Josh Clark
(Група Master - 4)

Поруке: 6667
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #61 послано Maј 13 2020, 15:43:13 Цитирај 
Quote ( Martti Kaasik @ May 13th 2020,12:48:08 )

If Sainz does leave McLaren for Maranello, another driver on the Ferrari shortlist – Daniel Ricciardo – is believed to be one of the preferred options to replace him at McLaren.

This is what I've heard. Quite a few unofficial sources are posting it's as good as a done deal. Probably very rumour-based but an exciting prospect.

I wonder what that means for the #1 Renault seat?

Quote ( Samuel Arthur @ May 13th 2020,12:27:01 )

I think that with Sebastian Vettel possibly going to Aston Martin next season

This was my first though too. However there's a possibility he can fill that Renault seat. Another possibility is Mercedes loan another driver to Renault and get Russell to partner Ocon. A third, more likely option I think would be to give Hulk his seat back. But there are many Renault juniors wanting their turn as well, so a lot of options to go through for them.
Lee Ifans
(Група Pro - 3)

Поруке: 3674
  Држава:
Венецуела 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #62 послано Maј 13 2020, 19:37:19 Цитирај 
Looks like Ricciardo to McLaren is done as well so we can go straight to who's gonna get the Renault seat!
Romain Lebreton
(Група Rookie - 162)

Поруке: 107
  Држава:
Француска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #63 послано Maј 13 2020, 19:45:32 Цитирај 
Seems that this Renault seat is for Alonso ! Would be a nice come back 12 years later
Lee Ifans
(Група Pro - 3)

Држава:
Венецуела 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #64 послано Maј 13 2020, 19:56:34 Цитирај 
Could Guanyu Zhou be in with a shout?
Amitesh Patnaik
(Група Rookie - 52)

Поруке: 464
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #65 послано Maј 13 2020, 20:14:54 Цитирај 
Now that it seems that Sainz is the more likely candidate for Ferrari. And I find it hard to believe that Ricciardo would jump to McLaren.
What do you guys think about the possibility of Ricciardo moving to Mercedes?
Josh Clark
(Група Master - 4)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #66 послано Maј 13 2020, 20:19:49 (последња промена Maј 13 2020, 20:22:41 од Josh Clark) Цитирај 
Quote ( Lee Ifans @ May 13th 2020,19:56:34 )

Could Guanyu Zhou be in with a shout?

I think it hinges on the financial capability of Renault after the income drought this season. If they can afford him, they will absolutely be negotiating with Vettel. I think Alonso is a questionable but possible option, and Hulk will be a likely safe choice.

Cheaper contracts like Zhou or Lundgaard will be for if they're hit hard like most midfield teams will be by the 2020 season. But the driver market is wide open for 2021...

The only drivers contractually not on the market next season are:
Leclerc - Ferrari
Verstappen - RBR
Ocon - Renault
Perez - Racing Point/Aston Martin
Russell - Williams

We can probably say that these contracts are also pretty certain at the moment (providing no teams leave):
Hamilton - Mercedes
Albon - RBR
Sainz - Ferrari
Ricciardo - McLaren
Norris - McLaren
Stroll - Racing Point/Aston Martin
Gasly - Alpha Tauri
Kvyat - Alpha Tauri
Giovinazzi - Alpha Romeo
Raikkonen - Alpha Romeo
Latifi - Williams

So really there aren't many drivers on the grid currently who you can link to any seat. Maybe Mercedes play a swap with Ocon/Bottas for their loan to Renault? Maybe Vettel goes to Mercedes?

Perhaps Renault opt for Raikkonen if Ferrari decide to put Fuoco in the 2nd Alpha car?
Marcelo Ascencio
(Група Pro - 15)

Поруке: 6153
  Држава:
Аргентина 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #67 послано Maј 13 2020, 20:34:45 (последња промена Maј 13 2020, 20:39:46 од Marcelo Ascencio) Цитирај 
Stroll, he may not have a contract. but what are the odds he leaves the team?

Also, Is Russell a Williams driver? or is he under a Mercedes Contract for Williams?
Martti Kaasik
(Група Amateur - 1)

Поруке: 1223
  Држава:
Естонија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #68 послано Maј 13 2020, 22:59:09 Цитирај 
Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ May 13th 2020,20:34:45 )

Stroll, he may not have a contract. but what are the odds he leaves the team?
As long as his daddy believes his son can drive I don't see him going anywhere else...

Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ May 13th 2020,20:34:45 )

Also, Is Russell a Williams driver? or is he under a Mercedes Contract for Williams?
Russell is still under Mercedes contract as far as I know... He was one possibility to change Bottas last season.
Stuart Foster
(Група Amateur - 49)

Поруке: 12459
  Држава:
Велс 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #69 послано Maј 13 2020, 23:04:55 (последња промена Maј 13 2020, 23:05:39 од Stuart Foster) Цитирај 
Quote ( Amitesh Patnaik @ May 13th 2020,20:14:54 )

I find it hard to believe that Ricciardo would jump to McLaren.

Well, McLaren have been moving forward, and switch to Mercedes engine next year I believe. Could be worth a last throw of the dice for him. Can't see him likely to win a race for Renault sooner than he might for McLaren. At his age (nearly 30?) I'd say McLaren is a better option than Renault. I'd like to say a world title, but not likely when McLaren will be number 2 Mercedes team. They could win races tho. :)

I personally think ;

Sainz to Ferrari
Ricciardo to McLaren
Bottas given the boot out of Mercedes...maybe he goes to Renault.
Vettel goes to Mercedes

Luke Frost
(Група Rookie - 11)

Поруке: 11111
  Држава:
Аустралија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #70 послано Maј 13 2020, 23:17:45 Цитирај 
It's hard to tell whether Ricciardo will ultimately make the best choice for the end of his career. I wish he could have a car capable of winning the title. Whenever he's had a car that's within x amount of time as Mercedes, he's stolen plenty of wins off them. Imo only him & Verstappen have a chance of beating Hamilton in the same car and i guess that's why they're both not getting the deal :(
Stuart Foster
(Група Amateur - 49)

Држава:
Велс 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #71 послано Maј 13 2020, 23:36:34 (последња промена Maј 13 2020, 23:40:10 од Stuart Foster) Цитирај 
If I was Mercedes I'd personally rather have Ricciardo in their car than either Bottas or Vettel. But...they would probably feel the latter work better for them for obvious reasons (one is a clear and happy number 2 driver, the other being German). I don't see how Ricciardo has a bigger move on offer than McLaren. He had all the cards a couple years ago. Sad to say, but history will rank him as a big time charlie. He'd rather prat about with sky tv cameras and drink out of a shoe for third place. Lack of focus and a bad PR/management company behind him have cost him the chance of a great career. His charisma is unquestionable. The dedication required to be a champion probably is. I like him tho.
Sergio Lillo
(Група Rookie - 19)

Поруке: 15
  Држава:
Шпанија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #72 послано Maј 13 2020, 23:57:37 Цитирај 

Quote ( Stuart Foster @ May 13th 2020,23:04:55 )

Quote ( Amitesh Patnaik @ May 13th 2020,20:14:54 )

Vettel goes to Mercedes

I don't think that is going to happen, because we all know what happened in 2007 between Hamilton and Alonso
Luke Frost
(Група Rookie - 11)

Поруке: 11111
  Држава:
Аустралија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #73 послано Maј 14 2020, 00:24:52 (последња промена Maј 14 2020, 00:25:49 од Luke Frost) Цитирај 
Quote ( Sergio Lillo @ May 13th 2020,23:57:37 )

I don't think that is going to happen, because we all know what happened in 2007 between Hamilton and Alonso

Oh ya, the media would find every reason possible to make Vettel the big villain and cause tension between them. But Lewis nowadays wouldn't bite, neither would Vettel. I think they know the media has a goal to incite hate so they get more clicks...

If only Lewis & Fernando ignored the media, they would've had a better season IMO.
Martti Kaasik
(Група Amateur - 1)

Поруке: 1223
  Држава:
Естонија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #74 послано Maј 14 2020, 00:39:44 Цитирај 
There will not be strong driver next to Hamilton... There vere problems already with Rossberg and I think Vettel, Ricciardo and Verstappen are better than Rossberg(I actually like Nico a lot) so would like their chance for title as well. So if Bottas would leave they would have to find some one else willing to be nr 2 even if Mercedes don't say it out loud.
Also seems Mercedes is driven by braking all records. So now they will need for Hamilton win 2 more to beat Schumacher.
Josh Clark
(Група Master - 4)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #75 послано Maј 14 2020, 00:51:12 Цитирај 
Both Hamilton and Toto have said they are intrigued by the availability of Vettel at the moment, I don't think either would be against him joining. Hamilton might be an overly agressive team mate when challenged, but I think he has the most respect for Vettel out of anyone on the grid.
Takis Sant
(Група Amateur - 22)

Поруке: 8
  Држава:
Грчка 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #76 послано Maј 14 2020, 01:10:00 Цитирај 
i dont believe that this scenario to go vettel to mercedes are possible...for many reason but i want to stay on 2 of them..

