Sayfa [1
Yazar Konu: Self-Publishing 7 Cevaplar
Alan Tansley
(Grup Rookie - 66)

Gönderiler: 3097
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (4)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #1 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 May 2021, 22:57:32 Alıntı 
I'm currently writing a fantasy novel. I haven't written anything before, I wouldn't consider myself a writer or anything like that, I'm just doing it for fun and to see if I can. I'm about 75% through my first draft, but I'll probably be another year or so polishing it.

I'm going to take a punt on going the traditional route of getting an agent/editor and all that good stuff because, well, why not, right? Chances are, though, that's probably not going to pan out, so I will have to go down the self-publishing route. My question is, does anyone in the GPRO community have any experience with this? would be great to get some advice if there is someone out there. Cheers.
Mick Ridley
(Grup Pro - 16)

GPRO Ekibi
Gönderiler: 2604
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (0)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #2 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 May 2021, 23:00:02 Alıntı 
No advice mate, but good luck :D

Niels Van Heijster
(Grup Amateur - 9)

Gönderiler: 1406
  Ülke:
Hollanda 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #3 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 May 2021, 23:18:24 Alıntı 
Maybe I have some pointers for you :)
Calum MacKinnon
(Grup Master - 2)

Gönderiler: 301
  Ülke:
İskoçya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (1)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #4 Yayınlanma zamanı: 25 May 2021, 00:24:57 Alıntı 
I'm in a pretty similar spot - I finished the first draft of my manuscript at the start of February and have been editing ever since, although I'm still far from happy with it yet. Don't have much advice to give as I'm still trying to learn for myself, but there are tons of self-published authors on YouTube and their collective knowledge of all the processes involved is an absolute gold mine.

I was watching a video earlier today by a guy who recently self-published his first novella, and he broke down all the steps he took to get to the end product. It's not a definitive step-by-step guide of what to do, but I found it a useful insight into all manner of things I hadn't properly considered yet. Perhaps it could be of interest to you as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtYSzGK6Ywc

Best of luck!
Ilia Lilov
(Grup Amateur - 16)

Gönderiler: 302
  Ülke:
Bulgaristan 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #5 Yayınlanma zamanı: 25 May 2021, 18:06:03 (son değiştirilme 25 May 2021, 18:06:27 kim tarafından: Ilia Lilov) Alıntı 
I have some experience working in a printing house, not sure how much help that might be, but if you have the finished book specs (size, pages, type of cover, ect.) I might be able to give you an estimate (from a printing house in Bulgaria)
Alan Halford
(Grup Amateur - 39)

Gönderiler: 678
  Ülke:
Galler 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #6 Yayınlanma zamanı: 25 May 2021, 19:47:09 Alıntı 
No advice available from me I'm afraid but all the same - the very best of luck - I look forward to the end result
James Hawthorn
(Grup Amateur - 11)

Gönderiler: 125
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #7 Yayınlanma zamanı: 25 May 2021, 20:02:44 Alıntı 
Good luck with the book. There are sites out there that handle the self publishing aspect while leaving the agent out of it.
Josh Clark
(Grup Master - 4)

Gönderiler: 6667
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #8 Yayınlanma zamanı: 25 May 2021, 20:58:31 Alıntı 
Is it about a man living in van? ;)

No advice but good luck and good on you Alan, something I think a lot of people want to try but can't fight off the procastination. I'd love to try but I'm well aware of the amount of time that goes into not only the writing but the planning and research.

Have you thought about publishing it as an e-book? I believe doing this makes self publishing a novel extremely easy, especially with things like the Amazon Kindle publishing system with their userbase. Obviously not as satisfying as your own physical copy, but it could be a good foot in the door :)
Sayfa [1

Bu konuyu yanıtla