Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > Suggestions forum > Storing multiple team liveries Добавить тему в список игнорируемых Добавить тему в список наблюдаемых
Страница [12 3 » Перейти на страницу:
Автор Тема: Storing multiple team liveries 72 ответов
Enric Gubern
(Группа Amateur - 93)

Страна:
Андорра 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (60)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #1 Размещено 6 Авг 2014, 17:56:34 (последняя редакция 7 Авг 2014, 08:16:24 от Hans Barf) Цитата 
Hi all,

I think liveries are the most visual part of the game even don't give any extra advantage.
For this reason, and because I'm a designs lover, I suggest to add the possibility for the teams for having a sort of "garage" with diferent liveries (sometimes teams change their liveries and the old one is simply deleted) so every season the team can choose the livery (the same for all the team) without disturbing our loved graphical designers ;) (asumed every livery in the garage has been approved before).
That don't means every team can now start designing new liveries. By now, we can only change it every 3 seasons. That means, wen one new livery is added, the old one isn't deleted, and remains in the "garage" available for being used in the future without any other step with the GPRO crew.
Like it?

*mod edit - title; to make it different from other team livery topics
Martin Freeth
(Группа Amateur - 40)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (0)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #2 Размещено 6 Авг 2014, 18:15:55 Цитата 
Sounds good to me .
Andrei Ciuchi
(Группа Master - 1)

Команда GPRO
  Страна:
Румыния 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #3 Размещено 6 Авг 2014, 18:15:57 Цитата 
Hmm ... This could be interesting.

Now, how big would you say this 'garage' would be? Meaning how many liveries would be saved?
Mairo Toom
(Группа Amateur - 34)

Страна:
Эстония 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (3)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #4 Размещено 6 Авг 2014, 18:17:14 Цитата 
I'd say 3 liveries in garage sounds good...
Dominik Karda
(Группа Rookie - 258)

Страна:
Чехия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (0)   Сообщение не понравилось (1)
Старое сообщение #5 Размещено 6 Авг 2014, 18:20:06 (последняя редакция 6 Авг 2014, 18:20:22 от Dominik Karda) Цитата 
Only 3? I think 10-15 is good and you can have it for a very long time. Although it would cost something.
Fran Betancort
(Группа Amateur - 66)

Страна:
Испания 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6 Размещено 6 Авг 2014, 18:20:07 Цитата 
Sounds nice, just need a bit more thoughts but I like it ;)

Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Группа Amateur - 98)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #7 Размещено 6 Авг 2014, 18:23:05 Цитата 
5 liveries but a team could pay for more may be like 2 supporter credits per a extra car.
Enric Gubern
(Группа Amateur - 93)

Страна:
Андорра 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (1)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #8 Размещено 6 Авг 2014, 18:27:08 Цитата 
Thanks for your positive answers.
I think this feature will not require any server improving. Is "static", and the garage will grow, as much, every 3 seasons (that is the time the game designers allow teams to change the car liveries).

Asuming that a team change their livery every 3 seasons, the garage will have 10 liveries in 30 seasons. How many teams last up to 10 seasons? And how many teams have enough supporters to do that?

We are 6 (soon 7) supporters in my team. I think this feature will improve the proud of being part of an "historic" team. The liveries are a sort of car history... and even can be re-used. The size of the garage is not a problem, I think.
Sujith Ashraf
(Группа Amateur - 74)

Страна:
Индия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (5)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #9 Размещено 6 Авг 2014, 18:39:46 Цитата 
I think every previous Team livery should remain in a place called 'Team Showcase' but the team members should only be able to use the present livery uploaded to your Team profile page as i dont want to see one team's members racing with different liveries in a race.

Just a example - http://s7.postimg.org/hj6rzt3yz/Bugi.png If they can add the period they raced with these livery under every livery, would be great :)

Cheers !
Enric Gubern
(Группа Amateur - 93)

Страна:
Андорра 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #10 Размещено 6 Авг 2014, 18:50:35 Цитата 
Quote ( Sujith Ashraf @ August 6th 2014,18:39:46 )

I think every previous Team livery should remain in a place called 'Team Showcase' but the team members should only be able to use the present livery uploaded to your Team profile page as i dont want to see one team's members racing with different liveries in a race.