1.because vettel must accept to be have the n2 status in the team...
and 2.i dont think mercedes gives another big salary to have vettel in the team.

..if the numbers are correct hamilton now have a 50-60 millions euro per season and vettel close to 40-45 millions.

so this means if mercedes want this 2 men for their lineup must gives 100+ millions salary...

and us we know now all the world are under the economical pressure of covid-19 crisis and f1 world too..so the numbers are against this scenario...
Jaime Elizondo
(Група Rookie - 33)

Поруке: 1457
  Држава:
Мексико 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #77 послано Maј 14 2020, 01:18:17 Цитирај 
I think Mercedes will make a run for Vettel, they've been characterised on this stint in F1 by having champions, and they couldn't get a better one available than a german 4 time world champion.

As for Hamilton, the dude is just a competitor, I don't think he's scared of anyone of the current or future drivers but Verstappen, so I'm confident that there's no veto on Vettel.

In the end I think he won't mind, he's said in the past he doesn't care who they put alongside and he'll probably retire Vettel as he had retired other drivers in the past so it's a win as brand for a couple of years of having the two most winningest drivers active and in the meantine you let Russell keep developing to take the Vettel seat in 2022.
Remember Toto really likes this George guy.

Cameron Halsall
(Група Amateur - 25)

Поруке: 1104
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #78 послано Maј 14 2020, 02:03:18 Цитирај 
It's silly season already and the season hasn't even started? Time to over hype all of the drivers involved and watch as the media asks impertinent questions, denying the drivers from actually getting on with what they do best.
Marcelo Ascencio
(Група Pro - 15)

Поруке: 6153
  Држава:
Аргентина 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #79 послано Maј 14 2020, 02:30:35 Цитирај 
Vettel rejects McLaren

“The four-time world champion from Germany does not want to do any development work in the autumn of his career and wait three years to get back into a winning car. This is the time the British team claims to need to get back on the winning road with the Mercedes engines (from 2021). This is what Vettel shared with McLaren today” reports F1-insider.
Daniel Douglas
(Група Master - 5)

Поруке: 3806
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #80 послано Maј 14 2020, 06:17:31 (последња промена Maј 14 2020, 06:19:55 од Daniel Douglas) Цитирај 
Don't know where he thinks he can go?

If he doesn't want to do any development work, then mercedes would be his only option.

The only way I see him at Mercedes is if Lewis retires. I mean it could happen a Hamilton and Vettel team up, but I just can't see Mercedes taking on two big salaried drivers and risking another season with teammates infighting, which is sure to happen with those two and their egos.

Plus, Vettel has pretty much proven that he cannot perform in anything except a very high downforce setup (RedBull). The low rake design of merc, favoring high speed instead of high downforce definitely does not play into Vettel's strong suits.
Ali İhsan Umutlu
(Група Amateur - 11)

Поруке: 168
  Држава:
Турска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #81 послано Maј 14 2020, 11:19:34 Цитирај 
And the expected news has arrived. Officially agreed with Ricciardo Mclaren team.
Amitesh Patnaik
(Група Rookie - 52)

Поруке: 464
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #82 послано Maј 14 2020, 11:31:58 Цитирај 
It is Official!!! RICCIARDO TO MCLAREN!!!
Ali İhsan Umutlu
(Група Amateur - 11)

Поруке: 168
  Држава:
Турска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #83 послано Maј 14 2020, 11:44:21 Цитирај 
BREAKING: Carlos Sainz joins Ferrari for 2021

Peter Willmore
(Група Amateur - 13)

Поруке: 3616
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #84 послано Maј 14 2020, 11:50:30 Цитирај 
Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ May 14th 2020,02:30:35 )

Vettel rejects McLaren

Glad about this, much prefer Ricciardo for the seat anyhows and would of been a giant waste of cash for Mclaren on Vettel
James Keeble
(Група Rookie - 83)

Поруке: 3264
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #85 послано Maј 14 2020, 12:03:48 Цитирај 
vettel is old hat!
Josh Clark
(Група Master - 4)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #86 послано Maј 14 2020, 16:01:31 Цитирај 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ May 14th 2020,06:17:31 )

Plus, Vettel has pretty much proven that he cannot perform in anything except a very high downforce setup (RedBull). The low rake design of merc, favoring high speed instead of high downforce definitely does not play into Vettel's strong suits.

Dunno about that. Last season Mercedes had the number on anyone in the low-mid speed corners and Ferrari were the kings on the straights. Red Bull still look extremely competitive in the high-speed corners but I'd give Mercedes props for their aero and chassis, particularly in tracks like Suzuka and Hungaroring.

