Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > General forum > Random is getting beyond a joke. Добавить тему в список игнорируемых Добавить тему в список наблюдаемых
Страница « 1 2 3 ... 207 208 [209 Перейти на страницу:
Автор Тема: Random is getting beyond a joke. 6268 ответов
Ricardo Antunes
(Группа Amateur - 42)

Страна:
Португалия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (3)   Сообщение не понравилось (1)
Старое сообщение #6241 Размещено 14 Апр 2023, 09:57:51 Цитата 
Quote ( Stephen Signorelli @ April 14th 2023,03:16:24 )

Speaking like a total game apologist. Negotiations should take one or two staff cycles NO MORE. This is indicative of a group of devs who don't want to admit their precious game has flaws nothing more.

I get where you're coming from, actually. In many other management games (not necessarily F1 related) sponsors are almost if not instant and the gyst there is picking the sponsor that best suits you and taking full advantage of it here.

However the vision on sponsors in GPRO is different which is what I think you've not quite seen yet. Sponsors are all the "same" in the sense that there aren't bonuses for performing well, or there aren't any sponsors for "not missing a race" (taking an example out of a football management game), and they all just offer money for a time period.

The mechanic here is that you need to get as many sponsors as possible on your car as often as possible, and keep them happy as well. Besides, while yes, F1 deals can be done pretty quickly, there are also F1 deals that take several months to be completed - so there is a sense of realism in here.

Your suggestion of shortening the negotiations duration that drasticly would need to involve more than just speeding up the game, the whole sponsors mechanic would need a change to fit this "instant" style. Regardless, GPRO is notoriously long term management so it makes sense that sponsors are long term as well.

Quote ( Daniel Mason @ April 14th 2023,07:46:54 )

What difference does it make anyway?

Are you really asking what difference it makes to have no sponsors in the car and having multiple sponsors in the car only a few races in? The difference is very sizable.

But maybe you needed to say that so you could lead onto the rest of that sentence because you just need to be disrespectful, otherwise it wouldn't be Mason posting, am I right? :)
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Группа Master - 2)

Страна:
Исландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (0)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #6242 Размещено 14 Апр 2023, 10:06:53 Цитата 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ April 14th 2023,09:57:51 )

Are you really asking what difference it makes to have no sponsors in the car and having multiple sponsors in the car only a few races in? The difference is very sizable.

Not really when everything except the driver, gets reset after 3 races, unless you promote. ;)
Miel Soeterbroek
(Группа Amateur - 9)

Страна:
Нидерланды 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (2)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #6243 Размещено 14 Апр 2023, 10:09:14 Цитата 
Ah, Signorelli's periodic "TOTAL BS" rant, was wondering when that'd come back.

Are the same people still winning all the time, buddy?

Ricardo Antunes
(Группа Amateur - 42)

Страна:
Португалия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (1)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #6244 Размещено 14 Апр 2023, 10:09:26 Цитата 
Stephen was complaining that negotiations don't take 2-3 races, so 14 races of 3 sponsors does make a huge difference.

And it would be 5 before you know it. Over a million extra per race.

Atli Thor Johannesson
(Группа Master - 2)

Страна:
Исландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6245 Размещено 14 Апр 2023, 10:19:39 Цитата 
Uh, yes... but that's not a part of the game, at least as it stands.
The dude is sitting now in 5th place, with 3 races to go, throwing a fit.
I think it was that Daniel was talking abt... but obv. I might be mistaken :)
Wolf Roiter
(Группа Pro - 11)

Страна:
Австрия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (4)   Сообщение не понравилось (1)
Старое сообщение #6246 Размещено 14 Апр 2023, 11:21:02 Цитата 
all of us would like to see a faster negotiation progress, but in the end it wouldn't change anything. everyone would have additional income to spend on car parts and other stuff, so to balance the game there would be some economy changes necessary to be done.

of course it would give you more satisfaction to get sponsor deals closed faster, but on the other hand it would be too easy to have all 5 sponsors completed, which completely takes away the challenge.

the design of the sponsor system might be tough, but i think it's a fun mini-game within GPRO. like the rest of the game it's hard to master, but that's what it's all about, right?
Daniel Mason
(Группа Rookie - 178)

