(Група Rookie - 41)

Поруке: 10
  Држава:
Чешка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #1 послано Jул 25 2022, 23:59:27 Цитирај 
Hi,
please, how to make a simple calculator for calculating data in MS Excel?
thanks for the tips
Ilia Lilov
(Група Master - 1)

Поруке: 302
  Држава:
Бугарска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (5)   Не свиђа ми се (8)
Стара порука #2 послано Jул 26 2022, 00:37:46 Цитирај 
You install excel,
you put in formulas by selecting a cell and typing "="
Then it calculates things.
If you ask more specific questions, you can get more specific answers.
David Andrewartha
(Група Amateur - 38)

Поруке: 1430
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (8)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #3 послано Jул 26 2022, 00:54:08 Цитирај 

Quote ( Ilia Lilov @ July 26th 2022,00:37:46 )

If you ask more specific questions, you can get more specific answers.

Or you can wait a while Tomas and maybe someone won't give you such a smartass answer in the Newbie forum and might actually say something constructive and helpful.
Greg Starke
(Група Rookie - 5)

Поруке: 129
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4 послано Jул 26 2022, 01:13:13 Цитирај 
I would suggest joining a team or obtaining a mentor.

Providing direct calculations of any kind is technically against the rules as it is openly discussing game mechanics. Not allowed.

I will say that excel / google sheets is a good place to start - collect and organize your data and see what works for you and develop some regression analysis to create equations.

Joining a team will allow you access to a larger breadth of data! There are also some public data sources out there if you search!
Daryl Gee
(Група Amateur - 27)

Поруке: 4864
  Држава:
Јужна Африка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #5 послано Jул 26 2022, 01:32:06 Цитирај 
Quote ( Tomáš Stryja @ July 25th 2022,23:59:27 )

There isn't, really, if you need to ask this.

Is GPRO Organiser still a thing? Starting up, for me it was a great way to capture data that I had no idea how to use, and use data I had no idea how to capture.

Ken Neihart
(Група Amateur - 69)

Поруке: 1633
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (4)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #6 послано Jул 26 2022, 01:37:13 Цитирај 
Greg gave great advice, if only that was the OP's question. He didn't ask anything regarding "direct calculations" rather he asked how to setup a calc in excel

No foby in that.
David Andrewartha
(Група Amateur - 38)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #7 послано Jул 26 2022, 01:39:42 Цитирај 
Quote ( Daryl Gee @ July 26th 2022,01:32:06 )

Is GPRO Organiser still a thing? Starting up, for me it was a great way to capture data that I had no idea how to use, and use data I had no idea how to capture.

This was good for me too, but I don't know if it's still around either. Handwritten data collection is good too as it sort of drills the knowledge into you a bit like revision notes back in the day. Also don't forget if you have supporter status all your past data is available for you within the game.
Luke Frost
(Група Amateur - 47)

Поруке: 11111
  Држава:
Аустралија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (14)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #8 послано Jул 26 2022, 03:45:54 (последња промена Jул 26 2022, 03:50:31 од Luke Frost) Цитирај 
Quote ( Tomáš Stryja @ July 25th 2022,23:59:27 )

Hi,
thanks for the tips

Hey mate

Excel is a good place to start when it comes to transforming data. Key word there is start. Once you get very good, handling lots of data is a bit impractical in excel so you would jump ahead from there to other options (google is your friend there).

When I wanted to become better at excel itself, I found this site: https://exceljet.net/

Some of its guides include template sheets which guide you through different functions. Start simple, and work your way to a higher level over time. Excel is very easy to do fairly complicated things because there's no 'syntax' (programming code), think of it as a foot in the door to developing a decent programming & analysis skillset...

For the raw basics, press the windows key + left (or right) with excel & this video on split screen:

David Andrewartha
(Група Amateur - 38)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #9 послано Jул 26 2022, 03:55:07 (последња промена Jул 26 2022, 03:56:33 од David Andrewartha) Цитирај 
Best bit of advice yet as regards to the original question Luke, well done. And I thought (according to Ilia) all you had to do was select a cell, type =, and that was it, job done without even entering any data!
Roy Mitchell
(Група Pro - 8)

Поруке: 5907
  Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #10 послано Jул 26 2022, 05:56:37 Цитирај 
@David Andrewartha (A38) You do realise Ilia missed a step or two in the explanation. i.e. 'Select a cell = 'Select a function' : SUM/ AVG Select data etc. However, even that is not enough to complete a calculation. Just a few steps more... best learned from Excel Tutorials.

@Luke Frost (A47) Honourable job, Luke. :)

Tomas to help you on your way, after the race, download the race analysis as an Excel sheet. (Bottom of laps shown) Do this before the next race since you are not a supporter you don't have a record of the analysis beyond that.

Record all the other data on the race analysis. I copy/paste use Word document for the file.

Good luck, Tomas :)
Jens Jäschke
(Група Amateur - 28)

Поруке: 511
  Држава:
Немачка 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #11 послано Jул 26 2022, 11:12:50 Цитирај 
Quote ( Daryl Gee @ July 26th 2022,01:32:06 )

Is GPRO Organiser still a thing?

Yes, it's still around. Has some bugs for some people, but I'm using it to collect data for now, until I get my own tool off the ground.
If I remember correctly, the guy maintaining GPRO Organizer is working on a complete rewrite as a browser-based (but not web-based, so hopefully no data leaks) tool.
David Andrewartha
(Група Amateur - 38)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #12 послано Jул 28 2022, 00:32:38 Цитирај 
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ July 26th 2022,05:56:37 )

You do realise Ilia missed a step or two in the explanation.

Yeah, that was my point mate. I always think if you can't say something helpful when someone asks for advice it's far better to say nothing than to take the piss out of them.
Chris Shaw
(Група Pro - 3)

Поруке: 897
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #13 послано Jул 28 2022, 09:50:48 Цитирај 
Two Important excel formulae to learn:

=VLOOKUP —> reads values from tables based on a particular row
=IF —> changes the output of a cell based on whether a condition is true or false. Can be embedded multiple times eg =if(A1=1,if(…))
Liviu Sandu
(Група Pro - 8)

Поруке: 406
  Држава:
Румунија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #14 послано Jул 28 2022, 12:17:41 (последња промена Jул 28 2022, 12:18:25 од Liviu Sandu) Цитирај 
Use Oracle Apex. I know it takes some skills, but it's great. I mean, something else...
If someone is willing, we discuss. It doesn't cost.
Страна [1

Одговори