Vettel though, it's unfair to say he's only capable in a high downforce setup. The only times he's looked comfortable in the turbo-hybrid era were the 2017 and 2018 Ferraris, both of which had very planted front ends. And yeah he was made to look pretty average by leclerc in last season's low downforce setup. But more than anything he seems great at finding the limits of the tyres, so looks best in a sticky car, and any car that can get on top of their tyre temps. I think he'd have loved the 2019 Mercedes

But above anything, cars do change a lot from season to season, and the rule change in 2022 now I think wipes any performance preferences off the table for any driver.

Whether Mercedes spend on him though is another question. Mercedes were willing to ramp up their offer to retain Hamilton another season in case Ferrari wanted him, but now that there's nowhere left for Hamilton to go maybe they put that spare cash in vettels pocket...
Lee Ifans
(Група Pro - 3)

Држава:
Венецуела 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #87 послано Maј 14 2020, 16:18:34 Цитирај 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvJEmnHnG1U

Love this guy.
Jaime Elizondo
(Група Rookie - 33)

Поруке: 1457
  Држава:
Мексико 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #88 послано Maј 14 2020, 16:19:35 Цитирај 
Quote ( Josh Clark @ May 14th 2020,16:01:31 )

Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ May 14th 2020,06:17:31 )

Dunno about that. Last season Mercedes had the number on anyone in the low-mid speed corners and Ferrari were the kings on the straights. Red Bull still look extremely competitive in the high-speed corners but I'd give Mercedes props for their aero and chassis, particularly in tracks like Suzuka and Hungaroring.

Vettel though, it's unfair to say he's only capable in a high downforce setup. The only times he's looked comfortable in the turbo-hybrid era were the 2017 and 2018 Ferraris, both of which had very planted front ends. And yeah he was made to look pretty average by leclerc in last season's low downforce setup. But more than anything he seems great at finding the limits of the tyres, so looks best in a sticky car, and any car that can get on top of their tyre temps. I think he'd have loved the 2019 Mercedes

But above anything, cars do change a lot from season to season, and the rule change in 2022 now I think wipes any performance preferences off the table for any driver.

Whether Mercedes spend on him though is another question. Mercedes were willing to ramp up their offer to retain Hamilton another season in case Ferrari wanted him, but now that there's nowhere left for Hamilton to go maybe they put that spare cash in vettels pocket...

Yeah, it's an interesting decision for Mercedes, I'm sure corporate is pushing for Vettel, but how much you compromise that's the point.
They surely have the exact numbers, but if Bottas earns 8M per year and you pay Vettel 20M, that 12M difference can easily be paid with thr advertising they're going to get and the souvenir surplus they're going to get from having Vettel instead of Bottas.

I don't think money is going to be the problem, it's just a matter of how the team will handle two world champions.

Matthew Dunn
(Група Amateur - 50)

Поруке: 74
  Држава:
Француска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #89 послано Maј 14 2020, 16:20:00 Цитирај 
daniel ricciardo and lando Norris as a pair at McLaren from 2021, very happy right now, 2 face drivers at fave team
Stuart Foster
(Група Amateur - 49)

Држава:
Велс 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #90 послано Maј 14 2020, 23:22:47 Цитирај 
Even if Mercedes may not sign Vettel, rest assured that given Hamilton's contract ends this year and has not yet agreed on a new deal, Mercedes will surely use the situation to their advantage to at least make sure Hamilton is aware that if his demands are huge, they've an alternative option. Perhaps they could use that to at least ensure his salary is not as large as what it might be without Vettel's availability. Then. if they believe they negotiated a good deal with extending Hamilton, I' don't think its out of the question that Mercedes would replace Bottas. To put it in context, Bottas is paid almost 10m a year. I read somewhere that Vettel was expected to take quite a cut at Ferrari had negotiations taken place with him staying there.

If Mercedes use Vettel to get maximum leverage on Hamilton's salary, that could allow them to boot out Bottas and replace them with Vettel. It's just something worth thinking about. Yes, it might be of some risk to put Hamilton and Vettel together, but the people in power at Mercedes will be very keen on the idea of Vettel racing for them. He'd be of far more worth to them than Bottas, and any extra salary it might cost them above what the Finn is currently paid could quite easily be counter-balanced by the more marketable Vettel and the leverage they might get from using him as bait to lower Hamilton's demands.

It will be interesting to see how it develops. I would not be surprised to see Bottas racing at Renault next season though.

Страна « 1 2 [34 ... 22 23 24 » Иди на страну:

Одговори