Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Sponsors suggestion: Pay for a "spy" with supporter credits. Bu başlığı engellenenler listesine ekle Bu başlığı takip listesine ekle
Sayfa [12 » Sayfaya hızlı ulaşım:
Yazar Konu: Sponsors suggestion: Pay for a "spy" with supporter credits. 30 Cevaplar
Marcelo Santos
(Grup Pro - 2)

Gönderiler: 1385
  Ülke:
Brezilya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (1)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (40)
Eski Mesaj #1 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 03:08:39 Alıntı 
Since most of things here are now being paid with supporter credits, here's my $0.50 cents:

What about paying 0.4 euros to see who is negotiating with the same sponsors of yours? AND, of course, after being paid, his progress should be available untill a manager closes a contract with that sponsor.

Regards

Lelos.
Kevin Parkinson
(Grup Amateur - 42)

GPRO Ekibi
Gönderiler: 14356
  Ülke:
İskoçya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (29)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (1)
Eski Mesaj #2 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 03:09:29 (son değiştirilme 8 Kas 2012, 03:12:02 kim tarafından: Kevin Parkinson) Alıntı 
No!

Paying for an actual gaming advantage is something that has never been supported and should never be supported.

Right now, there is nothing stopping someone that pays nothing to GPRO from becoming Elite champion. That should never change as if it did, it would lead to only those spending money for an in game advantage would progress to the very top.
Marcelo Santos
(Grup Pro - 2)

Ülke:
Brezilya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (0)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (3)
Eski Mesaj #3 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 03:13:56 Alıntı 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ November 8th 2012,03:09:29 )

Paying for an actual gaming advantage is something that has never been supported and should never be supported.

Let's see what the other manages think about that :)
To be honest, the advantage you say is just to push or not some races to close the contract earlier right? Because all that depends mostly of your finances to turn that "speed" into real results. So, I don't see a big advantage here.
Claudio Szynkier
(Grup Amateur - 6)

Gönderiler: 1043
  Ülke:
Brezilya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (2)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #4 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 03:17:10 (son değiştirilme 8 Kas 2012, 03:18:03 kim tarafından: Claudio Szynkier) Alıntı 

No!

i'm with kevin. paying for real (even small) advantages is the short road to kill gpro.

however, a spy is a good idea.

why not paying with own manager's cash for that?

Stefan Gommans
(Grup Amateur - 28)

Gönderiler: 1706
  Ülke:
Hollanda 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (2)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (1)
Eski Mesaj #5 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 03:18:10 Alıntı 
NO!
Marcelo Santos
(Grup Pro - 2)

Ülke:
Brezilya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (0)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #6 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 03:20:29 (son değiştirilme 8 Kas 2012, 03:21:49 kim tarafından: Marcelo Santos) Alıntı 
Quote ( Claudio Szynkier @ November 8th 2012,03:17:10 )

i'm with kevin. paying for real (even small) advantages is the short road to kill gpro.

however, a spy is a good idea.

why not paying with manager's cash for that?

Explain it :)

About the supporter, I just gave an idea, what about that spy being paid with manager's cash and after a race he says that you're in front of the other(s) manager(s) fighting for grab a new sponsor??

EDIT: He says that you're in front OR NOT of the other(s) manager(s) and, how many managers are fighting for the new sponsorship.
Jay Caulls
(Grup Rookie - 291)

Gönderiler: 541
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #7 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 03:24:45 Alıntı 
I can see where you come from with it Marcelo, and it's a great idea, just not for a Supporter function...

As suggested, maybe just using manager's money.If we allow a small thing become supporter only, it will open the door for other "Little things" to get passed, which will slowly escalate into a case of "I need supporter to get anywhere in this game"
Claudio Szynkier
(Grup Amateur - 6)

Gönderiler: 1043
  Ülke:
Brezilya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #8 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 03:27:26 (son değiştirilme 8 Kas 2012, 03:29:57 kim tarafından: Claudio Szynkier) Alıntı 
the essential and necessary skills in this game are mental and don't depend on real money.

however, real money is a dangerous way that can change the balance of the (real) skills.

with that, i'm not meaning to say your suggestion "will kill the game".

it's just a matter of philosophy.
Greg Swaney
(Grup Master - 1)

Gönderiler: 4344
  Ülke:
A.B.D. 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (0)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (1)
Eski Mesaj #9 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 03:30:02 Alıntı 

No!

Quote ( Stefan Gommans @ November 8th 2012,03:18:10 )

NO!

NO! ! !
Jay Caulls
(Grup Rookie - 291)

Gönderiler: 541
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (2)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #10 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 03:33:13 Alıntı 
http://findyourinnergeek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/bryan_no.jpg
Rafael Mantovani
(Grup Pro - 9)

Gönderiler: 8206
  Ülke:
Brezilya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #11 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 03:37:10 Alıntı 
Sponsors are hard to get for a reason, mate.
In the end, it comes down to how you manage it yourself. Without giving foby info away, you can find out who is your competition if you follow certain 'patterns'.
In this sense I agree with everyone else, 'no' for me too.

