Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > Newbie forum > New comer survival guide to GPRO Добавить тему в список игнорируемых Добавить тему в список наблюдаемых
Страница « 1 2 3 ... 16 17 [18 Перейти на страницу:
Автор Тема: New comer survival guide to GPRO 538 ответов
Lech Witarczyk
(Группа Rookie - 52)

Страна:
Польша 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (1)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #511 Размещено 3 Апр 2020, 13:42:34 Цитата 
You will only pit if:

- you run out of fuel
- your tyres get worn out
- the weather changes
- you have a problem with your car

When you have to pit the game checks your next box and refills your fuel with the amount you have written. If you do not need to pit you won't and the additional boxes will have no effect on you.
Alex Fletcher
(Группа Rookie - 2)

Страна:
Канада 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (0)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #512 Размещено 3 Апр 2020, 15:47:56 Цитата 
How much fuel do you recommend for Avus
Niels Van Heijster
(Группа Amateur - 13)

Страна:
Нидерланды 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (2)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #513 Размещено 3 Апр 2020, 16:04:12 Цитата 
Welcome to the game, Alex! Hope you will grow to love it ... !!!

Short answer : enough to finish ...

However, as a complete novice that's no help at all. On the other hand, the forum does not allow actual number based info to be handed down ... Have a look at all the basic info in order to get on top of things, it'll help you greatly: /gb/Help.asp
After reading up, I suggest you find a mentor to help you settle in. You'll find the option through the same link above.

As you have no actual info yet, you just have to wing it. Think loosely about RL, have a best guestimate and put it in the system. After the race, analyse what has happened by checking the Race Analysis. Keep in mind that fuel consumption differs from track to track though, and even other factors are involved.

Best practice is to guestimate, keep notes, analyse after the race, adjust and try again ...
In time you will get a grip on this. And there's lots of other stuff to get you head around.
Luka Pos
(Группа Rookie - 139)

Страна:
Хорватия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #514 Размещено 14 Дек 2021, 10:47:30 Цитата 
Hi all,

I have a question for today's race.
It says Rain probability: 95%-99% for the race start, but when I choose Rain tyres for the start it says: "You have selected to use a wet tyre compound on a dry track at the start".

Should I go with Rain tyres or no in this case?
Mark Iverson
(Группа Pro - 23)

Страна:
Уэльс 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #515 Размещено 14 Дек 2021, 10:56:02 (последняя редакция 14 Дек 2021, 10:58:27 от Mark Iverson) Цитата 
You would only choose to start on rain tyres if you think that rain will start soon into the race.

That's your decision.

Consider what would happen to your tyres if it didn't rain quickly and consider how much time you would lose having to pit to change to rain tyres if it did.
Jens Jäschke
(Группа Amateur - 28)

Страна:
Германия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #516 Размещено 14 Дек 2021, 11:01:51 (последняя редакция 14 Дек 2021, 11:02:44 от Jens Jäschke) Цитата 
It says there's a 95%-99% probability that there will be rain in the first 30 minutes of the race. The rain might start in lap 2, or it might start in lap 15, or it might not start at all (highly unlikely).
We know for certain that the first lap will be dry, which is why the game warns you. Any lap after that has some probability to be wet.

So you can either decide to start on dry tyres and risk a very early pit stop to swap tyres, or you can start on wet tyres and risk running several laps on the wrong tyre type. Your choice.
Adrian Zanoli
(Группа Amateur - 80)

Страна:
Италия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #517 Размещено 14 Дек 2021, 11:02:15 Цитата 
The race will start on a dry track (the weather on the first lap of the race is always the same from the Q2), but there is a near 100% chance that will start to rain in the first 30 minutes of the race.
Tibra Dy Calva
(Группа Rookie - 38)

Страна:
Германия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #518 Размещено 14 Дек 2021, 11:44:46 Цитата 
Hi @ all!
I am completely new to the game. First Race, but i read a lot and i guess i understand the problems, but a few things are not that clear to me. so my question/s.
I decided to start on Rain Tyres in Yeongam, because of the high rain probability. so in my Racing setup i checked the boxes to change tyres if it rains or becomes dry. But if i start the first lap on dry and maybe it starts raining on lap 3, does that means that i will pit in round 2 for dry and round 3 pit again for rain tyres? that would be horrible. So does the game checks every round or is it ok to start on rain tyres and go maybe 2 or 3 laps on dry with them till it starts raining?