Quote ( Enric Gubern @ August 6th 2014,17:56:34 )

so every season the team can choose the livery (the same for all the team)

Agree. All the team members with the same car. Every season can choose one from the garage, but all people the same.
Daniel Woodhouse
(Группа Pro - 1)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #11 Размещено 6 Авг 2014, 18:59:52 Цитата 
Would we choose what livery to use every season or anytime?
Mairo Toom
(Группа Amateur - 34)

Страна:
Эстония 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #12 Размещено 6 Авг 2014, 19:01:15 Цитата 
Quote ( Daniel Woodhouse @ August 6th 2014,18:59:52 )

Would we choose what livery to use every season or anytime?

Quote ( Enric Gubern @ August 6th 2014,17:56:34 )

so every season the team can choose the livery

So after season reset, before the first race.
Enric Gubern
(Группа Amateur - 93)

Страна:
Андорра 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #13 Размещено 6 Авг 2014, 19:12:53 (последняя редакция 6 Авг 2014, 19:15:39 от Enric Gubern) Цитата 
Quote ( Mairo Toom @ August 6th 2014,19:01:15 )

So after season reset, before the first race.

Off course. Basically, is the same as it's now, but with the possibility of chosing one from the garage. And withoud asking the GPRO crew for doing that.(or create a new one if 3 seasons have passed).
Daniel Woodhouse
(Группа Pro - 1)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #14 Размещено 6 Авг 2014, 19:14:12 Цитата 
Oh , I was thinking maybe each race would be best as you could have a team special event livery or a team RIP livery as then your team will still all have the sane livery but they mean different things. That's my opinion but this may be harder to do.
Aki Perätalo
(Группа Pro - 11)

Страна:
Финляндия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #15 Размещено 6 Авг 2014, 19:15:26 Цитата 
Quote ( Daniel Woodhouse @ August 6th 2014,19:14:12 )

Oh , I was thinking maybe each race would be best as you could have a team special event livery or a team RIP livery as then your team will still all have the sane livery but they mean different things. That's my opinion but this may be harder to do.

It would be very confusing for the competitors as some teams would end up changing the livery for every single race.
Daniel Woodhouse
(Группа Pro - 1)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #16 Размещено 6 Авг 2014, 19:17:20 Цитата 
I see your point mate but I was thinking why would you have a specific livery for each season as there may be a point where you want to change it again?
Daniel Woodhouse
(Группа Pro - 1)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #17 Размещено 7 Авг 2014, 01:32:30 Цитата 
I really hope this goes ahead :)
Nuno Toscano
(Группа Pro - 22)

Страна:
Португалия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #18 Размещено 7 Авг 2014, 01:56:22 Цитата 
If it is possible to choose any livery from the game, why couldn't a manager choose one from the team garage?
Stuart McIntyre
(Группа Pro - 21)

Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #19 Размещено 7 Авг 2014, 02:09:15 Цитата 
I like this :)
David Andrewartha
(Группа Amateur - 124)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #20 Размещено 7 Авг 2014, 02:18:52 Цитата 
Side order of amphetamines for Hans, coming right up!
Enric Gubern
(Группа Amateur - 93)

Страна:
Андорра 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #21 Размещено 7 Авг 2014, 04:10:34 Цитата 
Well, it seems that people, everybody with their hues, likes the suggestion :-)

I'd like to know what the administrators think about...
Martin Freeth
(Группа Amateur - 40)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #22 Размещено 7 Авг 2014, 07:28:16 Цитата 
Can't see why it would be a problem , people can already change their livery every race with the general and supporter liveries , so why not the team liveries . I think this is a great idea .
Ben Williams
(Группа Amateur - 115)

Страна:
Австралия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #23 Размещено 7 Авг 2014, 07:46:59 Цитата 
Wait... You mean pink isn't faster?
Hans Barf
(Группа Amateur - 72)

Команда GPRO
  Страна:
Нидерланды 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (6)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #24 Размещено 7 Авг 2014, 08:42:38 Цитата 
As if ppl can smell I am back from holidays :p