Страна:
США 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (0)   Сообщение не понравилось (3)
Старое сообщение #6247 Размещено 14 Апр 2023, 18:55:10 Цитата 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ April 14th 2023,09:57:51 )

But maybe you needed to say that so you could lead onto the rest of that sentence because you just need to be disrespectful, otherwise it wouldn't be Mason posting, am I right? :)

Reading comprehension is hard for you, huh? Here's everything I said:

Quote ( Daniel Mason @ April 14th 2023,07:46:54 )

What difference does it make anyway? It's not like you're even promoting this season, so all that effort will be wasted when it gets reset next season. You'd think after more than 100 races here, you'd at least know and understand this much.... Never mind, you haven't even managed to retain in Amateur, so pardon me for expecting so much of you.

Now, sir, I want you to sound out the words slowly one at a time. When you start to understand what I'm saying, I want you to remember this is the 15th race of the season, so in this context what I am asking makes perfect sense. Do you think you can handle such a mammoth task, or am I still asking too much of you?
Jake Clark
(Группа Pro - 23)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (6)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #6248 Размещено 14 Апр 2023, 19:21:16 Цитата 
Quote ( Stephen Signorelli @ April 13th 2023,17:53:02 )

3 races left and sponsors negotiations from THE FIRST RACE are still NOT complete....TOTAL BS AND BAD GAME DESIGN!!!!!!

Promote from your group and you'll get a free sponsor :)
Stephen Signorelli
(Группа Rookie - 51)

Страна:
США 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (0)   Сообщение не понравилось (2)
Старое сообщение #6249 Размещено 25 Апр 2023, 15:35:45 Цитата 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ April 14th 2023,10:09:14 )

Ah, Signorelli's periodic "TOTAL BS" rant, was wondering when that'd come back.

Are the same people still winning all the time, buddy?

I will ask your wife next time we are out
Daniel Mason
(Группа Rookie - 122)

Страна:
США 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6250 Размещено 25 Апр 2023, 17:33:27 Цитата 
Quote ( Stephen Signorelli @ April 25th 2023,15:35:45 )

I will ask your wife next time we are out

Imagine thinking anyone else's wife is going to get within 500 yards of you...
Slobodan Bulic
(Группа Pro - 17)

Страна:
Сербия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (2)   Сообщение не понравилось (2)
Старое сообщение #6251 Размещено 21 Ноя 2023, 21:35:32 Цитата 
Random makes me sick. Come on, no more players will left soon. Every season?!? Ok, then do it like 16 races per season. This is not a lottery game.
Jez Banks
(Группа Pro - 6)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6252 Размещено 21 Ноя 2023, 21:54:06 Цитата 
Quote ( Slobodan Bulic @ November 21st 2023,21:35:32 )

Random makes me sick. Come on, no more players will left soon. Every season?!? Ok, then do it like 16 races per season. This is not a lottery game.

If you are getting randoms all the time maybe they aren't so random.

Just sayin'.......
Slobodan Bulic
(Группа Pro - 17)

Страна:
Сербия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (0)   Сообщение не понравилось (1)
Старое сообщение #6253 Размещено 21 Ноя 2023, 22:01:52 Цитата 

If you are getting randoms all the time maybe they aren't so random.

Just sayin'.......

Yep, I wonder is it!

James Alegria
(Группа Rookie - 126)

Страна:
Мексика 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6254 Размещено 29 Ноя 2023, 19:26:12 Цитата 
hi everyone, where in the website can i see on the website the weather for Qs and the race?

thankyou all for the feedback...
Eric Ingraham
(Группа Pro - 4)

Страна:
США 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6255 Размещено 29 Ноя 2023, 19:38:37 (последняя редакция 29 Ноя 2023, 19:53:09 от Florencia Caro) Цитата 
Click on the "Practice" link in the "Race Management" section from the homepage, weather is in the lower left. Six sections - Practice/Q1, Q2/Race Start, and then four 30 minute segments of the race.

