Mark Van Daalen
(Група Amateur - 54)

Поруке: 590
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #31 послано Mарт 19 2020, 14:07:47 Цитирај 

Quote ( Mike Zestas @ March 19th 2020,13:47:26 )

Quote ( Mark Van Daalen @ March 19th 2020,13:32:17 )

Well for me i can not be on gpro every 24hrs... does that make me not passionate? or willing?

No that makes you a non Elite manager.

It does mean i have other obligations in weekends (work/racing) and.... we'll see if i can make it into Elite like my teammate in near future (with only 24hrs per race spend)

P.s. the Gpro game is good for recreational and serious players.
Mike Zestas
(Група Amateur - 57)

Поруке: 134
  Држава:
Грчка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (3)
Стара порука #32 послано Mарт 19 2020, 14:11:31 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mark Van Daalen @ March 19th 2020,14:07:47 )

It does mean i have other obligations in weekends (work/racing) and.... we'll see if i can make it into Elite like my teammate in near future (with only 24hrs per race spend)

That's true. I didn't explain myself correclty. You are not an Elite manager at the moment is what i meant. Wish you to make it to elite asap and become a champion.
Paulo Pinto1
(Група Master - 2)

Поруке: 3036
  Држава:
Португалија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (9)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #33 послано Mарт 19 2020, 14:12:00 (последња промена Mарт 19 2020, 14:15:16 од Paulo Pinto) Цитирај 
Your success can't be measured by the time you spend playing a game and that's actually something that makes this game special IMO: It's not a pay-to-win hame and you can be an Elite champion even just spending 10 minutes per race.
Mike Zestas
(Група Amateur - 57)

Држава:
Грчка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (4)
Стара порука #34 послано Mарт 19 2020, 14:14:48 Цитирај 
Quote ( Paulo Pinto @ March 19th 2020,14:12:00 )

Your success can't be measured by the time you spend playing a game and that's actually what makes this game special IMO. It's not pay-to-win and you can be an Elite champion even just spending 10 minutes per race.

100% agree with you champ Paulo. I think the most of us log in every day for at least 10 minutes. That's why it could be possible for the elite guys.
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Pro - 20)

Поруке: 11898
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #35 послано Mарт 19 2020, 15:04:38 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mark Van Daalen @ March 19th 2020,13:11:52 )

I (as many others) have a job and family and with my job i can not be online every day... still i spend 28hrs a week here...

How much do you deal with GPRO (on statistics outside - weekly)? That's the point.
Florencia Caro
(Група Master - 4)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 17129
  Држава:
Аргентина 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #36 послано Mарт 19 2020, 15:46:00 (последња промена Mарт 19 2020, 15:47:27 од Florencia Caro) Цитирај 
Recommended reading:

There's a list of common suggestions at the Wiki, and this one is included there https://wiki.gpro.net/index.php?title=Common_Suggestions_%26...

It links to another existing topic too: /forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=9478
Shane Goeb
(Група Pro - 22)

Поруке: 250
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #37 послано Mарт 19 2020, 15:48:15 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mike Zestas @ March 19th 2020,14:14:48 )

I think the most of us log in every day for at least 10 minutes. That's why it could be possible for the elite guys

He said 10 minutes per race, not 10 minutes per day. As in one day per race for 10 minutes.
Mike Zestas
(Група Amateur - 57)

Држава:
Грчка 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #38 послано Mарт 19 2020, 16:16:05 Цитирај 
Thanks for all the chat and the aswers. It is always usefull to know what others think of an idea. Have fun with the game as it currenlty stands.
Maxim Kotov2
(Група Master - 2)

Поруке: 1148
  Држава:
Русија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (16)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #39 послано Mарт 19 2020, 16:18:27 (последња промена Mарт 19 2020, 16:19:52 од Maxim Kotov) Цитирај 
What would be more fun to watch is hidden q1/q2 times and live qualification.
You drive q1/q2, then setup your race strategy, but you don't know your starting position yet.
And at 19:30 CET (right after offices are closed) we watch online live qualification, car by car, starting from the slowest to the fastest (I mean from the lowest manager in Season Standings to the Group leader). All cars do their first laps with empty tanks, and then all cars do their second laps with fueled tanks. So full starting grid is revealed just before the race after last car drives it's two laps. :)
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Pro - 20)

Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #40 послано Mарт 19 2020, 16:34:11 Цитирај 
Quote ( Maxim Kotov @ March 19th 2020,16:18:27 )

All cars do their first laps with empty tanks
The tank is not empty (GPRO Help).
António Pereira
(Група Amateur - 67)

Поруке: 4159
  Држава:
Португалија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #41 послано Mарт 19 2020, 16:59:01 Цитирај 

Quote ( Maxim Kotov @ March 19th 2020,16:18:27 )

What would be more fun to watch is hidden q1/q2 times and live qualification.You drive q1/q2, then setup your race strategy, but you don't know your starting position yet.And at 19:30 CET (right after offices are closed) we watch online live qualification, car by car, starting from the slowest to the fastest (I mean from the lowest manager in Season Standings to the Group leader). All cars do their first laps with empty tanks, and then all cars do their second laps with fueled tanks. So full starting grid is revealed just before the race after last car drives it's two laps. :)

all new prespective...
could be fun, yes.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Поруке: 12503
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #42 послано Mарт 19 2020, 17:04:13 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mike Zestas @ March 19th 2020,12:58:04 )

I can understand why it is so easily discarded

Simples: The basic principle of GPRO has always been that your success (or lack of it) does NOT depend on how many days between races you can log in.

Quote ( Mike Zestas @ March 19th 2020,14:14:48 )

I think the most of us log in

You THINK, that's quite far from knowing the habits of all current and future managers in any group

What you are suggesting is basically the same as race every day.
George Slater4
(Група Elite)

Поруке: 603
  Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #43 послано Mарт 19 2020, 17:06:49 Цитирај 
Why is this in a 14 year-old thread that has to do with the then-new changes to qualifying in F1?

As for the suggestion itself, I can say that there's often a lot of planning and discussion before every race. So by giving only 24 hours to do a qualifying lap instead of the three or four days as it is now, the amount of time to plan is reduced significantly. I don't think that's the direction GPRO should go.

As for hiding qualifying times like Maxim suggested, I think that's a much more interesting proposal. I don't think it would be a good idea outside of elite and maybe master however.

Alessandro Casagrande
(Група Pro - 13)

Поруке: 2695
  Држава:
Италија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (5)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #44 послано Mарт 19 2020, 17:33:39 Цитирај 
I still have to digest the short season break (and probably I will never digest it)... Although recently I'm logging in everyday, there have been periods when I couldn't or I didn't want. And similar periods may come in the future. Being forced to log in every day I would probably quit the game as it would be a stress rather than an enjoyment.
Peter Peyper
(Група Pro - 5)

Поруке: 310
  Држава:
Јужна Африка 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #45 послано Mарт 19 2020, 18:36:26 Цитирај 
Quote ( George Slater @ March 19th 2020,17:06:49 )

As for hiding qualifying times like Maxim suggested, I think that's a much more interesting proposal. I don't think it would be a good idea outside of elite and maybe master however.

Why only for this selected group George?

As for hiding I think it could change the makeup of a race, lot of Managers do practice and sit back to check what others do, more experienced managers work out what strategies are played and predetermine their strategy to counter that.

Hidden until after lock out would make for a more nervous time as you would not really know what strategies were adapted for the race?

Yes, stronger Managers should not really worry about this but when the in between decisions to a strategy are made i.e. Soft or Medium, 2 or 3 stopper etc, that is when hiding times will make it interesting.

Also the lower half of the group who are fighting for survival (Staying or demoting) will be great as you are not really sure what your rival is doing. (It becomes a guessing game).

