Doug Renshaw
(Група Rookie - 2)

Поруке: 217
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #1 послано Jул 25 2006, 15:02:29 Цитирај 
what do the people in the know think about the new rules? The first major series that fills the grid from the back to th front. third straight year that they were changed. my opinion is 1 hour 12 laps was the best,--out and in laps count towards your 12 total
Rinat Hafisoff
(Група Amateur - 7)

Поруке: 677
  Држава:
Русија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #2 послано Jул 25 2006, 15:17:11 Цитирај 
Come again :)
Petras Ražanskas
(Група Rookie - 6)

Поруке: 2908
  Држава:
Литванија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #3 послано Jул 25 2006, 15:18:02 Цитирај 
Huh?
Håkan Ferm
(Група Amateur - 9)

Поруке: 10576
  Држава:
Шведска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4 послано Jул 25 2006, 15:29:00 Цитирај 
he´s talking abt Real F1 See "formula one forum"
Steven Szigeti
(Група Rookie - 8)

Поруке: 10
  Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5 послано Jул 25 2006, 15:31:06 Цитирај 
what r the new rules?
Håkan Ferm
(Група Amateur - 9)

Држава:
Шведска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6 послано Jул 25 2006, 15:32:15 Цитирај 
I did not like the 12 laps much nothing happened for 50 min accept Minardis was out after 40 min cleaning the tracks for everyone else.

I like the new one´s first 2 segment and hate the last burning fuels away first part of the last segment, it was a good thing to shortened it i hope they still can shortened it even more so we can see only real attacking in this last segment too.
Petras Ražanskas
(Група Rookie - 6)

Поруке: 2908
  Држава:
Литванија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #7 послано Jул 25 2006, 15:41:14 Цитирај 
Oh...

I think the system that is now should stay. And yes, third segment is quite crappy. I've read somewhere that a chief of some team (I don't recall which one exactly) proposed, that they can just write down on a piece of paper their fuel allocations for the race and run the third segment without all that additional fuel. Now that, I think, would be the best solution. Or just stop that fuel stupidity altogether and fill them cars to as much as they want after qualifying.
Doug Renshaw
(Група Rookie - 2)

Поруке: 217
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #8 послано Jул 25 2006, 15:44:22 Цитирај 
yes the first 45 min were boring but the last 10-15 min were intense--and shui goes out with 5 min left and blows everybody away---but cars are on track for the entire session---senna was also go for going out late and destroying the fastest time
Salvatore Difficile
(Група Elite)

Поруке: 648
  Држава:
Италија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #9 послано Jул 25 2006, 16:00:38 Цитирај 
Off subject:
As of Hockeneim the Mass Damper located in the nose of the Mc Laren Red Bull & Renault will no longer be allowed by FIA.
This mass damper was a 15KG mass maintained by 2 springs and a suspension tube, aiming to stabilise the forward wheel and dimish the understeering.
The approximate lap time gain was around 0.3 of a sec.
Ferrari are rubbing their hands as they hardly use it once in a while only for specific track and so will gain competitiveness on those cars.

Original Souce news available for Italian speakers here: http://www.gazzetta.it/Motori/Formula1/Primo_Piano/2006/07_L...
Toni Metsänkylä
(Група Rookie - 17)

Поруке: 8664
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #10 послано Jул 25 2006, 16:04:58 Цитирај 
Quote ( Salvatore Difficile @ July 25th 2006,16:00:38 )

Off subject:
As of Hockeneim the Mass Damper located in the nose of the Mc Laren Red Bull & Renault will no longer be allowed by FIA.

So, two flies catched by Ferrari in a short time. First the Renault shock absorbers and now these... Seems good when it comes to Kimi's next season at Ferrari :)

----

And on-topic: I like the current style of quali, it gives some nice action on the track.
Andy Platt
(Група Amateur - 8)

Поруке: 257
  Држава:
Уједињено Краљевство 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #11 послано Jул 25 2006, 16:06:23 Цитирај 
Quote ( Håkan Ferm @ July 25th 2006,15:32:15 )

I did not like the 12 laps much nothing happened for 50 min accept Minardis was out after 40 min cleaning the tracks for everyone else.

You think they could have set aside some time for say test drivers in test cars, to clear the track, and get some data and telemetry at the same time.
Steven Szigeti
(Група Rookie - 8)

Поруке: 10
  Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #12 послано Jул 25 2006, 16:30:22 Цитирај 
what are the new qualifying rules?
Andy Platt
(Група Amateur - 8)

Држава:
Уједињено Краљевство 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #13 послано Jул 25 2006, 16:40:53 Цитирај 
You know the old system, 12 laps including in and out laps? And you could use tyres different in qualifying than you could in the race. Oh and less fuel :S

The "new" rules, which aren't really that new any more, are the ones we are using on GPRO.
Håkan Ferm
(Група Amateur - 9)

Држава:
Шведска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #14 послано Jул 25 2006, 16:49:00 Цитирај 
Que? Andy?
In GPRO there is 2 qualifyings with added time making the total qualtime, Not in anywhere near this years Real F1 qual
Andy Platt
(Група Amateur - 8)

Држава:
Уједињено Краљевство 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #15 послано Jул 25 2006, 16:51:04 Цитирај 
Oh I haven't actually been watching F1 this year :))

I just presumed GPRO was up to date, how silly do I look??

