Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Поруке: 12503
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #361 послано Mарт 23 2020, 05:21:05 Цитирај 
Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ March 23rd 2020,04:42:05 )

Apparently WHO no longer recommends against Ibuprofen

source ?

since that is OTC drug

as is Paracetamol

Paul Little, a professor of primary care research at the University of Southampton

Should someone suffering from coronavirus with only ibuprofen in their bathroom cabinet grit their teeth and make do without? Little said despite the concerns, it would be reasonable to use ibuprofen as a last resort. For instance, if you were struggling to sleep, since getting enough rest is also important for recovery.

“If you’re desperate, particularly if you couldn’t get to sleep at night,then I’d take one,” he said. Otherwise, he recommended sweating it out or asking a friend or family member to post some paracetamol through the letterbox.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/16/health-experts...
Jasper Coosemans1
(Група Elite)

Поруке: 3021
  Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #362 послано Mарт 23 2020, 11:44:14 Цитирај 
Belgium closed all bars and restaurants Friday night 10 days ago, closed all non-essential shops and suspended all classes. This morning, authorities report +10% confirmed cases in the past 24 hours, whereas in the past two weeks it was always +20-25% per day. It's early days, but it's at least a sign that these measures actually help - in case anyone was still in doubt about that.
Thijs Rieken
(Група Amateur - 37)

Поруке: 1042
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #363 послано Mарт 23 2020, 11:47:46 Цитирај 
Belgium also closed a lot of roads across the borders with France and the Netherlands :D Dutch police seems to be a bit offended by it, but I think it's funny and doesn't hurt anyone.
Sébastien Boulanger
(Група Amateur - 59)

Поруке: 1190
  Држава:
Француска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #364 послано Mарт 23 2020, 12:06:50 Цитирај 
All europeans states are closing their borders but shengen space still open...

WTF ?

It's like if the virus haven't cross lands and can't... Nationalism...

Europe can't be able to work together to face this pandemic Coronavirus...

I'm at home with childs, the time is long (and this is the first week !)

Marcelo Ascencio
(Група Amateur - 91)

Поруке: 6153
  Држава:
Аргентина 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #365 послано Mарт 23 2020, 12:16:08 (последња промена Mарт 23 2020, 12:18:39 од Marcelo Ascencio) Цитирај 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ March 23rd 2020,05:21:05 )

Apparently WHO no longer recommends against Ibuprofen

source ?

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1240409217997189128

Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ March 23rd 2020,05:21:05 )

since that is OTC drug

as is Paracetamol

you could, of course, just take into consideration not to take more than the limit, as it is know for liver damage
Jasper Coosemans1
(Група Elite)

Поруке: 3021
  Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (5)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #366 послано Mарт 23 2020, 12:49:26 Цитирај 
Quote ( Sébastien Boulanger @ March 23rd 2020,12:06:50 )

All europeans states are closing their borders but shengen space still open...

WTF ?

It's like if the virus haven't cross lands and can't... Nationalism...

Europe can't be able to work together to face this pandemic Coronavirus...

I'm not a fan of shutting internal borders in the EU but there were was an issue where lots of French people still came to Belgium to do their regular shopping (it's normal, many products are cheaper). Not because they have bad intentions but because they are unaware of stricter measures in Belgium. Police fined a lot of people in the last few days but it was just too much work so in the end they barricaded all the small roads and are controlling the bigger ones. People are only allowed to come in if they work in an "essential profession" in Belgium.

About the EU not working together... healthcare is one of the areas where the member states (or at least some of them) have always said they wanted to keep doing it on their own. So we do it on our own. The EU has no authority in this.

I would be in favour of cooperation - for example, in the Netherlands the core of the outbreak is close to the Belgian border, and in that part of the country they are reaching the limits of hospital capacity. So they are transferring patients to other Dutch hospitals up north, while there are hospitals closer by, in Belgium, which are 'empty' because we have a larger capacity. If you ask me, those patients would be welcome here, it's the same virus for everyone. We discuss the money later.