But as said a thousand times already does it really matter, you should as good as what you can be and Q's don't really matter in a race.
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Pro - 20)

Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #46 послано Mарт 19 2020, 20:24:49 Цитирај 
Choice of tactics: of options fastest. (If you hide it or not.)
Florencia Caro
(Група Master - 4)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 17129
  Држава:
Аргентина 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #47 послано Mарт 19 2020, 20:38:25 Цитирај 
Quote ( Peter Peyper @ March 19th 2020,18:36:26 )

Why only for this selected group

Can't reply for George, but I believe hiding Q times for long will reduce the rookie retention rate even more. As other features such as different tyre brands, including them later on helps newbies adapt and digest the game.
MG van Rensburg
(Група Amateur - 44)

Поруке: 1718
  Држава:
Јужна Африка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #48 послано Mарт 19 2020, 21:30:17 (последња промена Mарт 19 2020, 21:39:01 од MG van Rensburg) Цитирај 
Quote ( Mike Zestas @ March 19th 2020,13:58:16 )

Quote ( MG van Rensburg @ March 19th 2020,13:52:15 )

Always tickles me whenever folks not involved/affected by something try to dictate rules and such onto other people, onto the people actually affected.
Actually not. In a democratic discussion a suggestion lays on the table and everyone can express his/her opinion. I'm not dictating , i'm suggesting. If noone hadn't suggested the wheel back then maybe you wouldn't be playing gpro today ;)

Love the disconnect on the relevance and context to try blow your horn.

There is a big difference to inventing something to improve on your own experience, in things you actually know and understand, which becomes adopted by others, vs what you doing, which is to dictate change onto others about something you literally hace ZERO clue experience or knowledge about.

All what you doing is showing world just what an arrogant, self-centred ignoramous your are.

You quite literally lecturing the managers in elite on how to play and how to make the game better for them, having never been there. Thats pretty much the definition of dictating.
Mike Zestas
(Група Amateur - 57)

Држава:
Грчка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #49 послано Mарт 19 2020, 22:02:39 Цитирај 
Quote ( MG van Rensburg @ March 19th 2020,21:30:17 )

Love the disconnect on the relevance and context to try blow your horn.

There is a big difference to inventing something to improve on your own experience, in things you actually know and understand, which becomes adopted by others, vs what you doing, which is to dictate change onto others about something you literally hace ZERO clue experience or knowledge about.

All what you doing is showing world just what an arrogant, self-centred ignoramous your are.

You quite literally lecturing the managers in elite on how to play and how to make the game better for them, having never been there. Thats pretty much the definition of dictating.

Being offensive by speaking inappropriatly to others doesn't make you smart but rather a fool.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Група Pro - 5)

Поруке: 5682
  Држава:
Пољска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #50 послано Mарт 20 2020, 12:10:42 Цитирај 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ March 19th 2020,20:24:49 )

Choice of tactics: of options fastest. (If you hide it or not.)

What do you mean by fastest? ;-)
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Pro - 20)

Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #51 послано Mарт 20 2020, 12:36:31 (последња промена Mарт 20 2020, 12:40:38 од Tibor Szuromi) Цитирај 
Quote ( Tomek Kiełpiński @ March 20th 2020,12:10:42 )

What do you mean by fastest?
I compare it to myself.
Optional tactics total time. I calculate with all the time influencing elements.
For example: ES4, S3, M2, H1 tactics. I race the fastest. That's it, in short.

I look at the others in vain. The point is, what do I know. (How fast I am.)

Peter Peyper
(Група Pro - 5)

Поруке: 310
  Држава:
Јужна Африка 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #52 послано Mарт 22 2020, 10:34:00 Цитирај 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ March 19th 2020,20:38:25 )

Quote ( Peter Peyper @ March 19th 2020,18:36:26 )

Why only for this selected group
Can't reply for George, but I believe hiding Q times for long will reduce the rookie retention rate even more. As other features such as different tyre brands, including them later on helps newbies adapt and digest the game.

Tks Florencia,

I read what you say but don't necessary agree in total with you.

Why not make it profile related (Should not be difficult to code) that the option remains open for Rookies to digest & monitor the differences in the game.

However when moving up (promoting) your profile changes to lock & hide. To be honest what do you really learn from just watching other races except for different Tire performances but I also still beg to differ here as there are a lot of other influencing factors to make one fast.

Anyways irrespective you only learn the hard way moving up the ranks, but honestly feel that the racing sometimes is leaning to one way or another. At the end of the day it is the same for everyone but would love it though that one's strategy is hidden in a way.
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Pro - 20)

Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #53 послано Mарт 22 2020, 10:52:05 Цитирај 
I want to see everything.
Страна « 1 [2 Иди на страну:

Одговори