Quote ( Claudio Szynkier @ November 8th 2012,03:27:26 )

real money is a dangerous way that can change the balance of the (real) skills.

+1
Serge Girard
(Grup Amateur - 8)

Gönderiler: 1173
  Ülke:
Kanada 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (1)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #12 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 03:42:13 Alıntı 
What is the easiest way to get a NO on GPRO forum? Well, you start a sentence with tbe words I have a suggestion...

A spy? There are no such thing in the Grand Prix real world! But since this is a game, why not?

But if you go this way, don't use real money. Keep it within the game world and use your cash. Then you have one more managerial decision to make: is it worth it to spend your cash on a spy? It will probably depend. And that is in synch with the general idea behind GPRO.
Pat Madigan
(Grup Amateur - 63)

Gönderiler: 1201
  Ülke:
A.B.D. 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #13 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 03:49:02 (son değiştirilme 8 Kas 2012, 03:51:21 kim tarafından: Pat Madigan) Alıntı 
Quote ( Greg Swaney @ November 8th 2012,03:30:02 )

No!

NO!

NO! ! !

and no...

unless you have some type of penalty like 'Spygate' 2007, the manager can run a 'spy check' for free, and look to see who is researching him and if you get caught, the 'spy' will lose your money....and go oh let's say $100,000,000.00 negative..... :-) you wanna cheat, 'pay' the consequences...

edit @ Serge- there are definitely spies in the real F1 world
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grup Pro - 11)

Gönderiler: 2729
  Ülke:
Meksika 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #14 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 03:49:05 Alıntı 
If your sponsor candidate is negotiating with only one manager it can be fairly easy to get a short list of 2-3 mamagers that could be negotiating with him.

Of course this gets complicated if you have more than 2 managers negotiating with one sponsor or of the other manager has promoted/relegated
Greg Swaney
(Grup Master - 1)

Gönderiler: 4344
  Ülke:
A.B.D. 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (0)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (2)
Eski Mesaj #15 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 03:53:16 Alıntı 
Quote ( Serge Girard @ November 8th 2012,03:42:13 )

What is the easiest way to get a NO on GPRO forum? Well, you start a sentence with tbe words I have a suggestion...

Or read the rest of your dumb post that doesn't even warrant being copied as it also gets answered with a NO! ! ! ! !
Janne Kuokkanen
(Grup Rookie - 6)

Gönderiler: 1270
  Ülke:
Finlandiya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #16 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 04:03:28 (son değiştirilme 8 Kas 2012, 04:04:53 kim tarafından: Jani Kaipainen) Alıntı 
the spy thing is nice idea indeed but paying with supporter credits will never happen, but instead the spy should get money from your manager balance which means less money for upgrading, driver salary, tyre supporter, or something else. :)

Quote ( Serge Girard @ November 8th 2012,03:42:13 )

A spy? There are no such thing in the Grand Prix real world! But since this is a game, why not?

since when is gpro real life :D gpro has only few things that are same/similar to real life :P
Pat Madigan
(Grup Amateur - 63)

Gönderiler: 1201
  Ülke:
A.B.D. 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #17 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 04:26:45 Alıntı 
Really?!? Might as well open the door on a supporter feature that lets me see my opponent's setup too or at least his race strategy maybe what he eats on race day for breakfast.........(if you want ideas GPRO needs a sarcasm font..lol)

I can't believe i actually fell into this troll fest.. ..but it is the equivalent of cheating... it is similar to what you 'used' to be able to do with drivers....*raises hand in guilt for use* and personally i am glad that is gone...

if you think you can steal a sponsor from another negotiating manager or just want to slow down another manager's negotiating with someone.....grow a set and take a chance. maybe it works maybe it doesn't...I don't think there needs to be any type of advantage

and that is my 'old man' rant for the day... :-) and maybe I missed some sarcasm somewhere but it doesn't appear so...
José Nunes
(Grup Amateur - 4)

Gönderiler: 2879
  Ülke:
Brezilya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (1)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (1)
Eski Mesaj #18 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 05:04:01 Alıntı 

No!

NO!

NO! ! !

And NO!!
Pauli Käkelä
(Grup Pro - 1)

Gönderiler: 2604
  Ülke:
Finlandiya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #19 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 07:04:28 (son değiştirilme 8 Kas 2012, 07:05:09 kim tarafından: Pauli Käkelä) Alıntı 

No!

NO!

NO! ! !
Quote ( Pat Madigan @ November 8th 2012,03:49:02 )

and no...
Quote ( José Nunes @ November 8th 2012,03:49:02 )

And NO!!
NO!!!
David Jones-Winkley
(Grup Amateur - 41)

Gönderiler: 3802
  Ülke:
Galler 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #20 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 07:06:22 Alıntı 
Can't see no benefit in knowing who your against. lets just say in against you then how does that help me. The only thing i need to know is how many are negotiating and if in ahead and that can all be found out just by looking at your sponsor page. As far as new sponsors then as long as you have researched all sponsors in your group then you will be ahead so why do i need to know who in against?
Chinmay Dhopate
(Grup Elite)

Gönderiler: 7750
  Ülke:
Hindistan 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #21 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 07:55:00 Alıntı 
This gives me another idea...