And that's just in countries which are not seeing dramatic situations yet. I have a feeling Italian lives could have been saved by transferring some of their patients to neighbouring countries like France, Austria, Croatia. You move out those patients who are strong enough to be transported, so the weaker ones can receive more care. But indeed, there is no European cooperation when it comes to healthcare.
Bruno Machado
(Група Rookie - 7)

Поруке: 82
  Држава:
Португалија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #367 послано Mарт 23 2020, 13:11:24 Цитирај 
Portugal today:

2060 infected
460 new cases
24 deaths

The number os deaths are going up and up at the moment :|
Thijs Rieken
(Група Amateur - 37)

Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #368 послано Mарт 23 2020, 13:17:42 Цитирај 
Regarding Ibuprofen, there is no "no longer". WHO has never recommended against Ibuprofen as there have only been anecdotes rather than proof.
There is at least a half-decent theory behind the whole Ibu story, about increase ACE-2 levels and SARS-1 supposedly attaching to it.
And as with ALL drugs, just don't take them if you don't really need them and if you can make due with a variant that has less impact, always choose that one first.

I'd say better be safe than sorry.

Of course, Over The Counter status has nothing to do with this. There's plenty of stuff that you can get in stores that can kill you if you abuse it. OTC doesn't make something safe, especially in unforeseen situations like this.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #369 послано Mарт 23 2020, 13:33:48 (последња промена Mарт 23 2020, 13:34:20 од Mikko Heikkinen) Цитирај 
Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ March 23rd 2020,12:16:08 )

you could, of course, just take into consideration not to take more than the limit, as it is know for liver damage

That goes for everything, even vitamins can be can cause damage or even death when overdosed

I'm tempted to say that there's not a pill in this world which wouldn't be damaging when abused or used in a manner not intended
But obviously I can't say that^^ because I don't know every single pill in this world :)
Thijs Rieken
(Група Amateur - 37)

Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #370 послано Mарт 23 2020, 13:40:21 Цитирај 
I think you're safe there @Mikko Heikkinen (P13) , Any and every pill will cause damage if you shove one into your eyeballs :P
Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #371 послано Mарт 23 2020, 14:00:47 (последња промена Mарт 23 2020, 14:03:25 од Mikko Heikkinen) Цитирај 
;LMAO:

Thanks for the save :)
Michael Keeney
(Група Master - 3)

Поруке: 13519
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #372 послано Mарт 23 2020, 14:31:45 Цитирај 
Stay safe everyone! #lovetoyouall
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Група Elite)

Поруке: 4807
  Држава:
Турска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #373 послано Mарт 23 2020, 14:32:58 Цитирај 
<3
Ruben Ferreira
(Група Rookie - 36)

Поруке: 37
  Држава:
Јужна Африка 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #374 послано Mарт 23 2020, 16:45:25 (последња промена Mарт 23 2020, 16:47:04 од Ruben Ferreira) Цитирај 
Meanwhile in South Africa...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1241335417573650433

(Listen with sound!)
António Rebelo
(Група Amateur - 55)

Поруке: 4233
  Држава:
Португалија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #375 послано Mарт 23 2020, 18:28:44 Цитирај 
It that old?
Ruben Ferreira
(Група Rookie - 36)

Поруке: 37
  Држава:
Јужна Африка 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #376 послано Mарт 23 2020, 18:42:33 Цитирај 
Quote ( António Rebelo @ March 23rd 2020,18:28:44 )

It that old?

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2020-03-20-wat...

Our news outlets are saying 14th/15th March - so ya - last week

Roland Postle10
(Група Elite)

Поруке: 1855
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #377 послано Mарт 23 2020, 19:57:47 (последња промена Mарт 23 2020, 20:06:49 од Roland Postle) Цитирај 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ March 23rd 2020,11:44:14 )

This morning, authorities report +10% confirmed cases in the past 24 hours, whereas in the past two weeks it was always +20-25% per day. It's early days, but it's at least a sign that these measures actually help - in case anyone was still in doubt about that.

One day could be an anomaly. The Italy situation doesn't really make me optimistic. They're nearly 2 weeks in to nationwide lockdown and trend of new daily cases still rising. It's clearly having some effect in reducing the transmission rate but nowhere near the quenching Hubei achieved in the same time period. Ultimately if the rate of new cases keeps rising by even a fairly small factor (and assuming most of the population is actually susceptible to the virus) then a lot of us are going to get it, and most will still get it at a point in time when hospitals are completely overwhelmed.

More plausibly, governments and citizens will keep implementing and adhering to more and more drastic measures until we're all essentially doing what China did, just much later and with much greater loss of life.