Florencia Caro
(Группа Amateur - 58)

Команда GPRO
  Страна:
Аргентина 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (7)   Сообщение не понравилось (1)
Старое сообщение #519 Размещено 14 Дек 2021, 11:54:36 (последняя редакция 14 Дек 2021, 11:55:31 от Florencia Caro) Цитата 
Hi Tibra! Let me paste here an explanation on this I sent to someone recently:

The section that says "How many laps should the driver wait to pit if" takes action when weather changes only. You will have wet tyres equipped, but the weather is already known to be dry at the start (no weather change), so the driver will use whatever tyre you set for the race start UNTIL the weather changes. When the weather changes, game engine checks the setting and decides to pit or not according to that setting. If your set compound for "when it rains" is wet compound, while you already are on wet compound, car won't pit. That's the joke about that setting, lets you do what we at GPRO know as a "Whiting" start, which is start with tyres that do not match the weather :)

As a general rule, remember Q2 weather is lap 1 weather, meaning weather will only change lap 2 onwards, never earlier.
Davide Camilli
(Группа Rookie - 149)

Страна:
Италия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #520 Размещено 14 Дек 2021, 12:19:24 Цитата 
May I ask why is it called a Whiting Start? Is it in any way related with Charlie?
Florencia Caro
(Группа Amateur - 58)

Команда GPRO
  Страна:
Аргентина 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #521 Размещено 14 Дек 2021, 12:25:07 Цитата 
Quote ( Davide Camilli @ December 14th 2021,12:19:24 )

May I ask why is it called a Whiting Start? Is it in any way related with Charlie?

I'm afraid not, it's called after one of the site's original crew members, Chris Whiting :)
Davide Camilli
(Группа Rookie - 149)

Страна:
Италия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #522 Размещено 14 Дек 2021, 12:56:21 Цитата 
That's even better :) I would love to hear the story behind it
Jun Ho
(Группа Amateur - 52)

Страна:
Гонконг 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #523 Размещено 14 Дек 2021, 13:21:41 Цитата 
Quote ( Davide Camilli @ December 14th 2021,12:56:21 )

That's even better :) I would love to hear the story behind it

Quote ( Chris Whiting @ March 12th 2019,23:01:32 )

So basically... As far as I can remember it, in the early days like when we were still in single digit seasons, my first race in the top division I completely forgot to change the tyres back from the rain ones used in the last race of the previous season... So my first ever race in the top group I started somewhere in the top half maybe even top 10 and was last by second lap.

Enjoy :)

Zé Pedro Paula
(Группа Amateur - 16)

Страна:
Мозамбик 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #524 Размещено 14 Дек 2021, 17:48:48 (последняя редакция 14 Дек 2021, 17:50:12 от Zé Pedro Paula) Цитата 
Quote ( Luka Pos @ December 14th 2021,10:47:30 )

but when I choose Rain tyres for the start it says: "You have selected to use a wet tyre compound on a dry track at the start".

That's just a warning to make sure you're not distracted and awaken and smelled the coffee.

All these guys above have this thing to start over explaining and confusing people. You can start with your tyres of choice.
Tibra Dy Calva
(Группа Rookie - 38)

Страна:
Германия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #525 Размещено 14 Дек 2021, 19:26:27 Цитата 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ December 14th 2021,11:54:36 )

Hi Tibra! Let me paste here an explanation on this I sent to someone recently:

The section that says "How many laps should the driver wait to pit if" takes action when weather changes only. You will have wet tyres equipped, but the weather is already known to be dry at the start (no weather change), so the driver will use whatever tyre you set for the race start UNTIL the weather changes. When the weather changes, game engine checks the setting and decides to pit or not according to that setting. If your set compound for "when it rains" is wet compound, while you already are on wet compound, car won't pit. That's the joke about that setting, lets you do what we at GPRO know as a "Whiting" start, which is start with tyres that do not match the weather :)

As a general rule, remember Q2 weather is lap 1 weather, meaning weather will only change lap 2 onwards, never earlier.

Thx Florencia big help! ;) I thought so too, but i wasn´t sure if that would be the case. And also thx for the quick reply. :) much appreciated.
Gabriele Degli Esposti
(Группа Rookie - 133)

Страна:
Италия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #526 Размещено 6 Апр 2022, 13:42:10 Цитата 
Guys the Australian gp will be the last gp of the season, I beguin to play Yesterday and I have 13kk $ probably I should spend a lot of my Money onto the car upgreades, shouldnt I?
Iain Bartholomew
(Группа Pro - 10)

Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #527 Размещено 6 Апр 2022, 13:48:47 Цитата 
Quote ( Gabriele Degli Esposti @ April 6th 2022,13:42:10 )

Guys the Australian gp will be the last gp of the season, I beguin to play Yesterday and I have 13kk $ probably I should spend a lot of my Money onto the car upgreades, shouldnt I?