Incognito negotiation!

This will allow you to negotiate in secret with your sponsors, so that no one will know anyone else is negotiating with it, and it won't show in "average negotiation progress" for that sponsor.

It should come at a price, lets say: $50,000 per race for every sponsor you are negotiating with in secret.
Simon Forth
(Grup Amateur - 46)

Gönderiler: 373
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #22 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 08:36:33 Alıntı 
I can't see why knowing who is in negotiation with you sponsor would be of any advantage.

Surely if you setup you car to the best possible setting, with what you consider to be the best possible race strategy, so you win the race and then any other negotiating manager wont have chance to beat you to their signature on the sponsorship deal.

Even if you did know which other managers were in negotiation, what could you do about it???, no a great deal.
Mark Webster
(Grup Master - 2)

Gönderiler: 10727
  Ülke:
İskoçya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #23 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 09:45:51 Alıntı 
There's definitely something in this idea, but I think it's got to be done with game money and not personal money.

See Kevin, you can actually be helpful whilst saying no.
Alan Horsley
(Grup Amateur - 22)

Gönderiler: 2084
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #24 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 10:31:34 Alıntı 
Agree supporter credits should not be used and agree knowing who is negotiating is fairly pointless.

Perhaps paying a large sum ($5 mil?) to a spy to find out if the sponsor you are negotiating with is prepared to offer a lot more than they currently are?

Risk involved is that you may lose the 5 mil only to find they won't or you might get an extra 500k over 18 races or so = 9 mil (so 4 mil profit).
Kevin Parkinson
(Grup Amateur - 42)

GPRO Ekibi
Gönderiler: 14356
  Ülke:
İskoçya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #25 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 10:40:05 Alıntı 
Quote ( Mark Webster @ November 8th 2012,09:45:51 )

There's definitely something in this idea, but I think it's got to be done with game money and not personal money.

See Kevin, you can actually be helpful whilst saying no.

I thought I was by ruling out any real money being used for in game advantage. :)

As pointed out by you and others, there is nothing wrong with the suggestion, as far as suggestions go, if it would use in game money and not real cash. I wouldn't personally agree with it, but no harm in suggesting it and having a discussion about it.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Grup Pro - 10)

Gönderiler: 2695
  Ülke:
İtalya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #26 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 10:49:58 Alıntı 
Quote ( Simon Forth @ November 8th 2012,08:36:33 )

I can't see why knowing who is in negotiation with you sponsor would be of any advantage.

Surely if you setup you car to the best possible setting, with what you consider to be the best possible race strategy, so you win the race and then any other negotiating manager wont have chance to beat you to their signature on the sponsorship deal.

Even if you did know which other managers were in negotiation, what could you do about it???, no a great deal.

Quote ( Simon Forth @ November 8th 2012,08:36:33 )

You can figure out whether you have chances to fill the gap between you and the other manager (if you are behind) or if your competitor is closing the gap (if you are ahead), and take appropriate steps, if possible.

By the way, I don't like the idea.
Declan Kelly
(Grup Rookie - 115)

Gönderiler: 383
  Ülke:
İskoçya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #27 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 11:11:43 Alıntı 
Quote ( Alan Horsley @ November 8th 2012,10:31:34 )

Agree supporter credits should not be used and agree knowing who is negotiating is fairly pointless.

Perhaps paying a large sum ($5 mil?) to a spy to find out if the sponsor you are negotiating with is prepared to offer a lot more than they currently are?

Risk involved is that you may lose the 5 mil only to find they won't or you might get an extra 500k over 18 races or so = 9 mil (so 4 mil profit).

i think this is a good idea
Floris Maljers
(Grup Master - 2)

Gönderiler: 1012
  Ülke:
Hollanda 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (2)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (1)
Eski Mesaj #28 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 19:33:04 Alıntı 
With in game money, yes otherwise No.
Sion Francis
(Grup Master - 3)

Gönderiler: 6613
  Ülke:
Galler 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (3)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #29 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 20:01:12 Alıntı 
No to the use of real money - for obvious reasons already explained.

No to the idea of spies within the current system, because it will make it even harder for non-frontrunners to sign sponsors. If you knew the competition was the guy always finishing 40th in his group, you'd have no qualms taking him on.
David Jones-Winkley
(Grup Amateur - 41)

Gönderiler: 3802
  Ülke:
Galler 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #30 Yayınlanma zamanı: 8 Kas 2012, 20:06:30 Alıntı 
I still can't see any benefit in paying to see who your competitors are. lets just say that it was 0.4cr to see then what if you are negotiating with 10 sponsors that would be 4cr starting to add up and become costly to some. So now I've paid 4cr for information that is of no use to me. what is useful is knowing how many are negotiating but that can be found out by information on the sponsors page
Sayfa [12 » Sayfaya hızlı ulaşım:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Sponsors suggestion: Pay for a "spy" with supporter credits. Bu başlığı engellenenler listesine ekle Bu başlığı takip listesine ekle

Bu konuyu yanıtla