Analysing this is also greatly complicated by cases exceeding testing capability. After that happens in each country (at least 2 weeks ago in the UK's case) the only reliable statistic we have to monitor the virus's spread is the fatality count which has at least a 2 to 3 week lag over initial infections.
Ioannis Dimitroglou4
(Група Elite)

Поруке: 2052
  Држава:
Грчка 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #378 послано Mарт 23 2020, 20:51:04 (последња промена Mарт 23 2020, 20:52:11 од Ioannis Dimitroglou) Цитирај 
Cases number is not reliable tool to assess spread of the virus in the society and death numbers as well as hospitalization number are more reliable.

However, these are also affected by the mean age of the population, commorbidities, health system, possibly climate etc.

As i see it, we need to give science and health systems more time to implement improvements to the hospitals (ICU units, more trained personel etc) and to find better therapeutic choices with current drugs as , i guess, new regimens will need several months if not even more before being available.

Weather may also help, we need more data from warmer climates, but not before May for Mediterranean level or June for UK level.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #379 послано Mарт 23 2020, 22:20:19 (последња промена Mарт 23 2020, 22:21:02 од Mikko Heikkinen) Цитирај 
Quote ( Ioannis Dimitroglou @ March 23rd 2020,20:51:04 )

Cases number is not reliable tool to assess spread of the virus in the society

How'bout this: In Russia, January 2020 statistics show 37% more cases of pneumonia than the corresponding time 2019, according to officials this has nothing to do with Corona

The intention is not to single out a country, just to point out that the reliability (or lack of reliability) of cases number depends highly on how the stats are made.
Stuart Foster
(Група Amateur - 49)

Поруке: 12459
  Држава:
Велс 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #380 послано Mарт 23 2020, 23:26:44 (последња промена Mарт 23 2020, 23:33:17 од Stuart Foster) Цитирај 
Are you saying the cases in Russia are misdiagnosed? or are you saying they're a deliberate cover up?

UK update :

As of now, only essential workers - Emergency services, health workers, social services, pharmacutical supplies, supermarket distribution and provision workers - are permitted to travel to a workplace. I guess manufacturing and other industry grinds to a halt then.

We must stay at home and leave only for essential food supplies (as few times possible) and once only for exercise. All gatherings above two are banned unless you live with them.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #381 послано Mарт 23 2020, 23:36:36 (последња промена Mарт 24 2020, 00:06:06 од Mikko Heikkinen) Цитирај 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ March 23rd 2020,23:26:44 )

Are you saying the cases in Russia are misdiagnosed?

No. I have no doubt of the competence of Russian doctors

Quote ( Stuart Foster @ March 23rd 2020,23:26:44 )

or are you saying they're a deliberate cover up?

That has such a negative tone to it, I wouldn't suggest such thing :P

However... I could say that there may be some "downplaying" going on

A patient might be diagnosed by a doctor and treated for it, but the statistics are made & released by officials (administrators of some level) and the stats may or may not correspond to the diagnose and treatment
Ivan Silva
(Група Master - 3)

Поруке: 5069
  Држава:
Португалија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #382 послано Mарт 24 2020, 00:15:56 Цитирај 
I know this might not even be related but have you noticed the ammount of registrations since people started to quarantine? /gb/Stats.asp?type=graphregistrations#scroll

Stuart Foster
(Група Amateur - 49)

Поруке: 12459
  Држава:
Велс 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (7)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #383 послано Mарт 24 2020, 01:21:21 Цитирај 
Wow.

One thing is for sure. Life as we know it, or knew it, will be changed forever from this.

Learn from yesterday, live for today...hope for tomorrow.

The economic fall-out is not something to consider at this point given the huge loss of life globally that is being experienced, but without question, I had enough doubt a few weeks back about the ability of our developed nations being able to find a smooth way out of the health crisis alone. The economic crisis will be even tougher. For all of us. We can only hope.

Stay positive folks. Stay home = save lives.
Lyee Chong
(Група Amateur - 61)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 1307
  Држава:
Малезија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (4)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #384 послано Mарт 24 2020, 01:28:54 (последња промена Mарт 24 2020, 01:29:12 од Lyee Chong) Цитирај 
Quote ( Javier Caceres @ March 21st 2020,12:36:19 )

People only understand real words.