I think the answer is that at this point it won't matter what you do.
Robin Boek
(Группа Rookie - 55)

Страна:
Нидерланды 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #528 Размещено 6 Апр 2022, 14:09:32 Цитата 

You can do whatever you want. In Rookie there is a reset at the end of the season. Make sure you drive all races for a bonus.
in Rookie get the best driver possible for a promotion to amateur
your car drives best with pha characteristics are similar to the the track.
Watch your money
plan ahead in a season.
be ready for number crunching
if possible join a team for a flying start

Stefan Gommans
(Группа Master - 2)

Страна:
Нидерланды 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (4)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #529 Размещено 6 Апр 2022, 14:48:44 Цитата 

Have fun, you could start with trying to higher a driver for next season

The driver that you get from the game itself as your first driver isn't the best possible option, either try him out, or look for a new driver for next season, just make sure he is 85 OA or below that after the last race of the season.
Zé Pedro Paula
(Группа Amateur - 16)

Страна:
Мозамбик 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #530 Размещено 6 Апр 2022, 14:54:10 (последняя редакция 6 Апр 2022, 14:54:23 от Zé Pedro Paula) Цитата 
What's a car without a driver?!
Branislav Mihic
(Группа Elite)

Страна:
Дания 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #531 Размещено 6 Апр 2022, 14:55:20 Цитата 

Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ April 6th 2022,14:54:10 )

What's a car without a driver?

Waymo
Gabriele Degli Esposti
(Группа Rookie - 133)

Страна:
Италия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #532 Размещено 6 Апр 2022, 14:58:59 Цитата 
obviously I've already read the guide for new, and the first thing that I did was to get a good driver, but now I have lots of money too

Christopher Delehanty
(Группа Pro - 15)

Страна:
США 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #533 Размещено 6 Апр 2022, 15:40:37 Цитата 
If you've read the rules carefully, you'll know that after this upcoming race everything that you do before that race (other than your driver if OA remains below 85) will be reset after the race.

So your balance will reset to $30 million to start next season, and you might as well blow all your cash. Also there's not much reason to spend your money right now other than to learn because anything you pay for will go away after the race.
Zé Pedro Paula
(Группа Amateur - 16)

Страна:
Мозамбик 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #534 Размещено 6 Апр 2022, 16:33:13 Цитата 
Quote ( Gabriele Degli Esposti @ April 6th 2022,14:58:59 )

obviously I've already read the guide for new, and the first thing that I did was to get a good driver, but now I have lots of money too

You'll only need money when you think of promoting to Amateur level. Meanwhile, it's "play money".

Same as with the car. You can check what cars race in Amateur (and Rookie) so you'll be ready then.

If it's just to spend the money you also can do it by training Staff and upgrade facilities for this last race. Spread it across the whole package and if you get points I think you get extra money for next season.
Stefan Gommans
(Группа Master - 2)

Страна:
Нидерланды 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #535 Размещено 6 Апр 2022, 17:49:23 Цитата 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ April 6th 2022,16:33:13 )

Spread it across the whole package and if you get points I think you get extra money for next season.
nope.
You either start with 30M or 35M for racing all 17 races, or less if you score more then 50 points and don't promote
Eddy Jerome
(Группа Rookie - 54)

Страна:
Франция 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #536 Размещено 10 Март 2023, 21:12:22 Цитата 
For the 2 Pits over 25s during the current race, KCUF One more Say
<div>Really KCUF What the hell allez NTM
</div>
Richard Robin Paukson
(Группа Amateur - 16)

Страна:
Эстония 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #537 Размещено 10 Март 2023, 21:38:12 (последняя редакция 10 Март 2023, 21:38:38 от Richard Robin Paukson) Цитата 
Quote ( Eddy Jerome @ March 10th 2023,21:12:22 )

For the 2 Pits over 25s during the current race, KCUF One more Say
Really KCUF What the hell allez NTM

25 second pits are normal in Rookie.
Arthur Fernandes Lima
(Группа Rookie - 23)

Страна:
Бразилия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #538 Размещено 27 Авг 2023, 18:10:31 Цитата 
I have 3 questions already:

1:should I already improve facilities or not? If yes,how many levels

2:should I improve my car even though the parts aren't that worn out yet?

3:how does the training works on pilots and what each training improves?
Gergo Szendi
(Группа Amateur - 24)

Страна:
Венгрия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #539 Размещено 27 Авг 2023, 18:21:36 (последняя редакция 27 Авг 2023, 18:33:35 от Gergo Szendi) Цитата 
Quote ( Arthur Fernandes Lima @ August 27th 2023,18:10:31 )

1:should I already improve facilities or not? If yes,how many levels

1. Two options. A) No. B) Improve it to reach maximum level of training '10'. That way your staff won't lose what they already know.

2. No, don't! Wait for it to get worn out. Observe how much one (each) race wears the parts out.

3. You choose a training type press the "train driver" button and the stats improve immediately. I suggest taking a screenshot before pressing the "traing driver" button and see what changed :)
Hint: the name of the training types and the skill they train... they correspond to each other. You can have an educated guess and probably it will be correct :) Just think realistically which "class" could make driver aggressive, or motivated, etc. :)

Oh, and regarding drivers... I will link you my favourite thread. Some pretty good infos there:

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=31257&Page=1

Страница « 1 2 3 ... 16 17 [18 Перейти на страницу:
Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > Newbie forum > New comer survival guide to GPRO Добавить тему в список игнорируемых Добавить тему в список наблюдаемых

Ответить на тему