Mod Edit: for context, after post deletion.
David Prieto
(Группа Amateur - 13)

Страна:
Испания 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (0)   Сообщение не понравилось (3)
Старое сообщение #6256 Размещено 22 Дек 2023, 21:32:33 Цитата 
Once again random is a joke. No randoms when having bad races but when racing for the podium, from 2nd to 17th.
Thank so much, F S issue. We don't need this in the game.
Dominik Karda
(Группа Master - 1)

Страна:
Чехия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6257 Размещено 22 Дек 2023, 21:39:07 Цитата 
Quote ( David Prieto @ December 22nd 2023,21:32:33 )

Once again random is a joke. No randoms when having bad races but when racing for the podium, from 2nd to 17th.
Thank so much, F S issue. We don't need this in the game.
I have but a question, are you planning to promote this season?
Tussock Plant
(Группа Rookie - 91)

Страна:
Новая Зеландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (1)   Сообщение не понравилось (2)
Старое сообщение #6258 Размещено 22 Дек 2023, 21:46:24 Цитата 
I wonder, lots of clean races when not pushing for podium. Lots of car parts wrecked when pushing for podium. Almost like it's not completely random, or something.
Ricardo Antunes
(Группа Rookie - 97)

Страна:
Португалия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (3)   Сообщение не понравилось (1)
Старое сообщение #6259 Размещено 22 Дек 2023, 22:01:17 Цитата 
Quote ( Tussock Plant @ December 22nd 2023,21:46:24 )

I wonder, lots of clean races when not pushing for podium. Lots of car parts wrecked when pushing for podium. Almost like it's not completely random, or something.

That is not a random, it's just wear :/
David Prieto
(Группа Amateur - 13)

Страна:
Испания 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6260 Размещено 22 Дек 2023, 22:36:16 Цитата 
Quote ( Dominik Karda @ December 22nd 2023,21:39:07 )

Quote ( David Prieto @ December 22nd 2023,21:32:33 )

Thank so much, F S issue. We don't need this in the game. I have but a question, are you planning to promote this season?
Is that important? My race was ruined by a puncture. Lost of money, lost of sponsors %, lost of driver's motivation...

David Prieto
(Группа Amateur - 13)

Страна:
Испания 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6261 Размещено 22 Дек 2023, 22:37:28 Цитата 
Quote ( Tussock Plant @ December 22nd 2023,21:46:24 )

If you are trying to tell me something I can tell you the most wear at the and of the race is just 51%.

Mimis Ouzou
(Группа Rookie - 118)

Страна:
Греция 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6262 Размещено 22 Дек 2023, 23:14:25 Цитата 
Happened the same to me it was an easy win but 4 laps after my first pit my car had a puncture. I was watching live and sudenly my car slowed down no message appeared on the screen neather the [T] symbol on the side and i was like "what is going on now??" and the pit was 31 seconds... 31 sec to change a single tyre?
In Rookie you say ok but if you are in a bigger league and trying to promote this is really bad luck...
Andrej Fülöp
(Группа Pro - 4)

Страна:
Словакия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6263 Размещено 22 Дек 2023, 23:29:01 Цитата 
I had my driver from AMA , good enoigh for PRO for first 3 races.
I did plan to get some points and sign new one to not have pressure from relegation. First race 8th 1 point. Good. Next race, sadly i missed it. Third race should be decisive for me so i did put all into that. And i was doing great, i was driving 4th safely, that would be exactly what i needed for staying in PRO, but then what happend?

I started smoking. Out of nothing in the last i dont know 10 laps cca, i felt down out of points and the highest car wear of parts was 81%...

Driving xy seasons and this happend like 3rd time as i remember. Why right now why that race , why when i was doing great, why not next race or any other race or last xy seasons...

You understand... luckily i after long time signed good driver and will not relegate. But thats now, before i hadnt that luck.
Dominik Karda
(Группа Master - 1)

Страна:
Чехия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (1)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #6264 Размещено 23 Дек 2023, 01:23:13 Цитата 
Quote ( David Prieto @ December 22nd 2023,22:36:16 )

Is that important? My race was ruined by a puncture. Lost of money, lost of sponsors %, lost of driver's motivation...
You have 41 points.