Thanks Vlad :P
Johan Maciulis
(Група Rookie - 8)

Поруке: 263
  Држава:
Литванија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #16 послано Jул 25 2006, 19:12:07 Цитирај 
i think we should extend qualify for 3 days: on first everyone should drive one qualify lap and some practise laps, then twenty fastest will drive one qualify lap and some practise laps again & on the day before race the 10 fastest will compete for pole.

P.S. "Some" means at most 8 like now.
Håkan Ferm
(Група Amateur - 9)

Држава:
Шведска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #17 послано Jул 25 2006, 19:34:17 Цитирај 
Perhaps to clarify before this thread goes haywire....look at the blue topic line it says "formula one forum" which means Real F1
which Doug where asking abt
"i think we should extend qualify for 3 days" this reference is clearly GPRO it is easy to confuse them which have already happened a few times in this thread already. so pls read before write.
Mike Zestas
(Група Amateur - 57)

Поруке: 134
  Држава:
Грчка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (18)
Стара порука #18 послано Mарт 19 2020, 12:04:18 Цитирај 
Hi everyone! I came up with an idea about Qualifing. As far as i know Elite guys have spent and still spend some hours of the day in the game so it is an idea for Elite category at first place.

We could have Q1 (as it is now so we should pick tyre extra soft - hard ).
The difference is that they would have 24h that would count from last race start (in Greece the race starts at 21:00) so the Q1 would last from the race end till 21:00 Wednesday or Saturday. The slowest 15 managers would knock out. They would have free choice of starting fuel. Tyres are already chosen.

In Q2 they would have 24h again to qualify (day Thursday or Sunday). The 15 slowest managers would be eliminated. Again the tyres are already chosen, the managers eliminated would have the free choice of starting fuel.

In Q3 there are 10 fastest managers left. The rules are simple. The 3rd day they would compete for Q3 (Monday & Tuesday or Friday).The managers have already picked their tyres in Q1 , but they should add fuel before qualifing for Q3 like it is currently in Q2.

On the + side :
1.This way managers with lower chances of retaining in Elite would have more chances.
2.It would mix things up making the Elite group more interesting.
3. Could refresh the existing Elite group with managers available to spend more time in the game.

On the - side :
1.Not sure if the "best" managers would like to take the risk of loosing some of their well known side of the game
2. They would have to spent some more time in the game (not sure if it is negative but possibly they don't have the real life time to do it)

Please add your thoughts and ideas about the new Elite category system
Joaquín Quintana
(Група Master - 3)

Поруке: 3782
  Држава:
Шпанија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (12)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #19 послано Mарт 19 2020, 12:50:19 Цитирај 
youre forcing everybody to log in every day... i dont believe most of the people have the time to do so....

Idea discarded.
Mike Zestas
(Група Amateur - 57)

Држава:
Грчка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (8)
Стара порука #20 послано Mарт 19 2020, 12:58:04 (последња промена Mарт 19 2020, 13:08:40 од Mike Zestas) Цитирај 
They are the Elite managers Joaquin! They are the best! They log in every day no matter what. But if they don't want to they may start from last positions or relegate to master and then some others with more time and passion will willingly take their places.

I can understand why it is so easily discarded from you mate. Your team got all the data etc , is doing amazing in top level and don't want to risk losing it's fame and power. In your shoes i would do the same :)
Mark Van Daalen
(Група Amateur - 54)

Поруке: 590
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (6)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #21 послано Mарт 19 2020, 13:11:52 Цитирај 
Hi Mike,
The time spend on Gpro would be a big minus...
at this moment i spend on avg 14.4 hours per race (28.8 hours per week) on Gpro.... see: /gb/Stats.asp?type=mosttimeperrace#scroll im on P87...
you spend 4.4 hours per race on avg.

I (as many others) have a job and family and with my job i can not be online every day... still i spend 28hrs a week here...

