not confused.

To claim confusion on my part or wrongly using the term democracy does, as I've already said, show a total lack of understanding of the term on your part. Unless you are trying to claim that the only possibly use of the word democracy is to mean a specific form of government (which would be laughable and any dictionary or web search would show you that), then I've no idea why you are going on about what you are, as it's nothing to do with the joke I first made when I used the word /o\

I'm away to bang my head off a wall while you guys pick a livery (hopefully the classy first one Mauro made and not that tacky-as-hell second one that even its creator hates and described it perfectly as "Apollo Creed's car" :p).

As I wrote, "words have meaning", and the Founding Fathers of the USA - who wrote the US Constitution - were very clear in their distinction between a Democracy and a Republic. Unlike some countries, the US Constitution is written down so we can still read them today; just like many of their thoughts and reasoning's. I believe I will go with their interpretations rather than yours. Thanks.
Stephen Brooks
(Група Pro - 21)

Поруке: 686
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #204 послано Maј 2 2018, 21:27:18 (последња промена Maј 2 2018, 21:32:26 од Stephen Brooks) Цитирај 
As I already stated, #2 for me.

since we are discussing politics... The US is in reality a Plutocracy.

Kevin Parkinson
(Група Retired)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 14356
  Држава:
Шкотска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #205 послано Maј 2 2018, 22:00:51 Цитирај 
Quote ( John Stovall @ May 2nd 2018,21:19:53 )

As I wrote, "words have meaning", and the Founding Fathers of the USA - who wrote the US Constitution - were very clear in their distinction between a Democracy and a Republic. Unlike some countries, the US Constitution is written down so we can still read them today; just like many of their thoughts and reasoning's. I believe I will go with their interpretations rather than yours. Thanks.

Shawn McCool
(Група Amateur - 47)

Поруке: 233
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #206 послано Maј 3 2018, 14:31:53 Цитирај 
Quote ( Stephen Brooks @ May 2nd 2018,21:27:18 )

Plutocracy

it isnt just the USA, but the whole world is.... them that rule the world. and they will sink the ship before they just hand over control. you can bet you a$$ on that.
Shawn McCool
(Група Amateur - 47)

Поруке: 233
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #207 послано Maј 3 2018, 14:33:46 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mauro Saccoccia @ May 2nd 2018,05:22:56 )

there are 2 options now:

1- https://s20.postimg.cc/vqhdiq4yl/USA01.jpg

2- https://s20.postimg.cc/jpnr4isul/USAmod_Shawn01.jpg

I am obviously bias, I like #2
Alan Snyder
(Група Amateur - 81)

Поруке: 1505
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #208 послано Maј 3 2018, 15:07:08 Цитирај 
I'm in favor of Option #2.
Alan Snyder
(Група Amateur - 81)

Поруке: 1505
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #209 послано Maј 3 2018, 15:09:23 Цитирај 
Quote ( Jon Day @ May 2nd 2018,11:09:56 )

Liveries are great! but just not as great as guitars!

Guitars!
Michael Henderson
(Група Rookie - 157)

Поруке: 1
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #210 послано Maј 3 2018, 15:33:39 Цитирај 
They both look great, but I prefer #2!
Страна « 1 2 3 ... 6 [78 ... 10 11 12 » Иди на страну:
Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > General forum > USA Livery thread (formerly There is no USA Livery!) Додај ову тему на листу игнорисаних Додај ову тему на листу праћених

Одговори