I like the suggestion. It would also solve the problem of archiving old liveries. I don't do that, GPRO doesn't and sometimes teams don't.
There are some number of questions which have been addressed already by some, but somehow I feel the need to expression MHO:
- car limit: I don't think there has to be one.
- upload frequency: the usual 3 seasons, or maybe go down to 2 seasons, since many teams send nearly-ready-to-upload designs making my life so much easier. Previously used car designs can be added in this cycle.
- change frequency: as some said ppl can change the car every race if they won't, so why not a team? Only with topteams with many members in higher groups a team livery really makes sense. But I do think that teammembers can only pick one as a group and not to have individual choices. Also obvious is that the team leader should have the powers to change the livery. How to make this function available is a thing which needs to be decides by the admins.
- car show case: for the team the cars should be visible in the usual choose livery section. I don't think all cars need to be displayed on the team livery page. How this works in combination with the previous bullet, I don't know yet.

?- All things come to an end, even teams. There was this other idea to sell old team liveries as personal liveries. What are your thoughts on how to handle liveries from teams which are sold to other managers?

Sujith Ashraf
(Группа Amateur - 74)

Страна:
Индия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #25 Размещено 7 Авг 2014, 08:49:43 (последняя редакция 7 Авг 2014, 09:06:43 от Sujith Ashraf) Цитата 
Quote ( Hans Barf @ August 7th 2014,08:42:38 )

is that the team leader should have the powers to change the livery. How to make this function available is a thing which needs to be decides by the admins.

Just like the team leader can change their team name before the first race of every season, the Team leader has to choose the livery after discussing with the team.
Martin Freeth
(Группа Amateur - 40)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #26 Размещено 7 Авг 2014, 09:05:25 Цитата 
I think if a manager buys a liquidated team , the livery is part of the package , but then many people want their own design , so maybe the livery that went with the team when bought becomes redundant , so it should become available to buy if someone wants it , but I can't see that happening because you still want your own design , unless that particular livery is great
Daniel Douglas
(Группа Pro - 2)

Страна:
США 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #27 Размещено 7 Авг 2014, 09:11:10 Цитата 
For showcase and selecting.

It could be as simple as displaying all the liveries on the select livery page, but making only one selectable, placing a box around it, and putting a title over It that says "current team livery".

If It was the team leader viewing the page, all would be selectable, If the one without box around It was selected, they would get a prompt asking if they would like to set that as the team livery.

Simples.
Daniel Douglas
(Группа Pro - 2)

Страна:
США 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #28 Размещено 7 Авг 2014, 09:14:58 (последняя редакция 7 Авг 2014, 09:15:24 от Daniel Douglas) Цитата 
Quote ( Martin Freeth @ August 7th 2014,09:05:25 )

I think if a manager buys a liquidated team , the livery is part of the package , but then many people want their own design , so maybe the livery that went with the team when bought becomes redundant , so it should become available to buy if someone wants it , but I can't see that happening because you still want your own design , unless that particular livery is great

Let's play "how many sentences can you write without a period".

You win.

I'd say just let the past liveries travel with the team if it is purchased.

Whoops, sorry bad habits.
Martin Freeth
(Группа Amateur - 40)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #29 Размещено 7 Авг 2014, 09:40:54 Цитата 
Yep guilty as charged !!! Thanks Dan :)
Enric Gubern
(Группа Amateur - 93)

Страна:
Андорра 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #30 Размещено 7 Авг 2014, 14:42:14 Цитата 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ August 7th 2014,09:11:10 )

For showcase and selecting.

It could be as simple as displaying all the liveries on the select livery page, but making only one selectable, placing a box around it, and putting a title over It that says "current team livery".

If It was the team leader viewing the page, all would be selectable, If the one without box around It was selected, they would get a prompt asking if they would like to set that as the team livery

The beauty of simplicity...
Страница [12 3 » Перейти на страницу:
Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > Suggestions forum > Storing multiple team liveries Добавить тему в список игнорируемых Добавить тему в список наблюдаемых

Ответить на тему