So if this would be inplemented in the game... it would make the game into a job.... and by that you will lose many passionate and willing members.
Mike Zestas
(Група Amateur - 57)

Држава:
Грчка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (3)
Стара порука #22 послано Mарт 19 2020, 13:20:38 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mark Van Daalen @ March 19th 2020,13:11:52 )

So if this would be inplemented in the game... it would make the game into a job.... and by that you will lose many passionate and willing members

Yes Mark i totally understand that and you are 100% right. But don't you think all those elite managers already spend that amount of time like they would spend with the new elite system? Cause i believe they already log in every day to analyze their strategy as well as their competitors. It wouldn't change something too much for their time spend in the game , but it would easily mix their results .
Mark Van Daalen
(Група Amateur - 54)

Поруке: 590
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #23 послано Mарт 19 2020, 13:32:17 Цитирај 
Well for me i can not be on gpro every 24hrs... does that make me not passionate? or willing?
with your idea i have to be online at a certain time or my season is f-ed
im not in Elite myself (yet) but believe me up in Master you do spend alot of time already each race... but i can not be online saturday and sunday... so im online mon and tuesday... so i have to start at back... which means no possible way of scoring points...maybe if your name is Postle or Velske :-P

Joaquín Quintana
(Група Master - 3)

Држава:
Шпанија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #24 послано Mарт 19 2020, 13:39:59 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mike Zestas @ March 19th 2020,12:58:04 )

They are the Elite managers Joaquin! They are the best! They log in every day no matter what. But if they don't want to they may start from last positions or relegate to master and then some others with more time and passion will willingly take their places.

I can understand why it is so easily discarded from you mate. Your team got all the data etc , is doing amazing in top level and don't want to risk losing it's fame and power. In your shoes i would do the same :)

It doesnt have to do anything with the bests getting handicaped... but you cant make different rules for a division and other for lower divisions... because top managers will get advantage of that by getting used to
Mike Zestas
(Група Amateur - 57)

Држава:
Грчка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (5)
Стара порука #25 послано Mарт 19 2020, 13:47:26 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mark Van Daalen @ March 19th 2020,13:32:17 )

Well for me i can not be on gpro every 24hrs... does that make me not passionate? or willing?

No that makes you a non Elite manager.

Quote ( Mark Van Daalen @ March 19th 2020,13:32:17 )

but believe me up in Master you do spend alot of time already each race... but i can not be online saturday and sunday... so im online mon and tuesday... so i have to start at back... which means no possible way of scoring points...maybe if your name is Postle or Velske :-P

true story

Quote ( Joaquín Quintana @ March 19th 2020,13:39:59 )

It doesnt have to do anything with the bests getting handicaped... but you cant make different rules for a division and other for lower divisions... because top managers will get advantage of that by getting used to

there always used to be different rules for categories. Rookies and Amateurs don't have the tyre choice. Only pipis. Same story for TD's i guess. I don't want to dicuss FOBY things about driver's OA and staff tricks
MG van Rensburg
(Група Amateur - 44)

Поруке: 1718
  Држава:
Јужна Африка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (6)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #26 послано Mарт 19 2020, 13:52:15 (последња промена Mарт 19 2020, 13:52:41 од MG van Rensburg) Цитирај 
Always tickles me whenever folks not involved/affected by something try to dictate rules and such onto other people, the people actually affected.

A good lesson in life Mike Zestas. When you make assumptions like you are, all that really ends up happening is that you make an ass of yourself. True story.
António Rebelo
(Група Amateur - 55)

Поруке: 4233
  Држава:
Португалија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (4)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #27 послано Mарт 19 2020, 13:56:32 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mike Zestas @ March 19th 2020,12:04:18 )

Hi everyone! I came up with an idea about Qualifing. (...)

Already suggested this in the past.
The admins said no.
Period.
Case closed.
Joaquín Quintana
(Група Master - 3)

Држава:
Шпанија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (4)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #28 послано Mарт 19 2020, 13:57:15 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mike Zestas @ March 19th 2020,13:47:26 )

Always tickles me whenever folks not involved/affected by something try to dictate rules and such onto other people, the people actually affected.

A good lesson in life Mike Zestas. When you make assumptions like you are, all that really ends up happening is that you make an ass of yourself. True story.

Well said MG ;)
Mike Zestas
(Група Amateur - 57)

Држава:
Грчка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #29 послано Mарт 19 2020, 13:58:16 (последња промена Mарт 19 2020, 14:02:51 од Mike Zestas) Цитирај 
Quote ( MG van Rensburg @ March 19th 2020,13:52:15 )

Always tickles me whenever folks not involved/affected by something try to dictate rules and such onto other people, onto the people actually affected.

Actually not. In a democratic discussion a suggestion lays on the table and everyone can express his/her opinion. I'm not dictating , i'm suggesting. If noone hadn't suggested the wheel back then maybe you wouldn't be playing gpro today ;)
Mike Zestas
(Група Amateur - 57)

Држава:
Грчка 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #30 послано Mарт 19 2020, 14:04:53 Цитирај 
Quote ( António Rebelo @ March 19th 2020,13:56:32 )

Already suggested this in the past.

The admins said no.

Period.

Case closed.

Good to know that! Thank you Antonio
Страна [12 » Иди на страну:

Одговори