If you finished on the podium, you'd be promoting through additional promotions and it doesn't matter if you'll be 6th in the group. Instead, you're still on 41 points and you can avoid promotion. Just saying, depends on which way you want to go :)
David Prieto
(Группа Amateur - 13)

Страна:
Испания 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6265 Размещено 23 Дек 2023, 10:51:02 Цитата 
Quote ( Dominik Karda @ December 23rd 2023,01:23:13 )

Quote ( David Prieto @ December 22nd 2023,22:36:16 )

Is that important? My race was ruined by a puncture. Lost of money, lost of sponsors %, lost of driver's motivation... You have 41 points.

If you finished on the podium, you'd be promoting through additional promotions and it doesn't matter if you'll be 6th in the group. Instead, you're still on 41 points and you can avoid promotion. Just saying, depends on which way you want to go :)
If I promote or not is not the point, I really don't mind where I race next season because I'm in a learning term.

The point is, do we want yo play parcheesi or chess. Can you imagine playing chess with randoms? "Sorry, you lose your queen due to a heart attack".
Mike Kreisz
(Группа Amateur - 57)

Страна:
Венгрия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6266 Размещено 1 Март 2024, 22:38:41 (последняя редакция 1 Март 2024, 22:39:07 от Mike Kreisz) Цитата 
I guess the Driver Motivation system stay forever a joke isn't it?

How is that possible my driver motivation grow up to the max in this race after a dnf by a puncture?
I literally finished at the 32. place

In the RL if a driver get a puncture and fall out from the race from the first place, I'm pretty sure his/her motivation would decrease.

But here in this game our driver gain motivation after he/she lose a win by a random.

Sometimes we lose above 20 milions $ by a random and important points and our drivers are getting motivations by this.

I still don't see the logic in the driver motivation topic...
Svajūnas Mikšta
(Группа Amateur - 27)

Страна:
Литва 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6267 Размещено 1 Март 2024, 23:18:10 Цитата 
Quote ( Mike Kreisz @ March 1st 2024,22:38:41 )

He was so tired of you and he was very happy that vacation started early. :)
Sagar Abhyankar
(Группа Pro - 14)

Страна:
Индия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6268 Размещено 16 Март 2024, 06:06:19 Цитата 
Its a good thing that you get a Random in a race which you have written it off completely

Got a Random yesterday :D

Mike Kreisz
(Группа Amateur - 57)

Страна:
Венгрия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6269 Размещено 19 Март 2024, 22:50:22 Цитата 
Hi guys!

I guess the Gpro is still a strategy game if I'm correct. (I mean it's a manager game, that's why should contain strategy elements.)

Because of this, I believe this game should be fair game.

Than how it's that possible I get instant 2 dnf because of Tyre puncture within 5 races.

There are managers who are fine for 2 season or more without any random.

Most of time I not even use ct.

I'm losing lot of money, points , sponsors against my rivals because of the repeating randoms.
How is it fair at all in a strategy game?

I mean it's racing of course it may happens that 1 person will get 3 dnf within 10 races because puncture meanwhile an other person won't get any dnf within 3 seasons.

But it's a game.

Why are we let that the luck control everything here??

Basically it's a super game that's why I'm a supporter for a long time!

I want earn my goals here when I'm doing something good.
(Of course If I did something wrong than let me loose)

But..

I don't want to loose or earn my goals/challenges because of the unfair randoms against me or against my rivals.

I'm sure these 2 instant dnf punctures within 5 races destroy my recent goals, but I will continue this game without goals. But If I'm getting one more dnf because of puncture within 17 races I think I will leave this game unfortunately.

I don't see the point to watch my car in the wall all the time.

And after all,
there are lot of challanges which are hold for at least 1 full season to achieve it.
These are all about luck.
One managers will get all the time dnf even with 0 ct, meanwhile the other one won't meet any for seasons...

/
And of course my driver gained motivation afer both dnfs...
It's not really help me, but thanks.
Still don't see the logic of motivation gaining after a dnf at 36. place..
Страница « 1 2 3 ... 207 208 [209 Перейти на страницу:
Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > General forum > Random is getting beyond a joke. Добавить тему в список игнорируемых Добавить тему в список наблюдаемых

Ответить на тему