THIS IS WW3, US AGAIN A VIRUS

Taking care of yourself is taking care of others.
It is the possibility that we all have to save the world, feel like a superhero, stay at home

#STAY AT HOME.
Well said.
I really cant find the difference between a world war and what we are having now, lock down, death of many human and economy, jobless and stay at home, factory/business burn down...
But I think we will win the war once the vaccine is found.
Ivan Kaunitz
(Група Rookie - 109)

Поруке: 716
  Држава:
Аргентина 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #385 послано Mарт 24 2020, 06:20:04 Цитирај 
no Nostradamus prophecy,who warned about a massive killer like this was Bill Gates and yes staying safe at home is the best move
Richard Carter
(Група Pro - 19)

Поруке: 317
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (6)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #386 послано Mарт 24 2020, 09:28:18 Цитирај 
Unfortunately a vaccine is going to take too long, so any hopes of us going back to normal soon due to a vaccine are misplaced I feel.

The only thing we can do for now is stay home if you can, look after your families. Wash your hands, don't touch your face.

Don't be an arsehole and buy loads of supplies.

We will survive. Infection rates will drop, deaths will drop. We will protect the vulnerable.

Derek Rainey
(Група Amateur - 62)

Поруке: 81
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (5)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #387 послано Mарт 24 2020, 09:41:32 Цитирај 
As probably one of the oldest players here (74yo in May) My wife and myself are quite worried as we both are at risk. I have had two heart attacks and have osteoarthritis as well as Vestibular neuritis and the wife has Parkinson's and Polymyalgia as well as osteoarthritis. We are both retired registered nurses.

Had to go shopping yesterday and it wasn't nice but whole family are in self isolation and second eldest son (45yo) was sent home from work a week ago but is on the mend now.

Please all act sensibly and do what our Government and NHS is telling you to do - #STAY AT HOME

Upeo Unaozidi
(Група Amateur - 15)

Поруке: 199
  Држава:
Кенија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #388 послано Mарт 24 2020, 10:01:24 Цитирај 

Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ March 23rd 2020,11:44:14 )

Belgium closed all bars and restaurants Friday night 10 days ago, closed all non-essential shops and suspended all classes. This morning, authorities report +10% confirmed cases in the past 24 hours, whereas in the past two weeks it was always +20-25% per day. It's early days, but it's at least a sign that these measures actually help - in case anyone was still in doubt about that.

Don't forget that the numbers we receive on sunday and monday are the weekend numbers. On sunday we receive the numbers from saturday and on monday we receive the numbers of sunday in Belgium, if I'm correct ?

As we have seen the last few weeks already those numbers are a lot lower then on other days, because of the fact that registrations aren't called in in time. Therefore I do expect the Belgian numbers to go up again today when we will get the numbers from monday.

But like you and all others I do hope them to be lower of course, because it would be a very small positive sign that some of the countermeasures do help. Although this is really hard to say after one or two days.

So fingers crossed that we will have lower numbers again today.
Akshay Dhole
(Група Master - 1)

Поруке: 210
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #389 послано Mарт 24 2020, 10:56:12 Цитирај 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ March 24th 2020,01:21:21 )

Wow.

One thing is for sure. Life as we know it, or knew it, will be changed forever from this.

Learn from yesterday, live for today...hope for tomorrow.

The economic fall-out is not something to consider at this point given the huge loss of life globally that is being experienced, but without question, I had enough doubt a few weeks back about the ability of our developed nations being able to find a smooth way out of the health crisis alone. The economic crisis will be even tougher. For all of us. We can only hope.

Stay positive folks. Stay home = save lives.

Best post of this topic so far... Thanks for the Positive note @Stuart Foster (A49)
without talking about virus.. its impact.. blah blah blah!

Time to understand/learn how can one live and be happy with minimum and required resources only.

Stay safe folks and spend as much time as you can with family
Cheers!!
Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #390 послано Mарт 24 2020, 11:13:41 Цитирај 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ March 24th 2020,01:21:21 )

he economic fall-out is not something to consider at this point given the huge loss of life globally that is being experienced,

But think of it this way, the world is saved now... flight traffic is significantly down, Greenpeace must be happy about this :)

although... some global warming might help with Corona, as the virus dislikes heat :P

(bad jokes attempt to lighten the mood)
Страна « 1 2 3 ... 12 [1314 15 16 17 » Иди на страну:

Одговори